Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:John Callahan Exits DAYS; August 31st issue; article summary
Topic Started: Aug 19 2010, 02:35 PM (3,333 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Wait- so he takes the fall and Bo/Hope apparently let him? Rad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

dooldooldool
Aug 19 2010, 04:40 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Aug 19 2010, 03:47 PM
I'm really not that sad to see him go, there is nothing they can do with him anyway.
He will be back. After a few months (10-12 SalemDays) in prison, the "reformed" doctor will decide to come clean about the circumstances of the "switch". He will be needed to confirm Sydney's True Parentage.

Just a prediction for February 2011 Sweeps.
It'll come out earlier than that, if that's what there going for.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Baker!

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

px780
Aug 19 2010, 04:43 PM
Wait- so he takes the fall and Bo/Hope apparently let him? Rad.
Hope doesn't remember everything so Baker can easily take the fall..

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 19 2010, 03:37 PM
Aww...I will miss him! I bet he will be back at some point. The show seems to like him.

He's such a fun character and you need characters like him. They should get rid of Gus and make him Vivian's confidante and sidekick. I mean, he's a doctor and has sleazy connections. He certainly could be of use to Vivian.

I do like this exit for him. It's good character growth. It will actually be sad, for me, seeing him go.
He could get Vivian to do what Gus can't seem to do.

Mayholidays

SocRMum1
Aug 19 2010, 02:49 PM
Bummer. So I guess I should shelve my plans to ship "Dope". :-/
Lol love that name :lol: We could of shipped them together too :(

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

I'm fine with this. I never got the appeal for Baker. I tend to like shady characters like that, but Baker's character never worked for me. He's been reinvented too much. When we met him a year and a half ago he was a doctor at a free clinic, and now he's just some lowlife sleazy henchman kind of guy.

He should've just stayed dead. Other than his Nicole connections, I never thought it made sense for Baker to randomly be Hope's accomplice.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

He really was not needed anymore anyway but he was funny with Nicole. That mad dash he did when he saw Brady will always be PRICELESS to me.
Edited by Virgo Twins, Aug 19 2010, 05:45 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

AWWWW, I love "'Tricky Dick!" He was a light moment in rather heavy stories. His interactions with both Hope and Nicole were awesome!

Come back soon Dick!

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I am not sad he is leaving, he was good but ran his course.

BakerFan
Member Avatar

So, Has anyone seen the article where John Callahan talks about his weight loss? I'm at a loss as to how I never saw it as it was a week or two ago. Where do I find it online? Can anybody briefly tell me what he said? I'll be really sad if I never get to read this. :(

mer4santo
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 19 2010, 02:50 PM
John Callahan was so wasted. He's a great actor but Dr. Baker is such a horrible character.
I believe the same thing. It's too bad that they couldn't find a legitimate way to keep him onscreen.

Dolly

I was always wishing that Dr. Baker would hook up with Nicole, or that Anna would come back, and that they would work.

dylan76
Member Avatar

This sucks, I love Dick!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

dylan76
Aug 23 2010, 11:58 PM
This sucks, I love Dick!
That made me chuckle.

maverick
Member Avatar

Loved Dr. Dick. He was a breath of fresh air in the midst of all of the redundant dialogue that infested this show the past few months. Great comedic timing (which is hard to do). I will miss his zingers and snark with Nic, Hope and the rest of Salem who was lucky to share a scene with him. :D

#1DaysFan
Member Avatar
my prince ❤

Aww, I will miss Baker! :(

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Miss Rhi
Aug 24 2010, 12:00 AM
dylan76
Aug 23 2010, 11:58 PM
This sucks, I love Dick!
That made me chuckle.
LMFAO! :roflol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply