Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Bay: September Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 15 2010, 03:27 PM (2,714 Views)
Ellie

Discuss the new web soap The Bay here!

http://thebaytheseries.com/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Here is a another link to the premier episode (it's a little bigger viewer than the one on The Bay homepage)

http://www.blip.tv/file/4125408

My only real complaint about the premier is that it's so short, although I realize that is just the reality of the way a new web series has to work. Other than that, I thought it set up storylines pretty well. I loved the brief interaction with Marly and Sara where we can see that Sara wants to make amends, but Marly is having none of it. I'm also intrigued about Brian's secret. The Confessions did a good job of setting the backstory so we know who at least some of these people are. Now I just have to wait another week for the next webisode.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

It was alright, really short though.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ew, why would they have that be the theme song? It's corny, gross and completely terrible. What they used on the Confessions episodes was awesome.

Tristan Rogers looks like he's about to drop dead. LoL The lighting did MBE no favours either. Like you, I felt the episode ended too abruptly and I find it funny that I'm supposed to believe Tanisha Lynn, Jade Harlow etc, are supposed to be teenagers.

As to what I liked. Most of the actors did a good job. Sandra Ferguson looked like one of those slutty reality Housewives, LoL! Do we know who's blackmailing Dylan Bruce? He was the MVP of the episode, IMO. Martha Madison was good in the brief amount we got of her, as was Jade Harlow. Tanisha Lynn's character seems stupid. That little runaway in tears moment was dumb.
Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

We don't know who is blackmailing Brian at this point and since the spoilers are few and far between, that means I really don't know. I thought MBE looked good. It's not "vaseline on the lens" lighting, but she's not supposed to be 30 either. I thought she looked the age the character is supposed to be.

I rarely think that teenagers on TV actually look like teenagers, so I guess I didn't notice that issue.

I do agree about the theme music, I liked the music used for the Confessions videos better.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yeah, the teenagers actually being teenagers thing is rare. That's one of the reason's I like The Vampire Diraries, the oldest teenager in real life is like 21.

The most interesting dynamic to me is Marly's hatred of her mother. I love family drama, it's always the best kind, IMO.
Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Amello
Sep 15 2010, 04:19 PM
The most interesting dynamic to me is Marly's hatred of her mother. I love family drama, it's always the best kind, IMO.
Oh, I definitely agree. I'm really looking forward to how that dynamic plays out. The Confessions videos hooked me on that relationship even before the episode aired. Just the way MM showed Marly's conflict about her mother and the way MBE showed Sara's regret for the hurt she caused her kids. You could see that same regret/vulnerability in Sara when Marly totally shut her off and walked away at the party.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

MM just mention on BWR that Andrea Evans is joining THE BAY.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

It was okay. Better then I expected. That Tanisha Lynn is pretty bad though lol.

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Sep 15 2010, 05:00 PM
It was okay. Better then I expected. That Tanisha Lynn is pretty bad though lol.
She was good on All My Children. She had a weird scene to play. Hopefully she gets better.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Oh and did Matthew Ashford produce or direct? I could of sworn I saw his name in the credits? And I'm pretty sure they spelled it wrong lol. I'm pretty sure it said "Matthew Ashord".

Meh to Andrea Evans.

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Sep 15 2010, 05:16 PM
Meh to Andrea Evans.
Tina Lord Roberts is NOT going to stand for such blatant DISRESPECT!
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Amello
Sep 15 2010, 05:21 PM
darraholic
Meh to Andrea Evans.
:blah: Tina was great at first. Her return was HORRIBLE and seemed like a Rebecca clone.

esp13
Member Avatar

Amello
Sep 15 2010, 05:01 PM
darraholic
Sep 15 2010, 05:00 PM
She was good on All My Children. She had a weird scene to play. Hopefully she gets better.
Matt is one of the producers of the show, along with Mary Beth and Martha and at least a couple other castmembers (I can't remember the full list at the moment).

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Sep 15 2010, 05:37 PM
Amello
Sep 15 2010, 05:21 PM
darraholic
Meh to Andrea Evans.
:blah: Tina was great at first. Her return was HORRIBLE and seemed like a Rebecca clone.
Stop this. Her return sucked because the writing wasn't there. Plus, have you seen Evans on Y&R as Patty. She used to be a real actress, I SWEAR!

I hope she can find her talent again.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Only Tawny on Y&R :p She's good but not in recent years.

Kriss4

I just saw it. I thought it was pretty good for a first episode of a web series. At least I knew who the players were, thanks to the Confessions I've been watching, and I understood some of the conflicts right away.

I wanted to see more of Sara and Marly, though, because there's some real conflict there and it looks like there won't be a quick solution. "Vivian" overdid the running out in tears part because she was so mild when she first caught a glimpse of Pete with Lianna that it didn't seem to fit when she burst into tears and ran out.

MacKenzie's clearly a ladies man. Sara said his wife had just died. Guess he didn't wait long to begin a new relationship. Of course, maybe he'd been carrying on before she died. Guess we'll find out about that.

I do wonder what gives with Bryan. Not sure about Pete yet. Lianna might be interesting.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

I wasn't very impressed. I think from all the hype I'd heard, I expected it to be better. As others have noted, the theme song is terrible. Also terrible is the actor playing the younger son. I didn't realize he was supposed to be drunk or high until Sara called him out on it, and it seemed like a random conclusion to jump to. I also didn't like the performance of African-American girl who, I presume, is a jilted ex-girlfriend of the younger son's. Her running away crying was quite cheesey.

I liked Jade Harlow a lot on Passions. She was the best Jessica and she was never given enough to do, so I'm glad she seems to have an interesting role here, and I thought her performance was fine from what we saw of it. The older son seems the strongest actor of the people whom I wasn't already familiar with, and he's definitely the most interesting character - which isn't saying too much. Honestly, I'm concerned this show's going to be spread too thin. Obviously they don't have a lot of time for these episodes, so I wonder if they need quite this many characters.

I haven't seen the confessions thing. Can someone give a very brief run-down on how these people are connected. I know the two guys and Martha Madison are Sara's children, and obviously their significant others were made clear. How is Tristan Rogers connected, is he Martha Madison's father? And what about John Callahan and Sandra Ferguson?
Edited by SlyestFox, Sep 15 2010, 09:03 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

Tristan Rogers character, Lex Martin, used to be married to Sara Garrett's aunt. Sandra Robinson is Sara's ex-husband Lee's sister. I'm not sure how Mackenzie (John Callahan's character) is related just yet.

lysie
Member Avatar

I liked it, though I do agree about the theme music and Vivian.

I liked Sara's reaction to Pete and Lianna. I would have never known they were teenagers, though, if whatsherface hadn't said so.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Web Soaps Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply