Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Somerset Opening 1976
Topic Started: Jul 30 2010, 03:50 PM (2,479 Views)
somersetfan
Member Avatar

Here is an opening scene from Somerset in 1976. Hearing that theme brings back so many memories.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

somersetfan
Jul 30 2010, 03:50 PM
Here is an opening scene from Somerset in 1976. Hearing that theme brings back so many memories.

:hail: :hail: :hail:

I've always wanted to see what that opening looked like. I've got an mp3 of that full theme song, but I've never seen the opening. This is *very* rare footage! And JoBeth Williams as Carrie Wheeler!

sungrey

It's one of the most underrated openings in all of daytime. Captures the spirit of the town and I love Charles Paul's "cool jazz" theme.

David C

Absolutely ridiculous that scenes from an obsccure soap opera cancelled 34 bloody years ago has been pulled. There is absolutely obscene filth allowed on the internet and THIS gets yanked?!!!The moderator of this site either continues on a major power trip or somehow this 34 year old clip violated some copyright law? Get a bleeping grip!

Deleted User
Deleted User

David C
Aug 12 2010, 05:25 PM
Absolutely ridiculous that scenes from an obsccure soap opera cancelled 34 bloody years ago has been pulled. There is absolutely obscene filth allowed on the internet and THIS gets yanked?!!!The moderator of this site either continues on a major power trip or somehow this 34 year old clip violated some copyright law? Get a bleeping grip!
It still works for me.
Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

Works for me too, Amello. I don't know what's up with that post. I've watched it a few times, in fact, and I've seen that episode at the Museum of TV and Radio.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Still works for me, as well.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

sungrey
Jul 30 2010, 11:17 PM
It's one of the most underrated openings in all of daytime.
Not only the opening, Somerset itself is so underrated and sadly forgotten by most.

I think the person probably had an error message pop up which happens to me sometimes when trying to watch videos. It does not mean the video is gone it's just being silly.

David C

My rant was based on this:The day after I watched this with amazement and I wanted to see it again, an error message appeared saying it was deleted. Obviously, it's not been deleted or we are collectively halucinating this whole thing! Now THAT sounds like an Edge storyline.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Another clip from this 1976 episode of SOMERSET has been uploaded...

CarlD2

I'd never seen this theme. Only the earlier one, which kind of creeped me out, the one where the buildings would start appearing.

Thanks for finding this. I've only seen part of an earlier episode, with the divine Marie Wallace. Wish I could see more of that. And any of the Jingles the Clown story...

Joel Crothers was so handsome.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Video Vault · Next Topic »
Add Reply