Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: At a Glance - Bo; Aug 24th issue
Topic Started: Aug 12 2010, 09:19 AM (3,615 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Nubia
Aug 12 2010, 02:24 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Aug 12 2010, 02:19 PM
Kristian gave the best performance of her life during Zack's death. Never had I seen anything more real on a Soap before, she's one good actress.
That scream/cry that she let out when Lexie told her the news is/was so chilling...

oy, the pain she conveyed.
One of the most memorable scenes ever, at least for me.

This sounds good. The show really has played all the beats with the aftermath of this. I hope that continues. I expect all this to deliver, especially in regards to the performances. I do wish they hadn't gotten to the trial so quickly. That is the one thing that bothers me. What is with soaps and having trials/hearings so fast? They should at least wait a month LOL. It's a bit hard to take for me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DOOLFan85

The interview was good... Hope is going into treatment too, I'm curious if we'll get those scenes

AlisonLou

CaseyLovesDays
Aug 12 2010, 01:33 PM
Damn it. Fuck you Dena, I don't want Hope in jail.
I don't want Hope in jail either. I think most Bo and Hope fans left the show awhile ago and won't come back till they are reunited. I believe this sl will/could end the show. I don't see how this will help the show to get a renewal.
Bo and Carly are boring. Unless Ken ends them I don't see how the show will ever recover.
The Bo and Hope scenes sound good though.
They need to let Dena go. Her stories are awful and unappealing.
I do think Bo and Carly will end in November when her lies come out about Chloe.
I also think Hope in jail will be like watching paint dry.
She will be interacting with characters no one cares about.
Edited by AlisonLou, Aug 12 2010, 06:54 PM.

karmakatch63

newboxermom
Aug 12 2010, 10:04 AM
Typical and SOOOOO very predictable. Pisses me off.
Me too...hate it. And yes predictable.
In Salem they all carry around sledgehammers to inform viewers...BLAME Bo, poor fragile Hope, BLAME Bo, poor fragile Hope
My viewing DAYS are ending.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

AlisonLou
Aug 12 2010, 06:53 PM
I don't want Hope in jail either. I think most Bo and Hope fans left the show awhile ago and won't come back till they are reunited. I believe this sl will/could end the show. I don't see how this will help the show to get a renewal.
Bo and Carly are boring. Unless Ken ends them I don't see how the show will ever recover.
The Bo and Hope scenes sound good though.
They need to let Dena go. Her stories are awful and unappealing.
I do think Bo and Carly will end in November when her lies come out about Chloe.
I also think Hope in jail will be like watching paint dry.
She will be interacting with characters no one cares about.
Now, what makes you think most Bo and Hope fans left the show? If they did only because they're mad that Bo and Hope aren't together, they missed some good stuff. Personally, I think this storyline kicked some well-needed ass for the show. I sincerely doubt it's a show-killer.
All hints point to Bo and Carly ending anyway, but even if they don't, I don't see it being the end of Days just because of that, not with all the other issues Days has had in the past. You just seem so down on everything unless it involving Bo and Hope lately. I mean, it's your perogative, but I think there are opportunities here that, if they take advantage of them, could mean great regeneration for the characters of Bo and Hope. And, when it's over, and they blow this opportunity, I'll be right there complaining with you. :D I just want to give it a chance first, because so far, it hasn't disappointed me. The only thing I haven't liked is the whole break-up, how Hope wanted to leave, and how fast Bo picked up on Carly. I do think that was handled poorly, but lately, the whole NT Hope thing was pretty good. I do not like Hope coming out as an innocent in the whole break-up thing, and get tired of Bo getting the brunt of it.

This is a marvelous opportunity to explore Bo and Hope as INDIVIDUALS. Personally, to me, I can't get intrigued by a couple unless a show takes time to explore some individuality. It's not uncommon for a soap heroine to commit a crime or spend time in jail at some point in their soap "career". This is also a great time to resolve issues never resolved since Zach. So far, I haven't been too disappointed. And what an opportunity to allow Kristian Alfonso some acting variety.
Very definitely, one will not like the new characters if one has already DECIDED not to like them. How do you KNOW you won't care about them? Again, for me, soap couples are boring and awful if they aren't allowed to interact with the rest of the world occasionally. These jail scenes could be a whole new dimension for Hope. At the very least, it gives KA something new to do. And, if this is done to prevent her from going over her limit of days of filming or whatever, it fits well.
Also, Dena doesn't write everything on the show

lazydazes
Member Avatar

:shame: Oh, no. I don't want to see Fancyface in prison. But, I know that PR and KA will deliver. Finally, some real drama is ensuing on the show. It's about time! Poor Hope is going to encounter so many problems, considering that she will be in prison with people that she has locked up in the past. I am going to love watching PR and KA work their magic in this story.

AlisonLou

karmakatch63
Aug 12 2010, 07:51 PM
newboxermom
Aug 12 2010, 10:04 AM
Typical and SOOOOO very predictable. Pisses me off.
Me too...hate it. And yes predictable.
In Salem they all carry around sledgehammers to inform viewers...BLAME Bo, poor fragile Hope, BLAME Bo, poor fragile Hope
My viewing DAYS are ending.
Yes the predictability is what's killing this show.
I think the problem is they drag storys out too much and by the time the storys end people have guessed whats going to happen. The minute they revealed a warden had been casted alot of people guessed Hope was going to jail.
And then there's the whole Chad thing well everyone new who his fatherr was going to be 3 or 4 months ago!
I think they need to have some shocking twists and turns. So far Days hasn't delivered that.
Days has a great cast but the stories are bad and lack so much action, suspense and romance.
The last couple of weeks have been great. The writers write good stuff for a couple of weeks then it falls apart again.
The writing needs to be more consistent.

And the going over the episode count thing is ridiculous. Days needs to hire someone that can manage this properly.

karmakatch63

Well, the one good thing is that Hope should never be allowed to be on the police force and I won't ever have to hear what a great cop she was from the writers via everyone and their mother.
That was about as insulting as it gets.

Poor Bo, once again the prop for a Hope story. How pathetic.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

karmakatch63
Aug 12 2010, 09:50 PM
Well, the one good thing is that Hope should never be allowed to be on the police force and I won't ever have to hear what a great cop she was from the writers via everyone and their mother.

Bo slept with Carly. Bo had a lot to do with it too, you can't throw ALL the blame on Hope.

Morganarose

I don't think this story is predictable and it is giving Peter and Kristian great acting opportunities. I love that Peter knows his character so well and I loved his interview. As a loyal fan of Bo and Hope, I think that the prison story is going o prove a way for Bo and Hope to get back together and will redeem both the characters. JMO and I am positive about what is going to play out. I won't criticize it until I see it what is happening with my own eyes and not what I think will happen. I for one will continue to support Bo and Hope and Peter and Kristian and will wait to see what enfolds...Thanks to some of the positive posts above as I totally agree with you.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

CaseyLovesDays
Aug 12 2010, 09:51 PM
karmakatch63

Bo slept with Carly. Bo had a lot to do with it too, you can't throw ALL the blame on Hope.
Exactly, but for some, everything is always Hope fault, far be it for Bo to take any responsibility or be at fault for anything. Just saying.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Morganarose
Aug 13 2010, 07:00 AM
I don't think this story is predictable and it is giving Peter and Kristian great acting opportunities. I love that Peter knows his character so well and I loved his interview. As a loyal fan of Bo and Hope, I think that the prison story is going o prove a way for Bo and Hope to get back together and will redeem both the characters. JMO and I am positive about what is going to play out. I won't criticize it until I see it what is happening with my own eyes and not what I think will happen. I for one will continue to support Bo and Hope and Peter and Kristian and will wait to see what enfolds...Thanks to some of the positive posts above as I totally agree with you.
:hail: :hail:

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Dakota
Aug 13 2010, 01:57 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Aug 12 2010, 09:51 PM
karmakatch63

Exactly, but for some, everything is always Hope fault, far be it for Bo to take any responsibility or be at fault for anything. Just saying.
Thank you for saying that, you are one Carly fan I really appreciate, if only others were like you. As a Bope fan I have always maintained that Bo & Hope have made so many mistakes and buried them that each of them need long term therapy separately and then ultimately together. As much as I have loathed Carly I could never say she is the blame for all of their problems anymore than I could say it's all Bo or all Hope. Carly made plenty mistakes here and the worst being moving in their home that was just beyond criminal, Bo should have divorced Hope before having an intimate relationship with Carly and Hope should have gone to a psychiatrist instead of a doctor giving out experimental drugs. In any event, ready to see how this story continues to play out.
Edited by Fafokahw, Aug 13 2010, 04:27 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply