Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOW: Rafe at a Glance; Sept. 21st issue
Topic Started: Sep 9 2010, 09:43 AM (7,274 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

This week Rafe’s investigation zeroes in on Will.
Galen Gering believes that Rafe’s relationship can handle this particular lie (Sami hiding that she shot E.J.). Rafe knows that Sami loves him and that she is trying to do the best she can. Sometimes her choices are rational, and sometimes they’re not. Gering believes that Rafe will understand why she’s lying in this high stake situation. Rafe doesn’t suspect Sami at all. He believes she was with him all night, so the only person left with a motive is Will. Will begins acting strangely, like he’s hiding something, after Sami tells him that she shot E.J, so this makes Rafe even more suspicious.
Gering enjoys working with Chandler Massey (Will) and says that Massey has an interesting energy and that he’s really good in high-stakes situations. Gering says that he’s high-strung and has a little bit of the victim in him. Gering says, “When I have to question him as Rafe, it’s really easy to put him on the spot, put him on the defensive. And it’s fun to mess with him a little bit.”
Rafe doesn’t get anywhere with Will or Sami, but he’s not trying to turn them in. He just wants information so he can help them. He knows that Stefano will take care of someone with or without proof, so they’re going to be in trouble if Stefano thinks Will shot E.J. Rafe isn’t just concerned about the justice system, he’s also concerned about this family that can do nasty, horrible things. Rafe can’t help them if he doesn’t know the truth, but Sami feels she has put Rafe in enough bad situation, so she doesn’t want to drag him into this, too.
While Rafe is investigating, Sami is having to make decisions about E.J.’s life support. “That’s another twist that made this story even more complicated,” says Gering. Rafe is, in a sense, rooting for E.J. to live so that if the person who shot him is someone Sami knows and cares about, they won’t be charged with murder.
Gering also offers his opinion on the sinking ratings. He says the whole cast is aware that the ratings have been dropping. There is a little concern, but everyone agrees that she can be better and was better. “If it’s not good, people are going to turn the channel, so let’s make it good. We’ve got great actors, great writers and people who are ready to do it. So let’s do it.” He is confident that the show can turn around in the fall, noting that historically this is the time the ratings are usually low because of preemptions, and he believes downloads also play a part in the lower ratings. Gering knows that the-powers-that-be are doing what they can to make the show the best it can be, and he says they have to focus on the idea that the show will turn around.

Thanks to Forbidden Love
Online Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Glad he is aware that the ratings are sinking, this show needs improvement.

As far as him trying to do anything to save sami, not a surprise there he clings to her every need.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Sami needs to learn how to save herself.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Why is it everytime someone at Days is questioned about the ratings the response is, "well, it's usually low during this time? HUH?? It's fall, it's when ratings go UP!! I think they've just run out of excuses as to why their lame a$$ show is tanking in the ratings. I'd love it if someone would just come out and say, "You know, we've got some pretty $hitty writers over here, so I'm pretty sure that's why our ratings are tanking." (JS, I'm looking at YOU!! ;) )

P.S. Galen, if you want to help out with the sucky ratings, some emoting on your part might be helpful. Oh, and maybe add another facial expression to your repertoire.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Great interview, Galen. He sounds like such an awesome, fun guy.
Glad to know they are aware the ratings are in the shit hole and I look forward to what they will do next to improve everything!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
Sep 9 2010, 09:54 AM
Why is it everytime someone at Days is questioned about the ratings the response is, "well, it's usually low during this time? HUH?? It's fall, it's when ratings go UP!!
I thought the same thing, but I think he's talking about the summer ratings.
Online Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Oh that Galen...he's such a kidder.

Quote:

Gering says, “When I have to question him as Rafe, it’s really easy to put him on the spot, put him on the defensive. And it’s fun to mess with him a little bit.”

As opposed to when he has to question him as Galen? I can see where that might make it a bit more difficult...since no one is feeding Galen the lines to say. :laugh:

Thanks for posting!
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 9 2010, 09:55 AM
Glad to know they are aware the ratings are in the shit hole and I look forward to what they will do next to improve everything!
I agree. Glad to hear he is putting a positive spin on the show, the writers, and actors, unlike JS who didn't really have anything positive to say about anything or anyone on the show in his last interview.

When we talked with him in Niles this summer, he also said that everyone was aware that the ratings were not good, but that they were positive with the end of summer and upcoming storylines, that things would improve, so I am pretty sure he is talking about this summer's ratings. This is only the start of the 2nd week of September. I think we will need to give the ratings a few weeks to improve.

Great and smart interview, Galen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

loved the interview but disliked him pimping the staff, can I do the next interview. I promise I will keep professional distance... ;)
Online Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

magicsteacher
Sep 9 2010, 10:12 AM
Alligato
I agree. Glad to hear he is putting a positive spin on the show, the writers, and actors, unlike JS who didn't really have anything positive to say about anything or anyone on the show in his last interview.

When we talked with him in Niles this summer, he also said that everyone was aware that the ratings were not good, but that they were positive with the end of summer and upcoming storylines, that things would improve, so I am pretty sure he is talking about this summer's ratings. This is only the start of the 2nd week of September. I think we will need to give the ratings a few weeks to improve.

ICAM! :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

Alligato
He is certainly an awesome and fun guy at events so I'm sure he is when he's being interviewed too. He has a great personality! :wub:

Love the parts about the ratings--I know that he knows that We know what brought the ratings down-and it gives him great pleasure to be part of what brings them back up!! :wave:

Things are really looking up for the show right now! :cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I actually like the fact that Will and Sami are working to keep the secret together and away from Rafe. I somehow feel though that if Rafe keeps zeroing in on Will as a suspect that is what will make Sami react and confess to him, not something she was planning on doing but something that she HAS to do to get the heat off Will.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

magicsteacher
Sep 9 2010, 10:12 AM
Alligato

That is Galen behaving like a professional.

I can see him and Chandler having some fun in those scenes. Chandler is so good at doing sarcasm. I wonder how much leeway they give them in those situations.

Galen seems like a fun guy, relaxed guy, and not someone at all hung up on himself or his role on the show. He made it a group effort, didn't point fingers.

That's our Galen.
Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

HAS I love your banner and both your comments under it!

I triple love that this pretty much blows the story that some JS fans want to believe that Rafe is responsible for all this. I have heard things from him drugging Sami :roflol: to Rafe did it and Sami only THINKS she did it :roflol: . And yesterday the big thing was the Rafe is going to try to get Sami to pull the plug when Galen clearly said Rafe doesn't want Ej to die! :whee:

It's clarified now (and we DO LOVE Clarification.!!) that Rafe is there Sami--he is going to do the best he can for his new "family" and he has still got his HERO status!

I can't wait for Lucas to come back and go against Superhero Rafe---THAT will be one fun triagle...and go LUMI!
Edited by Vicky4Mimi, Sep 9 2010, 12:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicole Walker

LOL. Looks like Rafe might talk Sami out of pulling the plug.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

Nicole Dimera
Sep 9 2010, 11:57 AM
LOL. Looks like Rafe might talk Sami out of pulling the plug.
I KNOW--I LOVE IT!! :cheers:
Offline Profile Goto Top

shytstarter
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 9 2010, 09:58 AM
JANALH
Why is it everytime someone at Days is questioned about the ratings the response is, "well, it's usually low during this time? HUH?? It's fall, it's when ratings go UP!!
I thought the same thing, but I think he's talking about the summer ratings.
Are we even into fall ratings yet? The last ratings posted were for the week of 8/23-8/27th. The ratings coming out this week only cover about 3 days that can be considered fall (August 30th - Sept 3) and I don't even know if that qualifies as Fall ratings as I have been under the impression that the new season starts after Labor Day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I don't think the new fall season has started. As of the last ratings posted, the season we're currently in began on September 21, 2009. So I'd expect the Fall 2010 season to start around September 20.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Sep 9 2010, 10:23 AM
loved the interview but disliked him pimping the staff, can I do the next interview. I promise I will keep professional distance... ;)
I didn't see it as Galen pimping the staff as much as him being positive about them and the show. That's what an actor is supposed to do when they are part of that show-- support it and show positive direction, not say negative things about the writing, other actors, or the director.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

JANALH
Why is it everytime someone at Days is questioned about the ratings the response is, "well, it's usually low during this time? HUH?? It's fall, it's when ratings go UP!! I think they've just run out of excuses as to why their lame a$$ show is tanking in the ratings. I'd love it if someone would just come out and say, "You know, we've got some pretty $hitty writers over here, so I'm pretty sure that's why our ratings are tanking." (JS, I'm looking at YOU!! ;) )

P.S. Galen, if you want to help out with the sucky ratings, some emoting on your part might be helpful. Oh, and maybe add another facial expression to your repertoire.
Yes Galen, try saying even what Ken Coraday has said, we are well aware that Ejami are the reason for the low ratings. Come out and say it. As long as Ej and Sami continue to interact, the rating will sink and we already know there aren't enough life boats to handle the load. :mutley: s
Edited by LucasHortonFan, Sep 9 2010, 03:44 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic