Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Melissa Reeves returns to Days!
Topic Started: Jul 30 2010, 10:30 AM (12,667 Views)
Ellie

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Melissa-Reeves-1021205.aspx

Cool news! Suds phenom Melissa Reeves has signed a contract with Days of Our Lives and will resume playing the role of Jennifer Deveraux in September. An NBC rep tells us the actress who was so terrific in her recent multi-episode return for the death of Alice Horton will hit the air during November sweeps. Does this mean her TV hubby and fellow fan fave Matt Ashford (Jack) will also stage a comeback? Look for story details and an exclusive interview with Reeves in an upcoming issue of TV Guide Magazine.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

This is so conflicting.

On the one hand, it'll be so great to have Jennifer back for the long haul (though who knows if I'll even be watching...probably not).

On the other hand....it's with these incompetent lackluster writers, so there's no use in my getting excited.

Sarah
Member Avatar

crap

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I don't want them to ruin her....I don't want them to ruin her.....I don't want them to ruin her......

lysie
Member Avatar

This is such shocking news... :laugh: And I echo lady's sentiments. But...JENNIFER!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Jul 30 2010, 10:35 AM
This is such shocking news... :laugh: And I echo lady's sentiments. But...JENNIFER!
It's a stunner, I tell ya. ;)

But I'm cautiously thrilled. I was surprised how much I enjoyed her and realized I had missed her during the Alice memorial stuff - she was pretty much the only thing I did enjoy.

Fingers crossed that they do right by her!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

With the latest ratings news, I thought there could be an announcement soon about Missy's return to generate some positive buzz. I share the feelings of those who are conflicted. Jennifer is one of my favorite characters but I don't want to see her ruined. Days has proven that most of their returning characters have not worked long term.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Sarah
Jul 30 2010, 10:32 AM
crap
???

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Jul 30 2010, 10:35 AM
Okay Lysie...we will hijack every thread with the word Jennifer! Okay....it's our mission for this year.....

Lol...anyway...total shocker! NOT! I'm excited...but I'm also cautious as we still have the same writing team that has managed to fuck up Days. If they write her well...this might bring me back to watching Days again...now if they can get rid of a few I don't like and bring back some more I do, I'll be completely on board. How long before we hear about Matt's return? Next month? Is he still touring with Mama Mia?
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jul 30 2010, 10:47 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Where is Amello? His boo.... :wub:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

What's the over/under on how many days before Jennifer sleeps with Daniel? Because whatever it is, I want the under.

Deleted User
Deleted User

lysie
Jul 30 2010, 10:48 AM
Where is Amello? His boo.... :wub:
JENNIFER!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Paxton
Jul 30 2010, 10:51 AM
What's the over/under on how many days before Jennifer sleeps with Daniel? Because whatever it is, I want the under.
LOL! Sad but true... unless Tomlin and the writing team are out the door, you know that's going to happen.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Hallelujah!

OliveAnn

I saw this coming (who didn't?), but I'm still excited.

A note to writers: Jennifer is related to Kayla and Adrienne thru marriage. Please don't ignore that.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

OliveAnn
Jul 30 2010, 10:55 AM
A note to writers: Jennifer is related to Kayla and Adrienne thru marriage. Please don't ignore that.
Yes. I want Jack to return, maybe a have a mini-story arc with the Johnsons while Kayla is still there.

Days4Life

Good news. I love her. Now I'm anxiously waiting to hear about Jack....

six
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 30 2010, 10:31 AM
This is so conflicting.

On the one hand, it'll be so great to have Jennifer back for the long haul (though who knows if I'll even be watching...probably not).

On the other hand....it's with these incompetent lackluster writers, so there's no use in my getting excited.
My thoughts exactly. I've wanted Jen back for a long time, but there's absolutely no reason to believe she won't get the same treatment that everyone else got.

titan1978
Member Avatar

Love Jennifer, loved seeing her during the Alice memorial, and the show needs Hortons! However, it seems that the only time I have enjoyed a Jennifer storyline in the last 15 years was the early Jack/Jennifer/Peter stuff, and those last 3 weeks or so when she and Matt left the show together. I can't remember who was writing the show then, I think we were between Head Writers, but they were so much like how they should be written it was almost a shame they were leaving. I hope to see Jennifer in a storyline, and I am one of those fans who doesn't have to have Matt there for me to enjoy Jennifer. I like Valley as Jack too, and I think Missy could make magic happen with just about anyone, even someone like Daniel.

esp13
Member Avatar

I have a hunch that Kayla will be gone again before Jennifer arrives. Kayla's first airdate back in Salem is September 21. I don't have any confirmation for how long she's there for, but the original announcement indicated it was another limited run of some unannounced duration. I'm guessing maybe 2-3 weeks. So, I suspect Kayla will be long gone before Jennifer arrives. Too bad.

I honestly wish I could be thrilled about this news. But, the show hasn't done a return well in over 4 years. Steve and Kayla's return played to mixed reviews at best (at least when viewed as a whole). CC and LS's returns were greeted with great enthusiasm and excitement only to fizzle, badly. WK and JE have been given very little to do. I like Jennifer, but my general feeling is that the first few months will be okay and then everything will go to shit.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply