Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: The Awful Truth/Sept 2nd Episode Discussion; August 31st issue
Topic Started: Aug 19 2010, 01:51 PM (37,701 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Tidbit from SOW:
The article isn't much different (shorter), but it says that Sami tells EJ he'll never see his kids again. Also, at the end of the article it says that EJ gets upset, gets drunk, and gets angry. Then he does something that you find out about later....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

"'The whole situation is kind of absurd,' shrugs James Scott..."

"You have to give James Scott credit; he is so persuasive and so elegant, and it is so sincere."

Just thought those looked better next to each other.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

HASdays
Aug 19 2010, 02:07 PM
OT: ok, where r the instructions for multi-quoting on this board?
You click the little check boxes for each post you want to reply too, then there's a button at the bottom that says add reply and it quotes everything you clicked.

Ellie

HASdays
OT: ok, where r the instructions for multi-quoting on this board?
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8343902

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Angie79
Tidbit from SOW:

Not much different, but it says that Sami tells EJ he'll never see his kids again. Also, at the end of the article it says that EJ gets upset, gets drunk, and gets angry. Then he does something that you find out about later....
Most likely suicide, that's what it sounds like.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

so I guess he doesn't even have his kids to live for? what a moron....usually those that think about suicide aren't in the right frame of mind, but come on....this is such a stupid and contrived plot point to get Sami to feel sympathy and guilt over what he's done. Yet another way to torture her. On the flip side of this.....he apparently fails at the suicide attempt? LMFAO! Ya think he took one too many of these :drunk:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Ugh. I'm depressed by these spoilers. It sounds terrible.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

CaseyLovesDays
Aug 19 2010, 02:09 PM
Angie79
Tidbit from SOW:

Not much different, but it says that Sami tells EJ he'll never see his kids again. Also, at the end of the article it says that EJ gets upset, gets drunk, and gets angry. Then he does something that you find out about later....
Now I'm wondering if he gets drunk and takes the kids and then when cornered tries to kill himself?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

CaseyLovesDays
Aug 19 2010, 02:11 PM
Ugh. I'm depressed by these spoilers. It sounds terrible.
and they are banking on THIS STORY to pull them up? lmfao!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

It does sound like they are heading potentially to a suicide story - but I think it may be what they want us to think. They've spent an awful lot of time going about setting up potential suspects to shoot EJ. I think it could go either way.

And can I just say HALLELEUJAH A-FREAKING-MEN that EJ comes out fighting and has his opportunity to lay it all out for Sami - without an audience! THAT is much better than I expected. Go EJ! :hail: :hail:

Lanemack
Member Avatar

So many things I find interesting about this article.

Not much from the actors on this pivotal point in the story. Usually they go on and on about the glorious plot twist and how fantastic it plays out. Seems like they don't even find it "brilliant". Can't blame them.

Found the article completely sided for EJ and Sami - despite this being the week it all blows up. Now Sami has feelings for EJ? Those come out when the truth is exposed? Whatever. Can't backtrack on the Rafe-love now. Sorry, I actually watch the show.

JS doesn't say much. The fight comments are interesting - the actors are working the scripts now? The word "pathetic" shows up.

Please don't have EJ shoot himself. It would only be alright if he died. If not, they'll be dealing with EJ coming "back to life" and dealing with the emotions that got him there in the first place. I can't handle a depression/mental illness story written by these scribes. Truly I can't. Couldn't he just embrace his dark side after losing everything? Like, make him cocky and bad and nasty again?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Angie79
Aug 19 2010, 02:00 PM
Fight Club

In SOW it says that oringally EJ and Rafe were supposed to get into a shoving match, but they didn't do it. James explains. "But Galen and I felt like it wasn't necessary. My feeling is this: If these guys go at it, they're going to go at it. I can't imagine really being in a situation like that, but I can tell you if I was and I hit somebody, I wouldn't do it once. If they hit me, they wouldn't hit me once. It would be a fight."

And that wasn't what the show's scribes had in mind. "What they basically wrote is that EJ pushed Rafe and he fell down, which is pathetic," sighs JS. "They're not children squabbling in a playground, you know? I didn't feel that was the most appropriate thing, given the circumstances."
you see this really pisses me off in a way...because when Ej was going up against Lucas they shoved each other at times, but I guess they can't do that now with Rafe being the hero and all...Lucas could get shoved around because EJ was the 'cool one' back then.
I think that worked both ways...I remember Lucas getting to take a few cheap shots, sucker punches at EJ. It always cracked me up because it seemed so unrealistic.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Well I guess there is more proof EJ shoots himself. Do we actually see it? That might be too much for daytime tv. it might be something like Stefano is downstairs and EJ is in his room. Stefano hears the shot and runs up there. I hope Steffy doesnt have a heart attack. I know this storyline is going to be really heavy but James will act the hell out of it.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I love that EJ & Rafe act like grown ups and don't get into fighting matches... so good!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Aug 19 2010, 02:18 PM
I love that EJ & Rafe act like grown ups and don't get into fighting matches... so good!
I agree - I think it's a good choice to not go there. DAYS does a lousy job of choreographing fight scenes.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just can't get over the absurdity of EJ contemplating suicide because Sami dumps him.

Big whoop. He should throw a party.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 19 2010, 02:20 PM
I just can't get over the absurdity of EJ contemplating suicide because Sami dumps him.
Well...I'm hoping against hope if it does go there it will be over the thought of losing his children.

That's my dream and I'm sticking to it. :toetap:

justforfun

CaseyLovesDays
Aug 19 2010, 02:09 PM
Angie79
Tidbit from SOW:

Suicide is a total cop out. I hope that's not the case!! First he needs to feel the wrath of everyone in Salem! Then I see him deciding to leave Salem with Johnny and Sydney and that's where he's stopped and shot. It could be any one of several characters for sure. So much better than suicide. :redface:

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Aug 19 2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:

Rafe doesn't gloat & act like he's the man....

Are you seriously kidding me? :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: That's the biggest lie I have ever heard all year.
I'm saying the article says he doesn't act like that when the truth comes out.

TINA222
Member Avatar

EJ's whole world is wrapped up in his kids and having a family. If he is drunk he isnt thinking straight.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply