Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC SID reporting that Billy Warlock (Frankie Brady) back to Days
Topic Started: Aug 11 2010, 11:44 AM (10,502 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/latebreakingnews/

Is Actor Out Before He Airs?

Warlock is returning to an old role!

Late yesterday afternoon, rumors were swirling around the ONE LIFE TO LIVE set that soap hopper Billy Warlock (ex-Blackthorn, AS THE WORLD TURNS; ex-A.J., GENERAL HOSPITAL; ex-Frankie, DAYS OF OUR LIVES) would be leaving the soap as Ross sooner than expected to return to his former role… on GH! Since A.J. is very dead, that seemed hard to believe (although Michael could use him right about now). After a bit more digging, Soaps In Depth has uncovered that the former role he's actually revisiting is Frankie on DAYS. Either way, it puts Warlock, who is due to make his OLTL debut the end of this month, back on the West Coast. As for his replacing Michael Lowry as OLTL's Ross? While the gig was a short-term one, we'll keep you posted on whether this latest development will affect his ABC storyline as soon as we find out more information!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Oh please, oh please, oh please let this be true! I love Billy Warlock!

But now one has to wonder...could this be why they haven't asked Matthew Ashford to return? :unsure:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

BOOOOO! This probably means no Jack for another 6 months! I didnt care for Frankie back then and now.

Thanks for posting!

Manny
Member Avatar

So they're pairing Jenn and Frankie? Why are they insisting going back to the past? Why can't Jennifer meet someone new if they have to break her and Jack up?

lene
Member Avatar

Good news, but no Jen/Frankie, PLEASE!!! :(

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Looks like we have Jennifer's new story LOL.

I love Warlock and loved him and Jennifer together. The triangle with Jack actually worked in it's final three months. If they can somehow find a way to give J&J conflict not involving him dying and rope Frankie back into her life, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

This also gives Carly another ally/loved one in Salem. It's going to be great seeing Carly, Frankie, and Jennifer together again. It will also be nice to see another Brady in town.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Didn't they try to use Frankie to break up Jennifer and jack before. Wow. We need Bradys but Frankie?

KMan101
Member Avatar

I like this news.

Not sure what this will mean for Jennifer and Jack, but Frankie's somewhat needed. He has lots of connections.

He was a lawyer so does this mean Justin's gone? Wouldn't they serve the same purpose? And there was that spoiler of Justin and Adrienne talking about their relationship or something like that ... maybe Kayla will be back on a recurring basis to be Stephanie's go-to?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Keep in mind that not only if Frankie an adopted Brady, but he's also Carly's brother.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Manny
Aug 11 2010, 11:46 AM
So they're pairing Jenn and Frankie? Why are they insisting going back to the past? Why can't Jennifer meet someone new if they have to break her and Jack up?
Well, there were already people complaining about the possibility of Jennifer being paired with someone new or someone already on the canvas (Daniel, Rafe, etc). I think the show thinks it will get a more favorable response by going with a familiar pairing.

And, to be fair, Jennifer and Frankie do have chemistry and work well together. It can actually be a good triangle with Jack/Jennifer/Frankie if it's not centered on Jack dying. It got really good the last time once Jack came back from being presumed dead. It's all in how they shape the story.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Warlock is a great actor and I really enjoyed Jen/Frankie before Jen/Jack. They tried last time Warlock returned to do Jen/Frankie again and it didn't work. Why do they think it will work this time? At least we know a little bit about Jen's new storyline.

Manny
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Aug 11 2010, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Warlock is a great actor and I really enjoyed Jen/Frankie before Jen/Jack. They tried last time Warlock returned to do Jen/Frankie again and it didn't work. Why do they think it will work this time? At least we know a little bit about Jen's new storyline.
Exactly.

Going back to past storylines doesn't really work. It's just recycling old stuff. And then people get bored. And then the ratings drop.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Wouldnt Hope already be in jail by the time Frankie comes back to Salem? Maybe this has more to do with Carly's SL, since he's her brother?
Edited by Liz<3Days, Aug 11 2010, 11:58 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
It actually did somewhat work. It was when they made Frankie all desperate and rushed Jennifer moving on with him that it fell apart. The final three months of the story once Jack was back in the picture were really good because both guys were good and she loved both of them. It actually showed potential to be a really good triangle at that point since none of the parties involved were bad. One good thing in it's favor is JER is not there. I know people don't have faith in this regime but I will take my chances with their version of this than I would JER's.

I do think this means Justin is a goner. Frankie can fill his role.

Ellie

dc cubs
Thanks for posting dc cubs! ABC SID doesn't sound certain about this, but it would make sense in light of the fact that Missy is returning. Totally agree with what you're saying here - if this is what they have planned for her, I can't imagine why they think her return will generate much interest.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I never care for Frankie Brady, Frankie and Jenn were a bust in 04/05 lets hope tptb don't resurrect that couple. However, Carly needs her brother, so I hope he is there for her and he gets good scenes with CC.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 11 2010, 11:58 AM
I do think this means Justin is a goner. Frankie can fill his role.

I have that feeling too about Justin. His part in the Hope storyline will be over soon and spoilers for next week have him and Adrienne talking about their relationship. Since Frankie is a lawyer Justin is no longer needed as the town lawyer. Days could easily reunite J&A and send them out of town.
Edited by dc cubs, Aug 11 2010, 12:11 PM.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

PhoenixRising05
Aug 11 2010, 11:51 AM
Manny
Aug 11 2010, 11:46 AM
Well, there were already people complaining about the possibility of Jennifer being paired with someone new or someone already on the canvas (Daniel, Rafe, etc). I think the show thinks it will get a more favorable response by going with a familiar pairing.

And, to be fair, Jennifer and Frankie do have chemistry and work well together. It can actually be a good triangle with Jack/Jennifer/Frankie if it's not centered on Jack dying. It got really good the last time once Jack came back from being presumed dead. It's all in how they shape the story.
For me the trinagle between Frankie/Jenn/Jack was a bust because it was clear Jennifer loves Jack and vice versa. Frankie and Jenn in 04/05 was a big effing flop. I see no chemistry betweeen him and Jenn at all.

heartsaver

Pairing Jennifer and Frankie again would be a horrific idea. Their storyline completely bombed last time. That relationship is completely played out. They need to erase any idea of Jennifer and Frankie Part or else Melissa Reeves' return will be a complete failure.

Now if Frankie is coming back to be the town lawyer or a friend to Jennifer and Jack or for some other reason then that would be okay. Although I think Frankie is a pretty pointless character.

six
Member Avatar

:cheer:

I was just talking about this w/someone here last week, and what a long shot it was, but how I hoped it'd happen.

Frankie = :wub2: I want my fenn reunion, without Jack being there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply