Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mon Ratings: Horrible #'s for 90210 & Gossip Girl
Topic Started: Sep 14 2010, 01:38 PM (457 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Viewers
Two and a Half Men (R) 8.5 million
The Big Bang Theory (R) 8.0 million
CSI: Miami (R) 6.7 million
Bachelor Pad 5.7 million
How I Met Your Mother (R) 5.4 million
Rules of Engagement (R) 5.4 million
America’s Got Talent (R) 5.3 million
Lie to Me 5.0 million
Dateline 4.5 million
House (R) 3.8 million
Dating in the Dark 3.5 million
90210 2.0 million (Season Premiere)
Gossip Girl 1.9 million (Season Premiere)

Adults 18-49
The Big Bang Theory (R) 2.4/6
Two and a Half Men (R) 2.3/6
Bachelor Pad 1.8/5
Rules of Engagement (R) 1.8/5
CSI: Miami (R) 1.8/5
How I Met Your Mother (R) 1.7/5
Lie to Me 1.5/4
Dating in the Dark 1.3/4
Dateline 1.3/4
America’s Got Talent (R) 1.2/4
House (R) 1.2/3
90210 0.9/3 (Season Premiere)
Gossip Girl 0.9/2 (Season Premiere)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Well.....Blake Lively is gonna get her wish...

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

Nubia
Sep 14 2010, 01:51 PM
Well.....Blake Lively is gonna get her wish...
:D

Season premiere of GG was quite good for me :shrug:

KMan101
Member Avatar

I dunno. I don't know why people get shocked over the CW's numbers. People, they are never going to be a network to pull more than, AT MOST, 4 million viewers for a show. EVER.

It's a network with cable ratings, period. They have a niche. The actual numbers aren't bad, but the 18-49 IS bad. I'll give them that. CW won't do any better.

Mason
Member Avatar

Honestly....I'm disappointed.

I was hoping they'd be worse.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

KMan101
Sep 14 2010, 08:25 PM
I dunno. I don't know why people get shocked over the CW's numbers. People, they are never going to be a network to pull more than, AT MOST, 4 million viewers for a show. EVER.

It's a network with cable ratings, period. They have a niche. The actual numbers aren't bad, but the 18-49 IS bad. I'll give them that. CW won't do any better.
Those numbers would still be "meh" even by CW or basic cable standards...especially for a season premiere. "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" even gets better ratings than that.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Yeah considering they had ZERO competition these are horrible. Wait til they face CBS comedies and DWTS. They will be in the 1.4-1.5 million range

KMan101
Member Avatar

90210 actually wasn't bad. And I can't believe I just said that. I still don't feel a huge connection to the characters like I did in the original. I disliked how they brushed a lot of stuff under the rug (Annie's dealing with the hit and run and Harry's departure) and I think Debbie was on for all of two or three scenes. Jen wasn't even on and we only saw Ryan call her. I mean ... I think they just have too many characters and too many storylines going all at once. Things aren't properly dealt with. Annie's still so goddamn annoying (too bad she's sharing scenes with Liam, Matt Lanter is great). They set the stage for Teddy's storyline, having him be uncomfortable around a nearly naked Naomi. Of course Silver walks in on them ... I can't believe how much I like Trevor Donovan after HATING him on DAYS. I did laugh watching them all high five about senior year when they're all in their late 20s and Trevor's what, in his 30s?

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Kardashian cameo aside, I though 90210 was pretty decent. And I didn't mind them wrapping up the Annie-Hit-And-Run. That storyline was played out. Also...I am still curious to see how Teddy coming out will be a "natural" character development.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply