Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blind Items: Major ABC soap star is considering departing her show; Have we seen the last of OLTL's Florencia Lozano?
Topic Started: Aug 28 2010, 05:46 PM (3,228 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Soap Opera Source has learned that a MAJOR ABC soap star is considering departing her show once her contract expires. "She's tired," says a source. "Once her contract is up that's it. There are no plans to re-sign at this time."

In the days of shrinking revenue and budget cuts, this departure could save the show a lot of money, but at the same time, create a large hole in the canvas that would be very noticeable.

How Dead Is Dead?

Think you've seen the last of One Life to Live's Florencia Lozano (Tea)? According to a setside source, the actress was still taping scenes as recently as last week. Is OLTL pulling a switcheroo?

Blind Items

What west coast actress is about to get a pink slip? Sources say the actress' attitude is to blame for her impending exit. "She's obnoxious to work with," says one source.

What show continues to reach out to one of its former stars, even though said he is working on a rival soap? Sources say they continue to try to coax him into returning, but he's made it clear he has no desire of going back. A source close to the actor says, "They should have treated him better when he was there."

http://soapoperasource.com/daytime/news/rumor-and-blind-items-what-abc-star-may-not-re-sign.html
Quote Post Goto Top

Paul8148

Well geez, number 4 is Rick Herst for sure....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Susan Lucci?

Drew
Member Avatar

Lucci, Slezak, Strasser.

I cant think of anyone "major" over on GH thats been there a long time. Do they work Kelly Monaco alot? I could see in their warped priorities her leaving fucking them over.

hellencatherine

Well this could be La Lucci, Kelly Monaco or Marty from One Life To Live
Rick Hearst from GH

sungrey

I think it's Strasser, but I'm just guessing.

Mason

I don't think it's Strasser. Last year, she was really passionate about staying on the show, saying they'd have to carry her off the set or something like that. I don't think that kind of attitude would change so drastically in just one year.

My bet is on Lucci or Slezak.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Slezak leaving would be a wet dream for Frons.
Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar

Wow. That's a little surprising. Maybe it's Lucci, she did pretty good in Primtetime.

lilacwine
Member Avatar

The fall is supposed to have a MAJOR story for Slezak, Strasser and Zimmer so I'm thinking no to that.

I think Lucci would have bailed during the move, if it was her.

Mason

lilacwine
Aug 29 2010, 03:35 PM
She might be missing New York now and wanting to get back, though....
Edited by Mason, Aug 29 2010, 03:37 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 29 2010, 03:37 PM
lilacwine
Aug 29 2010, 03:35 PM
She might be missing New York now and wanting to get back, though....
She was pretty close to quitting when she moved to LA. Who knows? IMO the show would suck without Lucci.

Casey
Member Avatar

Android
Aug 28 2010, 05:46 PM
In the days of shrinking revenue and budget cuts, this departure could save the show a lot of money, but at the same time, create a large hole in the canvas that would be very noticeable.

Lucci's the highest paid actress in Daytime..

darraholic
Member Avatar

If it's Lucci then AMC won't be far behind. I can't see them lasting without her.

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Aug 29 2010, 04:14 PM
If it's Lucci then AMC won't be far behind. I can't see them lasting without her.
The sad thing is the show easily could if they centered the show on the right people and brought back someone like Taylor Miller (Nina Warner) to fill the void.
Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

I still think it's Hillary B. Smith who's contract is up in December... although I don't know if she is considered "major" :shrug:

VetsRock
Member Avatar

♥ Tammy ♥
Aug 29 2010, 04:40 PM
I still think it's Hillary B. Smith who's contract is up in December... although I don't know if she is considered "major" :shrug:
Please Soap Gods Don't Let It Be Smith or Slezak, Strasser,They Are The Best and Are OLTL

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

AMC would be fine without Lucci, the show has been balanced and cohesive lately. I really don't see what would be the big deal about her leaving, other than the fact that she is Susan Lucci, and has been there since Day One. Quality wise, AMC wouldn't suffer at all.

Casey
Member Avatar

Lucci is AMC's star. I don't think they'll do as well without her. I only watch for Erica and her family. Lucci is the heart of AMC, she's been there since Day one. We'll at least IMO.
Edited by Casey, Aug 29 2010, 07:09 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

SL didn't move out to LA did she? I thought I remembered reading something about she tapes a few days a week and then goes home to NYC for the rest of the time. IF that's so, that has to be hard on a person period. If the blind item is about her, I could understand her being so tired.

One more question, are all of the blind items about just ABC soaps? I wasn't for sure about that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply