Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Brady Buries Vivian Alive!; Sept. 21st issue
Topic Started: Sep 9 2010, 09:40 AM (4,625 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

This week SOD and SOW both had articles about Brady burying Vivian alive.

SOW
Vivian’s plan to entomb Maggie backfires this week, when Brady forces her into Isabella’s empty sarcophagus after discovering her plot. Says Eric Martsolf, “Brady’s mother’s memory is probably the last sacred thing he has in his life. He holds that very dear. The fact that Vivian comes in, screws around with Isabella’s remains, and plans to put his sponsor Maggie, in the coffin, bury her alive, and torture her…combine that with Nicole’s manipulations and lies, and it’s a recipe for disaster. The man is broken, and we learn he’s capable of doing anything. So Brady ends up giving Vivian a taste of her own medicine.”
Martsolf says that this new version of aggressive Brady caught him off guard. He didn’t get a lot of notice that it was coming. “But, honestly, it didn’t require a heck of a lot of thought or preparation on my behalf. I’ve been ready for this. I’d been playing the good guy for so long that it was just natural, as an actor, to want to go the other way.”
Brady is mostly angered to find out that Vivian buried Isabella’s remains in a pet cemetery. He realizes that Isabella is so insignificant to Vivian that she just threw her into a pet cemetery to make room for Maggie. “It’s a despicable act. Ridiculously ludicrous,” say Martsolf. Brady is already drunk and angry, so this just makes it easier for him to do the unimaginable and bury Vivian alive.
Martsolf says that this story will be great for the critics who complain about the show being slow-paced. All of these revelations come out one after another. “Fast-moving revelations require fast-moving craziness.”
At first, Vivian thinks Brady is just playing a joke on her, but later realizes that he’s not. She tries to convince Brady to let her out, but it does no good. Vivian will be in the sarcophagus for a storyline arc, not just one episode.
Martsolf says that he Louise Sorel shared a lot of laughs during the scenes leading up to Brady trapping Vivian. He and Louise had to make an effort to play the scenes straight because “It was very hard not to play the comedy, because it’s very funny.” However, things changed once the sarcophagus lid closed. Their dialogue from that point on was mostly taped separately. According to Martsolf, it’s difficult, as an actor, to not see the face you’re talking to. Brady communicates with Vivian through a camera. “I throw drinks in Vivian’s face [via] the camera lens. We play a lot with Plexiglass and breakaways and all kinds of interesting things.” Martsolf says that now Louise wouldn’t be fazed by a dozen MRIs after being in the coffin for many, many weeks.
Does the normally Dudley Do-Right Brady have second thoughts about what he’s done? Martsolf believes that right now Brady doesn’t have a sense of rationality. He generally works from logic and reason, but this character turn has Brady only seeing fire. “Now he’s a flaming gun. Nothing seems to make sense to him, so his actions are reflective of that.

SOD
Brady discovers Vivian’s plan for Maggie when he comes across the empty sarcophagus. Says Martsolf, “This is probably one of the worst things for a child who lost his mother – to see this bitch of a grandmother basically ripping apart his mother’s remains, desecrating her grave, in order to torture one of the most beloved women in his life, Maggie.”
Vivian knocks Brady out with a vase while he is distracted. When he wakes up, he demands to know what she’s done with his mother. Then he spies a receipt and realizes that she has moved to Isabella to a pet cemetery. This unglues him. Martsolf says that everything is wrong about this situation, including his state. Alcohol mixed with these acts of contempt is bound to bring fireworks. Brady ends up giving Vivian a taste of her own medicine and puts her in the sarcophagus. Brady is surprising comfortable with this adrenalized act, according to Martsolf. “And he doesn’t take her out right away. It’s not just an arc; it’s a season of sarcophagus activity.
Martsolf says that this story twist gave him a sense of déjà vu. “When I first read it, I was like, ‘Oh, it’s PASSIONS all over again. They’re getting nutty and campy.” He and Louise Sorel decided to play the reality of it and play it straight. He wants to show that someone could possibly go completely beserk and do this to someone else.
Martsolf is enjoying this new turn of events. “It’s Brady’s secret, and it’s very cool.” Brady sneaks in to talk to Vivian and taunt and tease her. Martsolf says that he’s completely embracing his character doing all of the atypical things. “I have played Dudley Do-Right for the majority of my soap career, between Ethan [on PASSIONS] and Brady. I’m very happy that they decided to take Brady to a dark place. The mausoleum is the hippest place in Salem right now!”

Thanks to Forbidden Love
Edited by lysie, Sep 9 2010, 09:41 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

OH BRING IT,this is going to be good.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

This is going to be so FUN!!!!!!

lastDays
Member Avatar

I like that Brady is n longer the listening ear for everyones problems.Good to see hes got an edge.makes him more appealing

lysie
Member Avatar

Did anyone notice that over the course of the two articles, Vivian went from being in the sarcophagus not for an episode, but for an arc, to being in the sarcophagus not for an arc, but for a season? He worded it the same way in both interviews. It made me giggle.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Can't wait! Eric is going to rock these scenes out!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 9 2010, 09:56 AM
Did anyone notice that over the course of the two articles, Vivian went from being in the sarcophagus not for an episode, but for an arc, to being in the sarcophagus not for an arc, but for a season? He worded it the same way in both interviews. It made me giggle.
Oh, admit it lysie, the thought of angry Brady is what made you giggle.

Angry Brady with Angry Arms........

Okay, I giggled a little too.... :P

dylan76
Member Avatar

Angry Brady is so hot! Let's hope he keeps the scruff.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Vivian will be in the sarcophagus for a storyline arc, not just one episode. <-- :roflol: I laughed so hard I tinkled....lol

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Very much looking forward to this. I wonder how long she is in there though? I wouldn't think until sweeps, but then again it is Days.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

LMFAO! Wow....talk about interest in a storyline turning...just a few minutes ago I could have cared less about this storyline, now though, I want to see it play out. I can totally see Brady flipping out when he finds out his mom's remains were transferred to a pet cemetary by Viv....hee hee...and it looks from the fall spoilers like at one point Brady is going to tell Nicole and they will bond over his secret and what he's done to Vivian...that is going to be fun. I am now looking forward to it....they better play this right and not screw it up....sounds awesome though!

supermanfan85
Member Avatar

I like seeing this Dark Brady... very interesting :popcorn:

I wonder if Crystal gave Louise any advice about being tucked away :lol:

Now i think this is when Isabella comes to Brady in a dream... i feel that may set him straight? Just wish the show would acknowledge Carly and Bo being Brady's godparents. They both knew Isabella very well and i think they could help Brady be closer to his mother and help him through this period in his life...

Helpless Romantic

Ally
Sep 9 2010, 09:59 AM
Can't wait! Eric is going to rock these scenes out!
Definately! Am so excited!!!! :smile:

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
Sep 9 2010, 10:05 AM
lysie
Sep 9 2010, 09:56 AM
Oh, admit it lysie, the thought of angry Brady is what made you giggle.

Angry Brady with Angry Arms........

Okay, I giggled a little too.... :P
Giggle. Salivate. Contemplate the beauty of a BRYSIE banner...

dc cubs
Member Avatar

somersetfan
Sep 9 2010, 11:05 AM
Very much looking forward to this. I wonder how long she is in there though? I wouldn't think until sweeps, but then again it is Days.
I was at the Days Boston on August 21st. During the Q&A Molly Burnett said she was filming something that next Monday that would air on November 1st. Also, Sorel said during the Q&A that Vivian was in a place she wishes she could get out of so I'm guessing this story goes into November sweeps. Sorel told me directly at the fan event that the story lasts for quite awhile.

Nicole Walker

I am lovin bad azz Brady. So sexy!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

The fact that Vivian comes in, screws around with Isabella’s remains, and plans to put his sponsor Maggie, in the coffin, bury her alive, and torture her…combine that with Nicole’s manipulations and lies, and it’s a recipe for disaster. The man is broken, and we learn he’s capable of doing anything. So Brady ends up giving Vivian a taste of her own medicine.”

Keep trying to sell it, darlin'. Though I like AngryDarkHotBrady, I'm still not 100% clear on how we got here.

Quote:

Martsolf says that this new version of aggressive Brady caught him off guard. He didn’t get a lot of notice that it was coming.

Hee! Us too.

Quote:

Brady is mostly angered to find out that Vivian buried Isabella’s remains in a pet cemetery. He realizes that Isabella is so insignificant to Vivian that she just threw her into a pet cemetery to make room for Maggie. “It’s a despicable act. Ridiculously ludicrous,” say Martsolf.

I'd say "ridiculously ludicrous" sums it up. Not that I'm not looking forward to it, because I love EM and Louise and them working together is pretty squee-worthy for me.

Quote:

Martsolf says that this story will be great for the critics who complain about the show being fast-paced. All of these revelations come out one after another. “Fast-moving revelations require fast-moving craziness.”

Eric is quite the quote machine--they need to interview him more often. But . . . is this a typo? Why would even faster revelations pacify fans who complain the show is fast-paced?

Quote:

At first, Vivian thinks Brady is just playing a joke on her, but later realizes that he’s not. She tries to convince Brady to let her out, but it does no good. Vivian will be in the sarcophagus for a storyline arc, not just one episode.

Vivian's a lot tougher cookie than I am. I would never think being put in a sarcophagus for any length of time was a joke.

Quote:

Martsolf says that he Louise Sorel shared a lot of laughs during the scenes leading up to Brady trapping Vivian. He and Louise had to make an effort to play the scenes straight because “It was very hard not to play the comedy, because it’s very funny.”

Love those two and I bet they did have fun.

Quote:

However, things changed once the sarcophagus lid closed. Their dialogue from that point on was mostly taped separately. According to Martsolf, it’s difficult, as an actor, to not see the face you’re talking to. Brady communicates with Vivian through a camera. “I throw drinks in Vivian’s face [via] the camera lens. We play a lot with Plexiglass and breakaways and all kinds of interesting things.” Martsolf says that now Louise wouldn’t be fazed by a dozen MRIs after being in the coffin for many, many weeks.

I hope I'm not disappointed in this story, though I guess watching Days in general is the triumph of hope over experience. Too funny about Louise and the MRIs. My husband loves MRIs and CT scans and finds them very relaxing, which I think is INSANE. I guess we need to get him an in-home MRI tube.

Quote:

Martsolf believes that right now Brady doesn’t have a sense of rationality. He generally works from logic and reason, but this character turn has Brady only seeing fire. “Now he’s a flaming gun. Nothing seems to make sense to him, so his actions are reflective of that.

Uh-oh, lol. Is this code for, "this story makes no fucking sense so don't expect it to?"

Quote:

SOD
Vivian knocks Brady out with a vase while he is distracted. When he wakes up, he demands to know what she’s done with his mother. Then he spies a receipt and realizes that she has moved to Isabella to a pet cemetery.

Okay, I can see the potential for comedy here. Vase? Receipt for a pet cemetery?

Quote:

Brady is surprising comfortable with this adrenalized act, according to Martsolf. “And he doesn’t take her out right away. It’s not just an arc; it’s a season of sarcophagus activity.

I would be in favor of renaming this forum "a season of sarcophagus activity."

Quote:

"The mausoleum is the hippest place in Salem right now!”

Or we could rename it, "The hippest masoleum in Salem!"

Thanks for posting!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'm so glad they are giving EM some great stuff to play...I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does with it. :D

Thanks for posting!

six
Member Avatar

This sounds like a fun story, and I'm not surprised it's Brady after someone (PR?) predicted that awhile back, but I'm still disappointed that Vivian's plan falls apart. In the end, no one is really going to care that Vivian was buried alive, as opposed to the insane plan Vivian had to get Maggie so drunk she lost her mind, then dump her back on the streets, which would have affected a lot more people.

I'm all for Brady getting a story though. They don't use him nearly often enough, and LS will probably do great things with this material.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

I'm REALLY looking forward to Brady sticking that nutcase in the sarcophous. <sp> I want Vivian to see what it's like and what Carly went through years ago.
I'm not crazy about Carly but back then she wasn't that bad. GO BRADY!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply