Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Brandon Buddy OUT: For REAL!; Tweet in June Was Real After All
Topic Started: Aug 25 2010, 03:41 PM (2,354 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Via Daytime Confidential:

Starr-Crossed No More. Don't be surprised if you see Cole Thornhart heading out of Llanview soon. Sources say Brandon Buddy really is exiting the sudser. Word is, Buddy's tweet in June about leaving One Life to Live was the real deal all along, however the brass "encouraged" him to recant the social networking slippage. You may remember, Buddy claimed a hacker broke into his account and posted that he was quitting his J-O-B. SPOILER ALERT: Look for Cole to exit alive, but not exactly well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

As I said in the other thread, I figured it was true when it leaked on Twitter a few months ago.

I never hated him and i definitely don't want him to go now because it allows the Ford brothers to run amok even more.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Seriously?! 100% true this time?! :o

Thanks for posting Nav!
Edited by Zoe_Zeppelin, Aug 25 2010, 03:44 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I think it's horrible that tptb made him lie like that.

As for the character of Cole... well I wont miss him. Hope Buddy finds something else ;)

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

YAY! ^_^

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Not sorry to see him go and I never had any doubt that he was really leaving and they just wanted him to basically lie about it.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Yeah I think the writing was on the wall months ago and he knew it. The news got out too early.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Guess that means they'll put Starr with James,YUKE.

VetsRock
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Aug 25 2010, 06:59 PM
Guess that means they'll put Starr with James,YUKE.
You got that right,it is beyond :puke: :puke: :puke: ,maybe they will recast him later down the road,that means Hope will grow up with out a father

Logan2010

Poor Brandon. After the hacker made that false statement and Buddy himself confirmed it was real a few months later, I hope he gets other acting jobs.

Mason

It's no big loss at all, IMO. He had his moments, but they were few and far between.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Logan2010
Aug 25 2010, 08:15 PM
Poor Brandon. After the hacker made that false statement and Buddy himself confirmed it was real a few months later, I hope he gets other acting jobs.
There never was a hacker. ABC made him make up something to try and make it seem like he wasn't really out.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 25 2010, 08:22 PM
It's no big loss at all, IMO. He had his moments, but they were few and far between.
I agree. He was alright at times but personally I think he left the role of Cole months ago. He hasn't been "there" for a while now.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I knew once James was brought on, it was only a matter of time before Cole left. I actually like James better. He has more chemistry with Starr.

I wonder what this means for Marty? Speaking of whom, where the hell has she been?!

darraholic
Member Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if Susan Haskell is the next to go.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Funny. I remember the big twitter fiasco way back when about him quitting (didn't realize ABC made up a hacker excuse for it) but when I first clicked on this I thought this was gonna be about his orientation.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

There was a spoiler awhile back about a mother losing her son and going bonkers because of it. Perhaps it was referring to Cole and Marty?

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Susan Haskell just signed a one-year contract. Surely, they had to know Brandon's future at OLTL could have gone either way when this happened.

I think they will keep Marty around, she has barely interacted with Cole.

Even thought it is just internet rumors, maybe they will bring RH back as real Todd and try to do the Two Todds similar to the Roman/John thing on Days. They will use this as an excuse to try to pair SH up with TSJ, without all the rape drama hanging around them. Carlivati clearly wanted them to be together late 2008/early 2009, but dropped it. (Most likely because of Tea's return).
Edited by Eric83, Aug 26 2010, 11:33 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

^I'd be all for that. I was one of the few people that really liked the Todd/Marty storyline.

lili
Member Avatar

I'm over the moon he's gone :cheer: I never believed that cock and bull story WEEKS later about his Twitter being hacked into. I can't stand Cole and BB's acting ...oops BARKING drove me crazy hate how he treated Starr.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply