Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards; Live Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Aug 29 2010, 02:45 PM (7,696 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards air tonight (9/29) at 8PM/ET on NBC.

Red carpet coverage begins at 5PM/ET on the TV Guide Network and E!

Click below for the list of nominations.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

From Perez:
Quote:

Sources reveal that tonight's Emmy's will start off with a huge opening number with all your favorite TV stars!

First, host Jimmy Fallon will come out on stage, performing Born to Run on mic and guitar, joined by American Idol's Randy Jackson on bass.

Their performance will be followed by an AMAZING dance number, choreographed by Pussycat Doll creator Robin Antin.

And who will the dancers be??

Mad Men's Jon Hamm, 30 Rock's Tina Fey, Community/Talk Soup's Joel McHale, and Glee's Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch!

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm rooting for Dexter, Glee, Michael C. Hall, Toni Collette, Jane Lynch, and Chris Colfer!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 29 2010, 03:08 PM
I'm rooting for Dexter, Glee, Michael C. Hall, Toni Collette, Jane Lynch, and Chris Colfer!
I would be happy with any of those people winning.

I'd also be happy to see Lea Michele win (I want her diva fire to be fueled even more with an Emmy win)... Nurse Jackie... True Blood... Top Chef or Project Runway... and of course Conan O'Brien.

Ellie

Some intereting pre-Emmy reading on how the votes are counted/handled (kind of overkill if you ask me...)

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/08/28/emmy-awards-2010-the-man-behind-all-the-votes/

Mason
Member Avatar

Watching the E! Emmy pre-show right now....why does Guy Branum have to ruin everything?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Guy Branum sucks ass. He's not nearly as funny as he thinks he is.

Mason
Member Avatar

Someone needs to inform Leighton Meester that white is not a good color for her. I feel like every time I see her at an awards show, she's always wearing it, and it never looks good!

Then again, I don't know why the cast of Gossip Girl is even at the Emmys, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

TV Guide Fashion Cam

Is Carrie Preston wearing her Arlene hair tonight? LoL

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't know who this bitch is that's interviewing people, but she's annoying as fuck!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ryan Seacrest and Guiliana Rancic will be taking over in a few minutes.

I wonder who's hosting for the TV Guide Network? Probably Lisa Rinna. :shame:

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 29 2010, 04:58 PM
I wonder who's hosting for the TV Guide Network? Probably Lisa Rinna. :shame:
Well, if she's not hosting this year, we'll probably be seeing her in the background holding a sign saying "Honk if you love Lisa Rinna and want her to host next year's pre-show!".

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jane Lynch looks great but I can see her shoulder strap tan lines, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

Hey gang! I'm off to The Emmys on NBC! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 2 minutes ago
http://twitter.com/ConanOBrien

I hope he wins!

Mason
Member Avatar

If Conan wins tonight, they better immediately cut to Jay Leno's face.

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Kenny
Aug 29 2010, 04:49 PM
Well, that's her real hair now. It was a wig the first two seasons but she decided to dye her hair this season.

Kenny
Member Avatar

BC2.0
Aug 29 2010, 05:05 PM
Kenny
Well, that's her real hair now. It was a wig the first two seasons but she decided to dye her hair this season.
Ooh, okay.

I thought the wig looked better, LoL. Arlene's hair has looked like shit this season.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I'm skipping the red carpet stuff and just watching Fashion Police w/ Joan Rivers tomorrow. Definitely pulling for Dexter, Glee and Modern Family to pick up lots of wins. I love True Blood but Dexter deserves to win the Best Drama award this year.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Kenny
Aug 29 2010, 05:06 PM
BC2.0
Aug 29 2010, 05:05 PM
Kenny
Ooh, okay.

I thought the wig looked better, LoL. Arlene's hair has looked like shit this season.
LOL, her hair looks awful during the episodes but for some reason it looks better when she's on the red carpet. I noticed the difference during the True Blood premiere special.

They mentioned on the commentary to season 1 that the wig she used was the same that Gwyneth Paltrow used for the first Iron Man film.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mateo
Aug 29 2010, 05:06 PM
I love True Blood but Dexter deserves to win the Best Drama award this year.
Unfortunately, I don't think Dexter or True Blood will win Best Drama Series this year.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply