Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:John Callahan Exits DAYS; August 31st issue; article summary
Topic Started: Aug 19 2010, 02:35 PM (3,320 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Dr. Baker heads out of Salem this week for the second time in a year. "In this day and age, you always hope for bigger and better, but my understanding form talking to Gary Tomlin was that Baker is someone who comes and goes on the scene, and right now, he's in a go position, "shrugs the actor. "I don't know what the future holds: I wouldn't count Dr. Baker out."

Bakers Salem run ends with him on trial for the attacks on the men of Salem. Hope is brought in to testify. "As he started to have feelings for her, he saw that she was not some kooky broad who likes to make money by mugging," observes JC. "When Baker goes to trial, he sees that Hope's going down; her career, possibly her psyche, is going to be damaged forever, and he just decides to stop the trial and take the fall and say, 'This is it,' and pleads guilty. So, in the end, he turns rather heroic, which is a nice twist on Baker, because he's always been so ethically testing the waters and sort of floating on the surface."

As for another comeback, he says, "It's completely up to them what they want to write, and if I am available if and when they do call, then we'll see which way it goes." In the meantime, the actor is auditioning and spending time with his daughter, Kaya, 8. "My role is playing dad, which is the best one," he smiles, adding, "And it pays a little better than scale."

His last airdate is August 26th.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thank God!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Sorry to see him go, Dr. Baker was a hoot and fun to watch while he was here.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I wonder if Dr. Baker will get a tougher sentence than Hope because his last name isn't Horton or Brady.

BradyB

I wonder if we will see him again. I always enjoy having Baker in Salem. I bet we haven't seen the last of him.

six
Member Avatar

Aww.

NyCsBaDdEsT
Member Avatar
Sami who?

I'm going to miss Dr. Baker. He brought a well need breath of fresh air to Salem.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Bummer. So I guess I should shelve my plans to ship "Dope". :-/

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thank goodness. His character got real tiresome this time around.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

John Callahan was so wasted. He's a great actor but Dr. Baker is such a horrible character.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Good. Sorry he's not really needed anymore.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 19 2010, 02:49 PM
I really liked Dope too!! That pairing was really different and fun!! ;)

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Aww...I'll miss John Callahan. Baker was an okay character. I hate to see him go, but really what was left for him to do?

DOOLFan85

SocRMum1
:laugh: too much

SalemSeductress
Member Avatar
Sarah

I will definitely miss Dick. During all those shitty weeks of Days, he was the only shining light, him and Nicole's banty commentary.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
:lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Aww...I will miss him! I bet he will be back at some point. The show seems to like him.

He's such a fun character and you need characters like him. They should get rid of Gus and make him Vivian's confidante and sidekick. I mean, he's a doctor and has sleazy connections. He certainly could be of use to Vivian.

I do like this exit for him. It's good character growth. It will actually be sad, for me, seeing him go.

lili
Member Avatar

Dakota
Aug 19 2010, 02:38 PM
Sorry to see him go, Dr. Baker was a hoot and fun to watch while he was here.
ICAM he was a trip I loved his banter w/Nicole and he had some real interesting moments w/HopeAfterDark.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I'm really not that sad to see him go, there is nothing they can do with him anyway.

dooldooldool

CaseyLovesDays
Aug 19 2010, 03:47 PM
I'm really not that sad to see him go, there is nothing they can do with him anyway.
He will be back. After a few months (10-12 SalemDays) in prison, the "reformed" doctor will decide to come clean about the circumstances of the "switch". He will be needed to confirm Sydney's True Parentage.

Just a prediction for February 2011 Sweeps.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply