Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Crisis at Days! Corday interview.; Aug 17th issue
Topic Started: Aug 5 2010, 04:17 PM (25,581 Views)
JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

John and Marlena can stay where they are but I agree with your first point.
Edited by JamesScott_19, Aug 12 2010, 10:04 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

paul89

Hope Ken cordoy can bring in John and Marlena also Shawn and Belle... if shawn was on the show i wonder what he would say what his mom has been doing ..

VetsRock
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Aug 11 2010, 03:41 PM
Fire: Brady, Rafe, Carly, Gabi etc.
Bring Back: John, Marlena

Put them in a huge story, something crazy and edgy.
I Will For Sure Be Back(I know I am not the only one that feel that way),If This Happen and **also get rid of All the people that is killing Days**
Yes Bring On John & Marlena/D & D and The Vet with strong stories
Edited by VetsRock, Aug 12 2010, 03:04 PM.

paul89

VetsRock
Aug 12 2010, 03:02 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Aug 11 2010, 03:41 PM
Fire: Brady, Rafe, Carly, Gabi etc.
Bring Back: John, Marlena

Put them in a huge story, something crazy and edgy.
I Will For Sure Be Back(I know I am not the only one that feel that way),If This Happen and **also get rid of All the people that is killing Days**
Yes Bring On John & Marlena/D & D and The Vet with strong stories
i am with you on for a John and Marlena Return

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

ejamiplease
Aug 11 2010, 03:27 PM
JamesScott_19
Aug 10 2010, 03:09 PM
LuvingLumi
Aug 10 2010, 10:02 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I was waiting for you to reply, just like old times of course I disagree ;)

I don`t think Ej meant that, he does accept her but he does not like when she lies. If that was the case,why did he say "spoken like a true dimera" He loves every every side of her and accepts every side.

What did you expect Ej to do? Watch Sami get away with her crap, yea not happening. He went after her because the woman he loves lied and that was the hardest part, since than he regretted it, at least Ej was the one that returned sydney, whether he was trying to be the hero or not. Unlike Sami who did`nt tell him he had a child until after it died.

Ejami have hurt each other in the past, none of them are perfect which is why they are complex.

Lucas wanted Sami to grow up? He also wanted Sami to be honest with her feelings and he called her out MANY times that she loves Ej, and she did`nt deny it either.

Rafe has not experienced the bad Sami AT ALL, he does`nt even know what she was like before, not buying that.
I totally agree! I hate that they've spun Sami to suddenly not be very conflicted as she was a couple months ago, she loves EJ, always has always will, why aren't they letting Sami show that. This story would be so much more interesting if she actually acted torn between two men, and genuinely seemed to be in love with both. I miss the other Sami, she was much more enjoyable to watch. They've completely diluted her to make Safe work and it sucks. :frustration:
"She loves E.J. and always will, why aren't they letting her show that" is such an absurd statement to me. If she loved E.J. and always would, that's what we would be seeing. Sami is a fictional character. Her thoughts and feelings are whatever the show tells us they are, and right now the show is making it clear that Rafe is who she loves. So if that's who the show depicts her as loving, then that's who she loves. It's not like she secretly loves E.J. and the show it just.. not aware of it. The show decides who she is.

And I've seen very little evidence (none, actually) of Sami loving E.J. most above all. Going through their history, in 2006 she had a crush on him, but facilitated between loving Lucas and Austin. In 2007, she loved Lucas and only Lucas. In 2008, she was torn between Lucas and E.J. in the first half, and Rafe and E.J. in the second half. In 2009, she pretty much just loved Rafe. And in 2010, it's been much the same (although she's gotten feelings for E.J. again).

So when was the moment where Sami's heart was genuinely devoted to E.J. totally and completely? I can find moments throughout history where she felt that way for Austin, Lucas, Rafe and even Brandon. Not for E.J.

And fun fact: As of 2010, E.J. is the only man Sami's ever cheated on.

And before, I get dragged into Safe vs. Ejami drama, let it be known that I am not a fan of either couple.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I vote for getting rid of Carly/Melanie/Daniel/Nathan/Stephanie and replacing them with John/Marlena. The show would fair better with a John/Marlena story than this usual predictable humdrum, Maury Povich-style, who's the daddy storyline that we're currently faced with involving the aforementioned quintet. Phillip would be the only one that I would save in this story.
I'm a Jack/Jenn shipper. But, I'm openminded enough to see Jenn with another love interest if the show decides to pursue that route. Why don't they recast Peter Dimera? At least she did have a past with him as well. Plus, it would add drama and spice to Jenn's love life. But, my fingers are still crossed that Matt Ashford returns. I guess we'll see.
I would love to see Martha Madison return as Belle. Maybe she could really hook up with Phillip. Although I was a Shelle fan back then, there was no denying the chemisry between Phillip/Belle.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

lazydazes
Aug 14 2010, 03:56 PM
I vote for getting rid of Carly/Melanie/Daniel/Nathan/Stephanie and replacing them with John/Marlena. The show would fair better with a John/Marlena story than this usual predictable humdrum, Maury Povich-style, who's the daddy storyline that we're currently faced with involving the aforementioned quintet. Phillip would be the only one that I would save in this story.
I'm a Jack/Jenn shipper. But, I'm openminded enough to see Jenn with another love interest if the show decides to pursue that route. Why don't they recast Peter Dimera? At least she did have a past with him as well. Plus, it would add drama and spice to Jenn's love life. But, my fingers are still crossed that Matt Ashford returns. I guess we'll see.
I would love to see Martha Madison return as Belle. Maybe she could really hook up with Phillip. Although I was a Shelle fan back then, there was no denying the chemisry between Phillip/Belle.
Missy would probably quit if Jason Brooks came back. I remember that huge horror show in 1995 with all the rumors of their affair. They would deffinetley have to recast.
Edited by Casey, Aug 14 2010, 04:05 PM.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Peter tried to murder Jennifer and Abby. I would like to believe Jennifer wouldn't get back together with him after having done that. What kind of mother would she be?

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

SlyestFox
Aug 14 2010, 04:11 PM
Peter tried to murder Jennifer and Abby. I would like to believe Jennifer wouldn't get back together with him after having done that. What kind of mother would she be?
Jenn strikes me as a parent who always puts her kids first. She'd take a bullet for them.

SalemSeductress
Member Avatar
Sarah

CaseyLovesDays
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8392756&t=8336840
SlyestFox
Jenn strikes me as a parent who always puts her kids first. She'd take a bullet for them.

Unlike Sami. Sorry I couldn't result. :cheer:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SlyestFox
Aug 14 2010, 03:41 PM
ejamiplease
JamesScott_19
Aug 10 2010, 03:09 PM

I totally agree! I hate that they've spun Sami to suddenly not be very conflicted as she was a couple months ago, she loves EJ, always has always will, why aren't they letting Sami show that. This story would be so much more interesting if she actually acted torn between two men, and genuinely seemed to be in love with both. I miss the other Sami, she was much more enjoyable to watch. They've completely diluted her to make Safe work and it sucks. :frustration:
"She loves E.J. and always will, why aren't they letting her show that" is such an absurd statement to me. If she loved E.J. and always would, that's what we would be seeing. Sami is a fictional character. Her thoughts and feelings are whatever the show tells us they are, and right now the show is making it clear that Rafe is who she loves. So if that's who the show depicts her as loving, then that's who she loves. It's not like she secretly loves E.J. and the show it just.. not aware of it. The show decides who she is.

And I've seen very little evidence (none, actually) of Sami loving E.J. most above all. Going through their history, in 2006 she had a crush on him, but facilitated between loving Lucas and Austin. In 2007, she loved Lucas and only Lucas. In 2008, she was torn between Lucas and E.J. in the first half, and Rafe and E.J. in the second half. In 2009, she pretty much just loved Rafe. And in 2010, it's been much the same (although she's gotten feelings for E.J. again).

So when was the moment where Sami's heart was genuinely devoted to E.J. totally and completely? I can find moments throughout history where she felt that way for Austin, Lucas, Rafe and even Brandon. Not for E.J.

And before, I get dragged into Safe vs. Ejami drama, let it be known that I am not a fan of either couple.
Great post!! ITA. I think some do forget that Sami is fictional and is only doing what the writers have her do and feel. I get that in his twisted way they are having ej love Sami, but the feelings are not reciprocated. The writers want Sami in love with Rafe and that's what she is.
I have seen some ridiculous posts on other boards about how AS hates Galen and doesnt want to work with him, that she has gone to the writers and asked not to be in scenes with him, etc., etc. That is so far out there. These are actors, folks, and they do what they are written and paid to do. It's not personal.

SalemSeductress
Member Avatar
Sarah

magicsteacher
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8392783&t=8336840
SlyestFox
ejamiplease

Great post!! ITA. I think some do forget that Sami is fictional and is only doing what the writers have her do and feel. I get that in his twisted way they are having ej love Sami, but the feelings are not reciprocated. The writers want Sami in love with Rafe and that's what she is.
I have seen some ridiculous posts on other boards about how AS hates Galen and doesnt want to work with him, that she has gone to the writers and asked not to be in scenes with him, etc., etc. That is so far out there. These are actors, folks, and they do what they are written and paid to do. It's not personal.

I think there are two reasons for the show:

1) They try to please each of their fanbases by giving them little teases.

2) DH has her own plan and does it.

I agree about the characters being written, but the actors are the ones who create the characters. Writers just write the words. Personally, I feel there are people who invest more in their characters than others. Anyone can cry or kiss someone. The actor makes the character.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

SalemSeductress
Aug 14 2010, 04:34 PM
CaseyLovesDays
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8392756&t=8336840
SlyestFox

Unlike Sami. Sorry I couldn't result. :cheer:
Sami wouldn't do anything.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

SlyestFox
She loves E.J. and always will, why aren't they letting her show that" is such an absurd statement to me. If she loved E.J. and always would, that's what we would be seeing. Sami is a fictional character. Her thoughts and feelings are whatever the show tells us they are, and right now the show is making it clear that Rafe is who she loves. So if that's who the show depicts her as loving, then that's who she loves. It's not like she secretly loves E.J. and the show it just.. not aware of it. The show decides who she is.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :hail:

I honestly get concerned when I read statements like the one you're quoting. That's a blur of the lines between fiction and reality. Especially over a TV show that probably 90% of the world doesn't care about, to a couple that probably even more of the world doesn't care about!
Truthfully, that was just probably an overly romanticized declaration (I can't call it a statement.) But still....a little perspective in this whole thing is nice.

Dolly

Sami was very into EJ, he was her best friend, and she was so hot for him, until she learned he was a Dimera. Since that time, she has tried hard to deny her feelings for him. They do come out often, usually expressed by a kiss, sex once, and clearly she even says it, several times, when he is almost dieing.
EJ was forced to become the most patient lover in history, by the writers because of the reaction of some fans, to the agreement between Sami and himself, on the night he saved Lucas for her. He can not toutch her, only look and long, protect, desire, and finely give in to Nicole for some comfort. He still tried to get Sami to admit her feelings. Sami tried to tell Ej about the baby on several occassions, but was scared by the shooting of the Mayer, and Phillip.
Well, both EJ and Sami have been writen as people who put their children first. Now they are about to marry for the sake of the children, and because Ej loves Sami. Sami realizes she has feelings for EJ, and she responds to him often, even if she is still feels she will be lost in his love. Now that is how the 2 of them have been written.
Then GG and others were hired from Passions. I am forgeting DH was also hired to write, and she changed the speed to get through story lines. What a drag it has been.
Ken Corday has a part in this. THe Ejami romance did so much for the show, and AS for NBC. His knee jerk reaction, Safe better than Ejami, just so foolish. 4 years invested in Ejami, the best actors on the set, what a Romeo and Juliet story, and so much potential for future story lines. Just an error. The ratings have been tanking since viewers knew it was to be Safe after Labor Day. The organizations which have been formed to suport Ejami. The campaigins. But feeling the reason the fans watch, is slipping away, well so are the fans.
This viewer is hoping the promiced twists will eventually bring the return of Ejami, in full swing to Salem.

lysie
Member Avatar

Dolly
Aug 16 2010, 09:12 PM
Sami was very into EJ, he was her best friend, and she was so hot for him, until she learned he was a Dimera. Since that time, she has tried hard to deny her feelings for him. They do come out often, usually expressed by a kiss, sex once, and clearly she even says it, several times, when he is almost dieing.
EJ was forced to become the most patient lover in history, by the writers because of the reaction of some fans, to the agreement between Sami and himself, on the night he saved Lucas for her. He can not toutch her, only look and long, protect, desire, and finely give in to Nicole for some comfort. He still tried to get Sami to admit her feelings. Sami tried to tell Ej about the baby on several occassions, but was scared by the shooting of the Mayer, and Phillip.
Well, both EJ and Sami have been writen as people who put their children first. Now they are about to marry for the sake of the children, and because Ej loves Sami. Sami realizes she has feelings for EJ, and she responds to him often, even if she is still feels she will be lost in his love. Now that is how the 2 of them have been written.
Then GG and others were hired from Passions. I am forgeting DH was also hired to write, and she changed the speed to get through story lines. What a drag it has been.
Ken Corday has a part in this. THe Ejami romance did so much for the show, and AS for NBC. His knee jerk reaction, Safe better than Ejami, just so foolish. 4 years invested in Ejami, the best actors on the set, what a Romeo and Juliet story, and so much potential for future story lines. Just an error. The ratings have been tanking since viewers knew it was to be Safe after Labor Day. The organizations which have been formed to suport Ejami. The campaigins. But feeling the reason the fans watch, is slipping away, well so are the fans.
This viewer is hoping the promiced twists will eventually bring the return of Ejami, in full swing to Salem.
Sami was hot for EJ until she found Kate's bra in his couch, not until she found out he was a DiMera. And EJ hasn't been patient at all. "Patient" would be taking a step back, and letting her come to him no matter how long it takes. And neither character has been shown putting their children first. All words, very little action as far as that goes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply