Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Repeat Episodes To Air After ATWT Cancellation
Topic Started: Sep 12 2010, 06:11 PM (970 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Given the upcoming cancellation of As the World Turns, next Friday September 17, CBS has just announced that the network will air some past episodes of The Young and the Restless, that are relevant to the current storylines, during the As the World Turns timeslot for the week of October 11, leading up to the October 18 premiere of the new CBS talk show, “The Talk,” which will take the place of the Oakdale soap opera. Episodes to air will go as follows…

On Monday October 11 we’ll see the 36th Anniversary episode from March 26, 2009. On Tuesday October 12 Billy and Chloe’s wedding from April 3, 2009 will air. On Wednesday October 13 we’ll see the New Year’s Eve episode from December 31, 2009. On Thursday October 14 we’ll look back on Michael and Lauren’s Wedding from December 9, 2005. And last but not least, on Friday October 15 we’ll revisit the Merry-Go-Round / House of Mirrors episode from May 4, 2010.

Rest assured all normal Genoa City episodes will still air during their regular time slot.

http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ws-soapscene&tid=30090
Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

These have nothing to do with anything current. Shame they arent breaking out the real classics.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

I know. I was hoping for like episodes from the 70's or 80's. It would have great to have classic ATWT episodes shown till the talk show debut. I wonder what kind of ratings would have came in.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Why Young & The Restless episodes? Why not some really old classic old episodes of ATWT for viewers to say goodbye too..

BradyB

Exactly what I thought Casey. Give us some classic episodes of the beginning years or those wonderful episodes that Douglas Marland penned.

I did notice looking thru my guide on Directv that next week they are gonna be showing Price as Right in ATWT timeslot. WTF

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

On the week of October 11th, fans of Y&R can tune in to see repeat episodes in ATWT's timeslot, a week before CBS' new show, "The Talk," hits airwaves on October 17. Here is a list of what episodes will be airing when:

Monday October 11 the Y&R 36th Anniversary episode from March 26, 2009 will air.

Tuesday October 12, Billy and Chloe’s wedding from April 3, 2009 can be seen.

Wednesday October 13 the timeslot will feature the Y&R New Year’s Eve episode from December 31, 2009.

Thursday October 14 by Michael and Lauren’s Wedding episode from December 9, 2005.

Friday October 15 CBS will air the Merry-Go-Round / House of Mirrors episode from May 4, 2010.

CBS chose these episodes that fit with relevance of storyline...however, in my personal opinion, I would have preferred to see REAL classic episodes. They could have dug into the vault and shown episodes with Phillip and Jill, since the Cane story will be getting underway. I guess they do not want to show anything Brenda Dickson-esque.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Navell.

I'm with you. I would love to see some really classic Y&R episodes. Most people have forgotten the show pre-Abbott's and Newmans. In the beginning the Brooks family and the Fosters were the main families featured.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Why is the Michael and Lauren wedding so popular? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll always enjoy a pre-2006 episode of Y&R, but this one is starting to get played out, for real.

Drew
Member Avatar

Because the CBS licence for ATWT ends on 9/17.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

Um I'm sorry there are VERY few episodes in the last ten years that can consider to be classic. If they want to air storyline relevant episodes:

- Rose Deville steals Nina's baby.
- Victor and Nikki's first wedding.
- Phillip Chancelor III
- Diane vs. Phyllis / Jack & Phyllis' 2001 Wedding - Either one of these for more recent episodes
- Vintage Lauren episode with her Daddy

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply