Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
All Grown Up: Chandler Massey on the Change in Will
Topic Started: Sep 16 2010, 04:44 PM (2,344 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

All Grown Up: Chandler Massey on the Change in Will

When Sami moved her family into the DiMera Mansion, that move included her son Will. Naturally, as a member of the Brady clan, he wasn't initially too pleased. He's also a good kid, who was worried about her mother and her relationship with EJ (not just good, but smart, as well). But, as Chandler Massey told us about his character, he was nonetheless at first "very charmed by Stefano. He's a very charming person. He didn't really see his dark side. But after all this business has been happening he kind of realizes who he really is."

The "business" that came out involved EJ, and the fact that he was responsible for Sydney's kidnapping. Will is a good kid, and one who is close to his younger siblings, so this was devastating for him, an unforgivable offense. But Will was still living in the DiMera Mansion and so he was there when Sami made her late night visit. "He didn't see her," Chandler told us, "but he heard her go in and he saw her come out with a gun. Definitely, he's very overwhelmed by it."

So Will is the only one who knows Sami's big secret. She's the one who pulled the trigger and put the bullet in EJ's head. There are some in Salem who suspect it was really Will, but it doesn't seem like he'll ever be giving up the truth. "After the initial shock," Chandler told us of seeing his mother with that gun, "I think it really brings them closer together. Will realizes how much he loves his mom and he feels that he needs to protect her." Chandler continued, telling us that Will's initial reaction was shock, but he did "understand why she did it. He could relate because he's seen what she's gone through because of EJ and what his whole family has gone through. So I don't think he blames her and is angry with her so much as he's worried for her and scared for her."

Will is worried and scared about Sami, but Chandler is thrilled about his storyline. He loves that his character is keeping this secret, and he told us "it's great because I get to work more with Alison Sweeney, who's fantastic, and work with Galen, who is also fantastic. It's so much fun to work with them."

Chandler is having a blast, but he did tell us he was initially pretty intimidated, both by working with Alison Sweeney and Galen Gering, but also in some of the recent, pretty confrontational scenes he's shared with Joe Mascolo and Lauren Koslow. "Oh, at first, absolutely," he told us when we asked whether or not he was intimidated, "but they helped me so much and both of them really like to challenge me in the scenes. And Joe really likes to keep me on my toes! It's great. They're so much fun to work with. I'm learning so much from them."

Joe Mascolo likes to keep him on his toes, but from what Chandler told us about his commitment to preparation, he's more than able to handle it. "Once I get the script I read it over several times," Chandler said. "There's an acting coach here on set her name is Maria and I'll come in a couple of days before and the day before to work with her. Then the day of, I'll run the scenes with whoever I'm working with and kind of talk with them about how we want the scene to feel and how we want it to go. That's usually what I do. And then I'll go out on set maybe ten to fifteen minutes early and just sit in the set that I'm working on and get in the right emotional place that I need to be before the scene starts.

"I think what's still very challenging is this very fast pace," Chandler continued. "We have a rehearsal and after the one rehearsal we go straight to tape. Actually, the thing that's most challenging is getting the scene where I want it to be in the amount of time that I have to prepare for it. It's definitely challenging but also fun. It really helps you grow as an actor because you have to be able to do that."

Chandler has learned a lot from his fellow actors, and in general from the time he has spent in Salem, and it certainly sounds like he's committed to success. "I remember I couldn't sleep the night before my first day," he told us. "I could not sleep at all. I was so nervous, probably for the first month or two months, even. After that, I gradually started settling down and becoming more confident. Now I can just really go for it, let it go, not feel self-conscious and really have fun."

Chandler has grown and developed as an actor since his arrival in Salem, and it looks like his character is going through his own changes. "I'm really, really enjoying the direction that they're taking Will," Chandler said. "He's seventeen, he's about to be eighteen. They're making the transition from boy to man really, really great. I really like what they've done with him and it's so fun to be able to play that and to embody that."

http://www.daysofourlives.com/specials/interviews_detail_4781.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I want Chad & Will! Thanks for posting.

Cupcake06

He's adorable. :wub:

Deleted User
Deleted User

He really is doing a great job :)
Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Uhhh...didn't Will move in to the DiMansion before Sami and the young 'uns?

Thanks for posting! :)

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 16 2010, 04:44 PM

. "He's seventeen, he's about to be eighteen. They're making the transition from boy to man really, really great. I really like what they've done with him and it's so fun to be able to play that and to embody that."

This is my point Will can't even be questioned with out Sami or Lucas present and it be used against him. He cannot go and confess and it be used in anyway. He is a minor.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I think Massey is growing as an actor. I don't think Dylan Patton could have pulled off some of the scenes CM has had with AS, JM and LK.

meaculpa

SocRMum1
Sep 16 2010, 04:52 PM

That's exactly what I thought too... HUH? Will moved in and them Sami followed him. He wasn't upset by it... he chose to move there himself.

Oh well, good rest of the article. TFP.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

But, as Chandler Massey told us about his character, he was nonetheless at first "very charmed by Stefano. He's a very charming person. He didn't really see his dark side. But after all this business has been happening he kind of realizes who he really is."

Correct me or confirm this was the order of things: Did Wil have the talk with Caroline where she told him not to be deceived by Stefano happen before he talked to Sami about understanding what she did and keeping her secret?
Quote Post Goto Top

Criss33
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 16 2010, 04:52 PM

Yes he did!!
Love him he is doing a great job!!!

Thanks for posting Angie
Edited by Criss33, Sep 16 2010, 05:22 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

HASdays
Sep 16 2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:

But, as Chandler Massey told us about his character, he was nonetheless at first "very charmed by Stefano. He's a very charming person. He didn't really see his dark side. But after all this business has been happening he kind of realizes who he really is."

Correct me or confirm this was the order of things: Did Wil have the talk with Caroline where she told him not to be deceived by Stefano happen before he talked to Sami about understanding what she did and keeping her secret?
Yep - that's the way I remember it. Will was sort of arguing with Caroline about Stefano being a 'cool' guy before he knew anything about EJ getting shot.

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Sep 16 2010, 05:44 PM
HASdays
Sep 16 2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:

Yep - that's the way I remember it. Will was sort of arguing with Caroline about Stefano being a 'cool' guy before he knew anything about EJ getting shot.
ok, so I'm wandering if that convo was what made him see what she meant. She was charmed by EJ too. It may have made him more understanding of why she accepted what he told her through the sydnapping stuff. He was getting charmed by Stefano.

That could be why that caroline convo happened. If that is, these writers need to tie things together better.
Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

That kid has the makings of a terrific actor.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

ladyofthelake
Sep 16 2010, 05:54 PM
I hope they stick with this Will. I don't want to see another recast.

Criss33
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 16 2010, 05:59 PM
ladyofthelake
I REALLY hope not!! Chandler is doing a great job. Can't wait to see how William will act once he finds out that Chad is a Dimera should be very interesting.. :popcorn:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Criss33
Sep 16 2010, 06:15 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Sep 16 2010, 05:59 PM
ladyofthelake
I REALLY hope not!! Chandler is doing a great job. Can't wait to see how William will act once he finds out that Chad is a Dimera should be very interesting.. :popcorn:
It would probably turns him on even more. Will: "My crush is a big bad DiMera." :P
Edited by Casey, Sep 16 2010, 06:19 PM.

six
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Sep 16 2010, 04:57 PM
Angie79
Sep 16 2010, 04:44 PM

. "He's seventeen, he's about to be eighteen. They're making the transition from boy to man really, really great. I really like what they've done with him and it's so fun to be able to play that and to embody that."

This is my point Will can't even be questioned with out Sami or Lucas present and it be used against him. He cannot go and confess and it be used in anyway. He is a minor.
It depends on where Salem is. Seventeen year olds can be questioned alone in my state.

I like the direction they're taking Will in. It's a wonder he turned out well, considering his terrible role models.

Thanks for the article.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

six
Sep 16 2010, 07:31 PM
It depends on where Salem is. Seventeen year olds can be questioned alone in my state.

I like the direction they're taking Will in. It's a wonder he turned out well, considering his terrible role models.

Thanks for the article.
Will doesn't have all terrible role models. He had Alice, and still has Maggie, and Caroline. There good influences in his life. Speaking of Maggie she hasn't had a scene with Will in a really long time..

six
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 16 2010, 07:33 PM
six
Sep 16 2010, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the article.
Will doesn't have all terrible role models. He had Alice, and still has Maggie, and Caroline. There good influences in his life. Speaking of Maggie she hasn't had a scene with Will in a really long time..
Yes, there were kind people in his life, but a child's biggest role models are usually the people who've raised him/her for the longest, and Sami and Lucas were terrible.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

What a great read! Thanks for posting! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply