Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Kayla Returns!; September 28th issue
Topic Started: Sep 17 2010, 11:39 AM (1,420 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

Source: http://marybethevans.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=17&pos=18

Stephanie has ruled out Chloe as the test switcher, so she decides that it must be Daniel because he's the only other person that has a motive. Shelley Hennig says that Daniel might think he can live with the truth because he loves Chloe so much.

Adrienne picks up on Stephanie's behavior and she calls Kayla and tells her to come to Salem. Kayla walks in on Stephanie and Nathan making out. Hennig says that Kayla tells Stephanie that Adrienne told her Stephanie was in trouble. Stephanie denies that there is a problem and keeps trying to push Kayla away.

Kayla isn't buying it. Mary Beth Evans says that Kayla realizes Stephanie has changed since Kayla left Salem and Kayla is determined to get help her daughter.

Mary Beth talks about how returning to Days is always fun and she kind of enjoys being able to stop in, fix some things, and then head back out. She says she loves everybody at Days and has become very close with Shelley. They text each other and send silly pictures. She says Shelley is very sweet and since Mary Beth's daughter is away at college so much, it's fun for Mary Beth to get to connect with somebody like that. She also says she has great relationships with everyone on the show, especially the family so it's fun for her to come back now and then.

By the end of the week, Kayla walks in and overhears a conversation between Stephanie and Ian that lets her know what is going on. At that point, Stephanie has no choice but to tell her mother the truth.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

KAYLA!

This made me giggle.
Quote:

Mary Beth talks about how returning to Days is always fun and she kind of enjoys being able to stop in, fix some things, and then head back out.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Yeah, too bad she can't fix everything while she's there. I think it's interesting that she seems to have embraced this kind of recurring recurring character. I'm sure that having a contract and guaranteed income is nice, but then you also get stuck doing a lot of filler/nothing (see, e.g., Abe and Lexie) unless the writers are willing to write a story for you. This way, when she does come back she has something semi-meaningful to do. Sure, it might be more about other characters than it is really about Kayla, but there is still some meat to the story in terms of the relationship between Stephanie and Kayla. Plus, it keeps her free to do other things (The Bay, guest appearances elsewhere) and leaves her time for her myriad of non-acting projects.

And, as a fan of the actress and the character, I kind of like it myself. Sure, I'd love to see her more and if she wasn't doing The Bay, maybe it would be harder. But, these kind of recurring appearances gives me a chance to see the character I love without have to worry too much about what damage/destruction the writers have planned for her this time.

six
Member Avatar

IDK why, since I can count on one hand the scenes of hers that I've really liked, but I'm sort of looking forward to seeing Kayla again. Hopefully she'll knock some sense into her child.

Thanks, esp13.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

does it seem that at the end of all of this that Kayla will grab Stephanie by the ear and take her away with her.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

LuvingLumi
Sep 17 2010, 01:42 PM
does it seem that at the end of all of this that Kayla will grab Stephanie by the ear and take her away with her.
Possibly. I doubt it though, that eliminates the only Brady in that age area and it would spotlight Melanie even more.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I'm glad Kayla will be back next week! I agree too that while the best of all possible worlds is getting to see your favorite regularly in stories you enjoy, that seems like such an impossible dream with this regime that the next best thing is that your favorite may not be around much but at least his or her character and/or marriage isn't destroyed.

I've always thought Mary Beth and Shelley have good mother-daughter chemistry. I know a lot of people think Stephanie doesn't look enough like her parents but I actually think there is some resemblance, enough to where I've never thought, "NO WAY can those two be related," unlike, say, AS and Jensen Ackles.

esp13
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 17 2010, 01:44 PM
LuvingLumi
Sep 17 2010, 01:42 PM
Possibly. I doubt it though, that eliminates the only Brady in that age area and it would spotlight Melanie even more.
MBE has been done filiming for like two weeks. If Stephanie were going anywhere on a permanent basis, that would have leaked by now. Heck, news of LH's firing came out weeks before she finished filiming her scenes.

Quote:

I've always thought Mary Beth and Shelley have good mother-daughter chemistry. I know a lot of people think Stephanie doesn't look enough like her parents but I actually think there is some resemblance, enough to where I've never thought, "NO WAY can those two be related," unlike, say, AS and Jensen Ackles.

I always thought that as well. The difference in coloring is just not that big of a deal to me. I see a similarity in mannerisms and I've always felt that SH's Stephanie had that underlying vulnerability that was such a part of both Steve and Kayla. I always had a much harder time accepted Shayna Rose's Stephanie as a child of Steve and Kayla.

lysie
Member Avatar

IMO, the biggest "problem" with Shelley's look is that she looks more like a BOPE child.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

lysie
Sep 17 2010, 02:02 PM
IMO, the biggest "problem" with Shelley's look is that she looks more like a BOPE child.
It's the face, and mainly in the eyes. If you look at Bo's eyes, you see them in Stephanie.

esp13
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 17 2010, 02:08 PM
lysie
Sep 17 2010, 02:02 PM
It's the face, and mainly in the eyes. If you look at Bo's eyes, you see them in Stephanie.

Well, she is his niece. ;)

I understand why people think she doesn't look like Steve and Kayla's kid. Like I said, it was just never a big deal for me.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I don't think she has the right look to be their daughter either and thought it was bad casting at first. But, I do like her in the role now and agree MBE and SH have good mother-daughter chemistry.

Silversprings
Member Avatar

I'm looking forward to KAyla's return.
I agree that SH does not really look like a child of Steve and Kayla, it used to bug me when SH first appeared but it dosent now, I have gotten used to her, and SH does have a good daughter/mother vibe with MBE.
Also SH kinda does look like the little girls that played Stephanie just before Kayla & Stephanie left the show in the early 90's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply