Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: The Awful Truth/Sept 2nd Episode Discussion; August 31st issue
Topic Started: Aug 19 2010, 01:51 PM (37,994 Views)
Lanemack
Member Avatar

robolynn
Aug 26 2010, 03:41 PM
And how many times has EJ stomped on Sami's heart? He is certainly not an innocent guy no matter how you look at it.
But he always loved her - even when he didn't know it...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 26 2010, 11:44 AM
six
Aug 26 2010, 09:38 AM
TINA222
Aug 26 2010, 09:31 AM
Or they are going to revisit Ejole and he didnt want attempted murder hanging between them.
Unless the scenes that were leaked will be changed, I'd say it's still hanging over them, despite his feelings on the matter, and whatever it is that he decided not to do.
unless the scene was suppose to be more dramatic, for example...him taking both hands and chocking her for minutes....I can see him changing that if he wanted to have a shot at Ejole and why the turnaround now? Didn't he say just in June that there was no other woman for EJ but Sami....
IDK, I still think the damage was done. He did strangle her, and we still have Nicole crying and telling everyone he tried to kill her, which is something he couldn't change. I don't think he ever had any choice as to which woman he had a shot at; he just didn't see EJ being a good match for anyone else, but clearly the writers don't see it that way, and have spoilered something different, while simultaneously hurting it before it gets off the ground.

Lanemack, you never know. It seems like the actors often claim they're putting depth into the story that doesn't come across in the scene. I don't think these writers have any intention of writing ejami, but with the way KC listed the Sami, EJ, Rafe and Nicole as a set, you never know.
Edited by six, Aug 26 2010, 03:49 PM.

Lanemack
Member Avatar

six
Aug 26 2010, 03:47 PM
Lanemack, you never know. It seems like the actors often claim they're putting depth into the story that doesn't come across in the scene. I don't think these writers have any intention of writing ejami, but with the way KC listed the Sami, EJ, Rafe and Nicole as a set, you never know.
Hmm. Don't know, either. Just wondered if that's the undertone that AS wanted in the scene. I think she likes both groups of fans - but honestly, how can any fan of EJ and Sami think that this is good or they're "endgame" or whatever. The writing is plainly for Rafe and Sami - but funny how she slants it different in the interview.
Edited by Lanemack, Aug 26 2010, 03:59 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Lanemack
Aug 26 2010, 03:58 PM
six
Hmm. Don't know, either. Just wondered if that's the undertone that AS wanted in the scene. I think she likes both groups of fans - but honestly, how can any fan of EJ and Sami think that this is good or they're "endgame" or whatever. The writing is plainly for Rafe and Sami - but funny how she slants it different in the interview.
I've wondered the same things, about AS, and about the endgame beliefs. Glad it's not just me.

Edit: just wanted to say, that there was potential for this to go ejami's way, but these new articles are the nail in the coffin for this particular chapter. It's been pointing toward safe since before we knew Anna had Sydney, and that hasn't changed.
Edited by six, Aug 26 2010, 04:29 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Lanemack
six
AS caters to both fanbases that are playing at the time...she did the same with Lumi and Ejami when they were playing out...one week it would be beneficial for this fanbase and the next week for that fanbase...BD would just come out of left field and say that 'this Lumi chapter had closed'...and by goly he was right....AS wants to please both fanbases at the time and she's do the interviews to sell the mag, not the story...then the story plays out and it's different.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

^ We'll she's not catering to my fanbase. Where's the Lumi love?

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Lanemack
six
I think she does it to appease the "masses".

Lanemack
Member Avatar

JANALH
Aug 26 2010, 04:25 PM
Lanemack
six
I think she does it to appease the "masses".
Why don't they tire of it? Instead they go on believing and hoping and being disappointed. Interesting.

six
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Aug 26 2010, 04:23 PM
She did give lumis that very nice blog post, which is about all she could do now that BD is gone.

Lanemack, my opinion is that some people are just unbelievably optimistic. Plenty do tire of it though - didn't you say you were an ejami who's not buying it anymore?
Edited by six, Aug 26 2010, 04:34 PM.

Lanemack
Member Avatar

six
Aug 26 2010, 04:32 PM
CaseyLovesDays
She did give lumis that very nice blog post, which is about all she could do now that BD is gone.

Lanemack, my opinion is that some people are just unbelievably optimistic. Plenty do tire of it though - didn't you say you were an ejami who's not buying it anymore?
Never an "EJami". Actually, just a fan who liked the couple, came on-line in early June as the story got interesting and liked to discuss the story. I watched the baby switch story last fall and really, really liked it - enough that I became a regular viewer (after being a sporadic DOOL fan over the years). I've liked a few soap couples but have found that in this era, it is likely that the couple you like will be written poorly, you'll be disappointed - but it really does amaze me that there are fans that put up with anything from their favourite soap. I'll always come here - which might be less frequent now - and write what I honestly think. It goes beyond any like I had for EJ and Sami as a couple. Quite frankly, the story never lived up to what I - and I'm sure many fans - thought it could be. Don't really like much right now - Vivian's ghoulish grave, the soapy paternity switch, Rafe and Sami. They're alright.
Edited by Lanemack, Aug 26 2010, 04:45 PM.

Dolly

Lamemack, You see this as I do. Couple of years ago, rainy day, saw Sami and EJ. I became a fan. Wow. Just do not understand how anyone connected with the show could want anyone else with EJ or Sami.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

CaseyLovesDays
I can understand not saying anything now that Bryan isn't around as Lucas...but if Lucas ever comes back you want to make a bet she'll also be throwing us some love again...

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

LuvingLumi
Aug 26 2010, 07:25 PM
CaseyLovesDays
I can understand not saying anything now that Bryan isn't around as Lucas...but if Lucas ever comes back you want to make a bet she'll also be throwing us some love again...
I hope. I'm seriously missing Bryan. Hey, want to chat in the chatroom? I'm kind of bored.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Dolly
Aug 26 2010, 07:23 PM
Lamemack, You see this as I do. Couple of years ago, rainy day, saw Sami and EJ. I became a fan. Wow. Just do not understand how anyone connected with the show could want anyone else with EJ or Sami.
I actually can't understand how anyone would STILL want them, and I was one who never liked them to begin with. Didn't like the victim/victimizer story in the beginning, hated the vendetta storyline (thought it ruined a LOT of the show), hated the whitewash of EJ so he can sleep with Sami so that Lucas can catch them, hated the slow destruction of who Lucas was and hated the way they transformed Sami since EJ came to town. I have never bought his love for her either...I simply think he's fascinated with getting something he can't get.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

CaseyLovesDays
LuvingLumi
CaseyLovesDays
I hope. I'm seriously missing Bryan. Hey, want to chat in the chatroom? I'm kind of bored.
I'll meet you in chat...

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 26 2010, 07:30 PM
Dolly
Aug 26 2010, 07:23 PM
I actually can't understand how anyone would STILL want them, and I was one who never liked them to begin with. Didn't like the victim/victimizer story in the beginning, hated the vendetta storyline (thought it ruined a LOT of the show), hated the whitewash of EJ so he can sleep with Sami so that Lucas can catch them, hated the slow destruction of who Lucas was and hated the way they transformed Sami since EJ came to town. I have never bought his love for her either...I simply think he's fascinated with getting something he can't get.
Loved almost every minute of it!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

TINA222
Aug 26 2010, 10:26 AM
EJ does need to regroup and heal from all this. Being alone is best because he isnt in his right mind. yet. We dont want them doing what they did to Sami. :flipoff: Throwing him into a quick romance where he doesnt take time to look at his choices. I will watch EJ fight for his kids and heal from that gunshot wound. Maybe some nice scenes with arianna would be ok though. Just having someone listen to EJ would be nice.
I agree. It's a shame to see the one person that was going to be in EJ's corner (without an agenda) be taken out of the equation.

It's a shame they've axed the wrong Hernandez...and the only one with real acting ability.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

^ Hartley was better at acting than Gering ever was.

NyCsBaDdEsT
Member Avatar
Sami who?

I'm still pissed that Lindsay is leaving. Days really screwed her...

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

NyCsBaDdEsT
Aug 26 2010, 09:21 PM
I'm still pissed that Lindsay is leaving. Days really screwed her...
Yeah. I would've preferred to see Arianna over Rafe. I never saw it as a long term thing anyway though. Neither is Rafe or Gabi.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply