Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Bay "Confessions" Part 5 is up; featuring Kristos Adrews (Pete Garrett)
Topic Started: Sep 8 2010, 09:39 AM (1,298 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

THE BAY has posted the next Confessions video. This one features Kristos Andrews who plays Pete Garrett. Pete is Sara Garrett's (Mary Beth Evans) youngest child. Check out the video here:

http://blip.tv/file/4095864

For more information about the cast or series, check out http://www.thebaytheseries.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

How many Confessions will be posted? Thanks for the update, by the way. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

There will be six total "Confessions" videos, so there is one more to go. I'm pretty sure the last one will be back to Sara to talk about her relationship with Marly and what happened with Pete. I'm guessing that it will be posted the morning of September 15th, with the premier episode of the THE BAY being posted that evening.

I honestly can't believe how excited I am about a web series.

Deleted User
Deleted User

That guy that plays Pete is definitely a little green, but he's a newcomer so I'll give him some time to grow. I'm pessimistic about this "drugs' story. US soaps always do such a shitty job at these types of stories. It's always either weed, which is practically harmless, or painkillers, which is lame. We'll see.
Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

I understand the pessimism about the potential drug story, but I think the better part of the story might be the fact that this new girlfriend is Janice Ramos' daughter and Sara and Janice HATE each other. I have a hunch that it is going to be less about the drugs and more about the conflict between the two families and each side blaming the other for whatever trouble the kids are getting into. And that's pretty classic soap. But, that's just my speculation.

And I agree that Kristos is a little raw, but he's cute so we'll see if he can grow into the role. I also like that this is the first hint that Lee Nelson (still uncasted and offscreen) is not Mr. Perfect. Maybe it's just Pete's perceptions, but I like the hint of conflict between Pete and Lee and that, perhaps, Lee wasn't the perfect father figure and if/when Lee does reappear, at least one person isn't going to be thrilled to see him.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I see potential in him as well. I'll admit, I was kind of pissed off when the video ended because I was really getting into it as Pete was getting jittery and nervous. It helps that the theme is kind of haunting in a way. The theme resembles EastEnders and Emmerdale in that, the beginning has a perfect cliffhanger beat and then seamlessly goes into the full theme.

September 15 can't come soon enough.
Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

I think they did a good job with the theme music as well. It definitely brings a suspenseful and haunting vibe to everything. I agree that September 15th can't come soon enough.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

This stuff looks pretty good. I will deffinetley tune in to watch it.

Silversprings
Member Avatar

I found this episode of The Confessions interesting because I had not really heard much about the character of Pete, it looks like he has lots of stuff bubbling under the surface, as does all the other characters featured in these confessions episodes.

I like how the main characters relationships with the other characters on the show have been outlined so that when the show starts airing the viewer will have a handle on all the undercurrents going on between the characters, pretty clever if you ask me.

The thing I like most about these episodes is the "look" to them, I like how they have been made to look like home movies & they just look so crisp and sharp.

And the Blip tv site is much better for viewing the episodes than youtube, when I click on the full screen button on the Blip tv viewer, the image is crystal clear and huge on my laptop, great stuff, because nothing annoys me more than watching crap quality clips.

Looking forward to the next confessions episode, Mary Beth yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Whoever does end up playing Lee, I hope it isn't anyone from Days of our Lives or General Hospital. Someone from CBS, please.
Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Well, I know there are a lot of folks that are hoping that Stephen Nichols will eventually play Lee Nelson. Since he's currently on Y&R, I guess that would be a CBS person, right? ;)

A part of me really would love to see SN play Lee because I love the chemistry between SN and MBE and I think it would be fun to see them play this very different relationship. I know there are people will say they tried that at GH and it didn't work, but I think it didn't work because the writers couldn't decide if it should be a Stefan/Katherine story or a redux of the Steve/Kayla story. The writers never picked a through-line and stuck with it. In this case, there is already this huge history for Lee and Sara, so I don't think that would be the same problem.

The other part of me thinks that Mary Beth is really getting a chance to step into something that is separate from the SN/MBE norm and it would be interesting to see her play the role opposite a different actor. I'd still love for Stephen to join the project, but maybe in a different role. I don't know, I admit that I'm a bit torn about the subject.

But, regardless, I have faith that they will cast a good actor in the role and it will be interesting to see who that finally is.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Please, no Stephen as Lee and if he is ever cast, he should never be allowed to be romantically linked to Sara, ever, even as a joke or for a blink and you miss it hook up. Just no, no, no. Someone new, someone she has NEVER worked with before. It needs to be fresh and exciting, without comparisons. I am very adamant about this. If THE BAY gives into fanbases this early, they might as well stop before they start.

I'd feel the same way for any of the actors on the canvas. If Missy Reeves ever came on, I would not want her with Matt Ashford in anyway. Just no thank you. Finola Hughes, STAY AWAY FROM TRISTAN ROGERS, YOU GOT THAT!

Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Amello
Sep 9 2010, 11:40 AM
Please, no Stephen as Lee and if he is ever cast, he should never be allowed to be romantically linked to Sara, ever, even as a joke or for a blink and you miss it hook up. Just no, no, no. Someone new, someone she has NEVER worked with before. It needs to be fresh and exciting, without comparisons. I am very adamant about this. If THE BAY gives into fanbases this early, they might as well stop before they start.

I'd feel the same way for any of the actors on the canvas. If Missy Reeves ever came on, I would not want her with Matt Ashford in anyway. Just no thank you. Finola Hughes, STAY AWAY FROM TRISTAN ROGERS, YOU GOT THAT!

Fair enough, and I don't totally disagree. As I said, I'm torn. I will say that I don't think it would be a matter of giving into fanbases though. I think it would be more a matter of trying to capitalize on already existing fans and interest. Not that it would necessarily be a good choice long term, though.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Amello
Sep 9 2010, 10:36 AM
Someone from CBS, please.
Anyone in mind?

Deleted User
Deleted User

granolagirl
Sep 9 2010, 07:38 PM
Amello
Sep 9 2010, 10:36 AM
Someone from CBS, please.
Anyone in mind?
Not really. I only said CBS because everyone is mostly from Days or GH, LoL For some reason, Jon Hensley comes to mind, I don't know why.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Do we know how long the actual episodes will be? I really hope they aren't the 4-6 minutes like the others. Hate those. I'd be fine with 10 minutes. 15 would be great..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Silversprings
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 10 2010, 12:38 AM
Do we know how long the actual episodes will be? I really hope they aren't the 4-6 minutes like the others. Hate those. I'd be fine with 10 minutes. 15 would be great..
I'm sure I read somewhere that the episodes will be about 8 mins long.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Meh. I wish it were a few minutes longer. It's hard to get invested into a show if it's only a few minutes. I'll give it a try since it looks really good.

esp13
Member Avatar

I think Gregori has said that each episode will be 5-8 minutes. He has said that each single episode will be like one act in a 30 minute show. So each 3 episodes is the equivalent of one 30 minute episode (i.e. like B&B or something). So, instead of a 3 minute commercial break in between acts, we have to wait a week. ;)

I'd love to see longer episodes and I'm sure Gregori and the cast would like that as well. But that takes money that a start-up just doesn't have yet.

darraholic
Member Avatar

esp13
Sep 10 2010, 09:04 AM
I think Gregori has said that each episode will be 5-8 minutes. He has said that each single episode will be like one act in a 30 minute show. So each 3 episodes is the equivalent of one 30 minute episode (i.e. like B&B or something). So, instead of a 3 minute commercial break in between acts, we have to wait a week. ;)

I'd love to see longer episodes and I'm sure Gregori and the cast would like that as well. But that takes money that a start-up just doesn't have yet.
It's a shame more sponsers don't step up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Web Soaps Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply