Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON Reports: Roger Howarth Returns to OLTL
Topic Started: Aug 26 2010, 09:21 PM (7,965 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- It was only a matter of time before speculation began about the the possibility of Roger Howarth returning to his "One Life to Live" roots soon after word broke late last year that CBS' "As The World Turns" would be ending its 54-year run on television. Now nine months later, Soap Opera Network has learned exclusively that Howarth will indeed be returning to the ABC soap in the near future.

"You thought the tease a couple weeks back with Tea proclaiming this isnít Todd as she pointed to a picture of Roger Howarth was not the start of something bigger? Think again," says a setside source.

Speaking of Tea [Delgado], rumors have been running rampant that portrayer Florencia Lozano is out now that her character looks to be on death's door. When pressed for comment, an ABC spokesperson would only say "tune in tomorrow for Tea's fate."

A first airdate for Howarth has not been set, but we've been told to expect him on screen as early as December or January. But what does news of Howarth's return mean for Trevor St. John? It wouldn't be much of a stretch for the actor to have been playing an impostor after all this time as he originally joined the cast in May 2003 in the role of Walker Laurence, only to be revealed to be Todd Manning albeit with plastic surgery in August of that same year. We've been assured, however, that the actor's job is not in any danger.

Earlier this week there was a big deal made out of a "One Life to Live" cast meeting, which took place earlier today at the shows Manhattan studio. Could Howarth's return have been on the agenda at the big meeting? Will he be the real Todd Manning or will "One Life to Live" pull a "General Hospital" and have Howarth return as a new character leaving St. John in the role of Todd ala how "GH" handled the return of Sarah Joy Brown, who originated the role of Carly Corinthos only to find Laura Wright occupying the role? Stay tuned to find out.

"One Life to Live" airs Weekdays on ABC. Anytime on ABC.com."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Is this for real?

Mason

What a terrible, terrible decision....Howarth is SO overrated.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I wondered when I read about the mandatory meeting if they were going to announce Roger was coming back. I'm completely torn here because I do like RH and thought he was a fantastic Todd, but now I feel like TSJ is Todd. I adore him. If they pull some crap like GH did when Jonathan Jackson came back I will be extremely pissed off!!

~bl~
Member Avatar

Crazy crazy. So he would only be on next year.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 26 2010, 09:23 PM
What a terrible, terrible decision....Howarth is SO overrated.
I have to agree. When he played Todd I thought he was really good, but the last few years on ATWT he hasn't impressed me AT ALL. I know some will say the writing wasn't there for his character, but a good actor can overcome that and he certainly didn't. Trevor is much better in my opinion.

sungrey

This is a good decision, IMHO. Not that Trevor St. John isn't good... he is... but ABC would have been nuts not to try and bring Roger back. I'll hold off and see what the actual story is before I comment further, but I'm happy to see Roger wasn't out of work for too long.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Howarth sucks now.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

It was only a matter of time before we saw Howarth back there. The only thing, though, is that I would not want him to play Todd now. TSJ made the role his own.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 26 2010, 09:31 PM
Howarth sucks now.
I have to agree. I used to enjoy him, now not so much. Watching him try to cry on ATWT was painful.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

I really don't understand what the point of this would be. :shrug:

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Aug 26 2010, 09:32 PM
It was only a matter of time before we saw Howarth back there. The only thing, though, is that I would not want him to play Todd now. TSJ made the role his own.
I completely agree. TSJ is Todd.

Mason

NavJLee8785
Aug 26 2010, 09:32 PM
Whether or not he's playing Todd, it's just stupid. First of all, I'm not a fan of bringing old fan favorites back as completely new characters to begin with. But second, we've seen pictures of Todd as played by RH on the show in recent years, so it's doubly stupid.
Edited by Mason, Aug 26 2010, 09:34 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Oh hell yeah!!! Please make TSJ fake Todd ala Roman/John on DAYS. With this news, OLTL isn't going anywhere. :laugh: :laugh:

Drew
Member Avatar

Twin for Todd?

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Eric83
Aug 26 2010, 09:35 PM
Oh hell yeah!!! Please make TSJ fake Todd ala Roman/John on DAYS. With this news, OLTL isn't going anywhere. :laugh: :laugh:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Todd have some kind of DNA test done recently? How could they explain he wasn't the real Todd then?

darraholic
Member Avatar

Crazygirl
Aug 26 2010, 09:37 PM
Eric83
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Todd have some kind of DNA test done recently? How could they explain he wasn't the real Todd then?
Well it's a soap. Everyone has access to the DNA database. LoL

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I never saw RH as Todd so for me TSJ is Todd. I love his version of Todd. A total self-centered ego driven jerk yet, I can't help but watch what he is up to. I could go for the whole TSJ's Todd is a fake as someone said in the Roman/John Black way from Days. But I would like to see it more that the whole time he knew about it and not the goofy memory/brain-washed stuff they did on Days. Got tired of what seemed like every ten months John's history changed.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Crazygirl
Aug 26 2010, 09:37 PM
Eric83
Whatever they come up with wouldn't be the worst thing Carlivati has done. I could care less though, this is the exact kind of shake up OLTL needed. BRING IT ON!!!

lvoltl
Member Avatar

Roger Howarth is back!! :cheer:

I would love to see Roger Howarth be the real Todd and Trever St. John be Walker Laurence. Either way I cannot wait to see Roger and Erika back in scenes together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply