Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I can't access the board from my new notebook style laptop.! Why?; Has anyone encountered this problem?
Topic Started: Aug 10 2010, 11:08 PM (449 Views)
juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Hey guys! Long time, no see. Anyhow, I am unable to access the board on my laptop- it just gives me an error message. Does anyone know about or have it had happen to them before and, more importantly, is there a way to fix it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

It would help if you said what the error message is. I haven't had any trouble. Oh and just for curiosities sake I'm going to ask. What is a notebook style laptop? :unsure:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Miss Rhi
Aug 10 2010, 11:35 PM
It would help if you said what the error message is. I haven't had any trouble. Oh and just for curiosities sake I'm going to ask. What is a notebook style laptop? :unsure:
I think these-
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=16154&N=4294966502&Name=VAIO+Notebooks#/overviewTab

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Is it maybe your Internet Connection? My connection can get really screwy sometimes and I can't access the board.

Manny
Member Avatar

I used to have that problem. I could access the board fine at home, but at work from my computer I couldn't, but from my colleague's computer I could. It was weird. Then they had to reinstall everything on my work computer and after everything was finished and up and running again, suddenly I was able to access the board from my work computer.

happy
Member Avatar

Hello,

I'm still fairly new to the board and have quickly become an ADDICT. But I've had some difficulty when using my iPad. When reading posts from my iPad, the solid blue banner on the right sometimes moves over the left to cover the words. Has anyone else experienced this difficulty? And is there anything I can do to correct the problem?

Thanks,
Sue Jin

lysie
Member Avatar

happy
Nov 6 2011, 10:35 PM
Hello,

I'm still fairly new to the board and have quickly become an ADDICT. But I've had some difficulty when using my iPad. When reading posts from my iPad, the solid blue banner on the right sometimes moves over the left to cover the words. Has anyone else experienced this difficulty? And is there anything I can do to correct the problem?

Thanks,
Sue Jin
I dont have a solid blue banner on the right. What theme are you using? I'm using Diamond in the Rocks, and I never have trouble from my iPad.

Layla
Member Avatar

happy
Nov 6 2011, 10:35 PM
I have that problem too. It only seems to be a problem when I'm using the theme Corporate, though. There's like this blue block that covers the right part of the posts. I have that problem when I'm using an iPad or laptop, but it's not a problem when I view the board on an iPhone (I only view the board as a Guest when I'm using an iPhone, simply because it takes too long for me to log in.). It's also don't think it's a problem with the browser, because I've tried it on all the browsers: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc. I think the problem is with the theme when you're logged on, because I tried viewing the board as a Guest on the iPad and laptop, and it works fine.

Here's a screenshot of it, BTW:

I put it in a spoiler tag so it won't stretch the page.
Spoiler: click to toggle

See how the block is covering the right side of the post? You can't scroll right, either. IDK, it's weird. I *think* this is the same problem Happy is talking about. I don't mind if y'all can't fix it. I prefer the theme Spring Into Summer anyway, but I've only changed it up because... well, it's not really summer anymore, LOL. :P

happy
Member Avatar

Dear Lysie and Layla,

Thanks so much. It was in corporate setting. I got up this morning and could see all the posts fine, but the like/dislike feature no longer works. I can't see how others have responded, and pressing the "like" icon doesn't do anything. Feature used to work onmmy iPad until this morning. I have tried different settings, but nothing. Haven't yet tried seeing DR on my laptop.

Is anyone else having this problem? I am currently using the first setting on the drop down list.

Thanks,
happy
Edited by happy, Nov 7 2011, 09:08 AM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The site the Like/Dislike button code is hosted on is disabled right now due to usage/data overage, it should come back later today or at least by tomorrow. I'm trying to find out if the code can be hosted internally somehow like others are so this won't happen again. This is only the 2nd time it's happened so far but it sucks that it has to occur at all.

happy
Member Avatar

Gotcha. Thanks! Makes sense. November Promo definitely sent the DOOL board on overload. ;-)

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what was happening with that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DR Member Help & Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply