Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: The Awful Truth/Sept 2nd Episode Discussion; August 31st issue
Topic Started: Aug 19 2010, 01:51 PM (37,469 Views)
crookedhalo
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 19 2010, 02:21 PM
Kenny
Aug 19 2010, 02:20 PM
I just can't get over the absurdity of EJ contemplating suicide because Sami dumps him.
Well...I'm hoping against hope if it does go there it will be over the thought of losing his children.

That's my dream and I'm sticking to it. :toetap:
:shame: ...... Some dreams go unfullfilled.... :lol: sorry I love that comment :hug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shytstarter
Member Avatar

justforfun
Aug 19 2010, 02:22 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Aug 19 2010, 02:09 PM
Angie79
Aug 19 2010, 02:07 PM
Tidbit from SOW:

Not much different, but it says that Sami tells EJ he'll never see his kids again. Also, at the end of the article it says that EJ gets upset, gets drunk, and gets angry. Then he does something that you find out about later....
Most likely suicide, that's what it sounds like.
Suicide is a total cop out. I hope that's not the case!! First he needs to feel the wrath of everyone in Salem! Then I see him deciding to leave Salem with Johnny and Sydney and that's where he's stopped and shot. It could be any one of several characters for sure. So much better than suicide. :redface:
I will feel so jipped if he gets to lay around in a coma instead of facing the fallout.

Sounds like another underwhelming Days reveal. This show is like sex without the orgasm.
Edited by shytstarter, Aug 19 2010, 02:28 PM.

BradyB

So a life without Sami isn't worth living? Give me a break. You will be better off!!!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

CaseyLovesDays
Aug 19 2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:

Rafe doesn't gloat & act like he's the man....

Are you seriously kidding me? :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: That's the biggest lie I have ever heard all year.
I know, can the Rafe crock be any higher. :eyeroll: Rafe doesn't gloat and he acts like a man. I must be watching a different show, it is nice to see GG admit that Rafe is obsessed about Sami. I could care less about who Sami ends up with, since both guys to me are not viable choices, but I am mixed about this SOD stuff. So, Sami flops from EJ back to Rafe and how long will it take before she flips back to EJ again. Another thing, Rafe doing this for Grace or Sami because Sami has to know what kind of man EJ is another load of crock because where was this honorable and dudley do right when it came to Grace knowing that EJ was her father.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Kenny
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8397247&t=8346999
I just can't get over the absurdity of EJ contemplating suicide because Sami dumps him.

Big whoop. He should throw a party.

BradyB
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8397266&t=8346999
So a life without Sami isn't worth living? Give me a break. You will be better off!!!

:cheers: I couldn't agree more. EJ can do much better than sorry-ass, indecisive Sami.

Dakota
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 19 2010, 02:10 PM
so I guess he doesn't even have his kids to live for? what a moron....usually those that think about suicide aren't in the right frame of mind, but come on....this is such a stupid and contrived plot point to get Sami to feel sympathy and guilt over what he's done. Yet another way to torture her. On the flip side of this.....he apparently fails at the suicide attempt? LMFAO! Ya think he took one too many of these :drunk:
I think EJ got his hands on Hope sleeping pills. :lol: If you are going to do it EJ, do it right. :lol:

Dakota
Member Avatar

Kenny

Big whoop. He should throw a party.
That is what I was thinking. :D

TINA222
Member Avatar

Obvioulsy he doesnt do it right. :lol:

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I doubt it's suicide because the next week he's making Nikki feel threatened.

NyCsBaDdEsT
Member Avatar
Sami who?

Not that I'm not THRILLED about the end of Ejami...but could they have made the "big reveal" any more boring? And to top it all off, the tape is played after everybody leaves the room????? WTH? :huh1: What fun is it going to be if nobody is there to witness it? Once again writers, you FAIL! :soapbox:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SocRMum1
Kenny
Well...I'm hoping against hope if it does go there it will be over the thought of losing his children.

but that's just it, if he's alive there is ALWAYS a chance down the road he'd see them, even if it's supervised, not to mention when they grow and make their own decisions on who to see, but if he's dead there is NOTHING. At first I thought this was a good way to have the GA feel sympathy toward EJ (If that is what they want to achieve) but I see it more and more now and it feels like they would once again think he's just being selfish more than anything, once again it's about his wants, not his kids needs.

SalemSeductress
Member Avatar
Sarah

I knew it! I guessed it like last week EJ would commit suicide and be depressed! The guy has lost everything. Bam, real Sami comes back. Bam, Safe will re-unite. Bam, EJ kills himself, doesn't die, and James Scott gets an Emmy Award. Awesome!!

BTW, is it me or does SOD use stupid words like sighs and reinstates to describe the actor's comments about the story. Biased much? When I read it, it sounds like James' thinks the storyline is crap. Anyone else feel that? It's called unbiased reporting SOD. Stop skewing actor's comments!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

LuvingLumi
Aug 19 2010, 02:51 PM
SocRMum1
Kenny

but that's just it, if he's alive there is ALWAYS a chance down the road he'd see them, even if it's supervised, not to mention when they grow and make their own decisions on who to see, but if he's dead there is NOTHING. At first I thought this was a good way to have the GA feel sympathy toward EJ (If that is what they want to achieve) but I see it more and more now and it feels like they would once again think he's just being selfish more than anything, once again it's about his wants, not his kids needs.
Suicide is a completely selfish act. You'll get no argument from me on that.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Awww, poor EJ. I feel so sorry for him. :(

Psych!!

Die, EJ, DIE!!!! :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SocRMum1
Aug 19 2010, 02:53 PM
LuvingLumi
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
That is why I'm still not buying it's suicide, maybe they just want us to think that for now....there is also nothing left to live for if he feels his kids will be alienated from him, so maybe he gets drunk, angry, snatches the kids and gets into a drunk driving accident (been there too)....I'm not yet buying the suicide attempt, plus how many people actually FAIL at suicide attempts when they actually shot themselves point blank with a gun. Kidnapping the kids seems more down his alley, plus I can see Sami really going nuts if he attempts to do it again with Johnny and Syd this time.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Suicide is selfish, but a failed suicide attempt is just plain pathetic.

SalemSeductress
Member Avatar
Sarah

Playing a depressed character and committing suicide is the best thing they could do for an actor like James Scott. I've never heard of a soap character committing suicide, but it's dark, it's different, and it's real. People commit suicide because they feel like they've lost it all and I would also think EJ feels guilty for everything. How would you feel if you lost it all? Depression and suicide are very serious topics and I think it's wonderful that Days is considering this avenue. I just hope they pay attention to the issue in a sensitive way and make it believable.

At this point, Safe or Ejami are not possible. I think it sounds like Nicole, EJ, Sami, and Rafe are going to focusing on their own issues for a while. I would like Sami to be independent woman and take care of her children. For Nicole, to keep standing strong, find a man and a job herself, and stay out of trouble. I would like to see Rafe stop obsessing for trying to get back at EJ for Sami and work on himself, as well as EJ. All these characters need to re-group and then maybe some relationships can form. If either Safe or Ejami or Racole or Ejole, fall in bed the second week of September, that will be awful because there is nothing from this stroryline that can be romantic unless all these people heal their own separate ways.

Also, EJ will see his children. They will have something on the show that will make the kidnapping be custodial.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 19 2010, 02:57 PM
SocRMum1
Aug 19 2010, 02:53 PM
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
That is why I'm still not buying it's suicide, maybe they just want us to think that for now....there is also nothing left to live for if he feels his kids will be alienated from him, so maybe he gets drunk, angry, snatches the kids and gets into a drunk driving accident (been there too)....I'm not yet buying the suicide attempt, plus how many people actually FAIL at suicide attempts when they actually shot themselves point blank with a gun. Kidnapping the kids seems more down his alley, plus I can see Sami really going nuts if he attempts to do it again with Johnny and Syd this time.
You've got a great point Luving. I think it's still too soon to tell what the real deal is with this story.

BradyB

I was thinking the same thing. It would have been much more dramatic if the taped been played in front of everyone. WTF

SalemSeductress
Member Avatar
Sarah

Zoe_Zeppelin
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8397336&t=8346999
Suicide is selfish, but a failed suicide attempt is just plain pathetic.

True Zoe!! I just don't think we can expect anything spectacular from these writers. It's as if they want the show to fail.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply