Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another World: Frankie is Murdered.; Still hard to watch.
Topic Started: Sep 19 2010, 09:35 PM (3,861 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

Fax stalks Frankie while she's at Joise's bridal shower. Fax then tampers with Frankie's car.

Frankie calls Cass and urges him to come home. The Stalker (Fax) enters the house. Frankie escapes. Frankie's car breaks down and fears the Stalker is coming. Frankie then comes face to face with her killer.

Frankie & The Stalker end up in a fight. Frankie is able to escape him and run into the woods. Rachel & Matt hear screams but shrug it off. Frankie finds shelter in the Cory icehouse but Stalker shows up. Frankie realizes she's going to die so she attacks the killer and pulls his mask off. Frankie knows the killer and begs him to let her live but he strangles and kills her. Frankie is able to give a clue before she dies by trying to write an F.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Alice Barrett was utterly brilliant, but I've vowed that I will *never* watch these scenes again. When they first aired I was literally shaking with pain and anger, and it made me sick to my stomach. This was the most extreme example of the total ineptitude of both a head writer and an executive producer, Margaret DePriest and Jill Farren Phelps, respectively. A huge write-in and call-in campaign was mounted to save Frankie. The soap mags wrote about it at length as viewers begged the show to spare this beloved character. When word got out about Frankie's impending demise and the audience uproar, the shit hit the fan. Phelps asked DePriest to write it so Frankie's body was not found, leaving the door open for a future return. But DePriest the hack and her gutless EP allowed it to move forward as written.

As far as I'm concerned, this was the beginning of the end of Another World (along with Ryan's death). What a waste. :redface:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is hands down one of the most creepy and brutal scenes in daytime history. The murder of Frankie goes down as one of the most horrific and shocking daytime deaths (in the pre-internet spoiler) era.

ANOTHER WORLD never recovered from this...it was all down hill from there after this beloved fan favorite was killed off in such a brutal way.

The ending scene where she tries to write "F" and then the split scene with Cass...OMG..that scene was burned into my memory for forever. I was just utterly horrified when this happened, especially since I had no idea it was even going to happen. I remember sitting on the couch and crying and my mom was crying and she was hugging my sister who was also watching. It was sad...my parents really attempted to try and stop us from watching ANOTHER WORLD and DAYS OF OUR LIVES after this.

Wow, just wow. As much as I LOATHE DePriest and JFP...they sure had some balls to go through with this, especially after all the pressure they were under.

Even though I think Frankie should have been spared, sometimes soaps need some SERIOUS emotional drama like this, well...maybe not quite to this extreme, I don't know..I'm not explaining myself well.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Wasn't it suppose to be Anna Stuart (Donna) who was going to be killed?

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Sep 22 2010, 06:43 PM
Wasn't it suppose to be Anna Stuart (Donna) who was going to be killed?
Something like that. When that was shot down for whatever reason it was between Frankie and Paulina. JFP let the focus groups decide.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Fax was such a lame killer too. I had him pegged as the Serial Killer very early on.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

After all the hype, I was expecting much more. The acting wasn't even that good either. At least the music and sets were nice.

taylore
Member Avatar

thank god they didn't kill my girl paulina

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

:hmmph: Meh, had no problem with her being killed off....and for someone so 'feisty', she sure begged like a wuss right before getting killed.

I was a MAJOR Cass and Kathleen fan....when Julie Osburn left Cass was paired with Nicole, another couple that was great and should have gotten more of a chance. But noooooo, we had to get a Luna Moody (OLTL) knockoff and what's worse, C&K's love was decimated so that we could believe that Frankie was Cass' true love? Whatever!

IMO, AW went down the tubes when they broke up Jake and Paulina and paired her with the boringest cop ever, Joe.

taylore
Member Avatar

you are so right about jake and paulina,i hate her with joe,couldn't stand jake and vicky(i loved vicky with ryan).

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Oh God, Kathleen was such a WIMP of a character. Julie Osborne was appealing enough, but Cass and Kathleen were just stomach churning. Frankie was obviously the love of his life. The chemistry between Stephen and Alice was so palpable, even they acknowledged in the soap press that it was unmistakeable.

Even though I'm crushed that AW ended, I'm happy that it was Alice's firing that set it all in motion.

As for Kathleen ... ugh, she and Cass were just milk-toast. Frankie had fire and passion!
Edited by Renee Dimera, Sep 27 2010, 06:57 PM.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Oh, and the REAL problem was when it became the "Jensen Buchanan Show." God, I was so freaking sick of Vicky, and Jake deserved so much more than being yanked around by her. Tom Eplin was one of the best young soap actors, and the character of Jake was just wasted being second fiddle to Ryan and then Bobby/Shane. In all honesty, I think Vicky should have been one of Fax's vicitms rather than Frankie. The show would have been so much better for it. :flipoff:

darraholic
Member Avatar

I liked Frankie but I liked Cass & Kathleen together more.

Ditto on Jake & Paulina. I also loved Grant & Paulina with the original actors.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

Renee Dimera
Sep 27 2010, 06:56 PM
Oh God, Kathleen was such a WIMP of a character.
You must have been watching Kathleen when JO returned during the Cass/Kathleen/Frankie triangle....the Kathleen of the early 80's was by no means a wimp! She didn't take any shit off Cass or anyone and would have eaten Frankie alive then. And C&K had just as much passion and fire as C&F did....I only wish there were early C&K videos on Youtube. JO's returning was a big mistake, IMO the decimation of her character to prop up Frankie's was an insult to the C&K fans.

odysseyqueen

I remember a scene after Frankie was killed when Cass went to identify Frankie at the morgue and say goodbye. It was absolutely heartbreaking. I've never seen a soap episode which affected me so strongly.

Take74

Sweetbabygirl
Sep 27 2010, 11:46 AM
:hmmph: Meh, had no problem with her being killed off....and for someone so 'feisty', she sure begged like a wuss right before getting killed.

I was a MAJOR Cass and Kathleen fan....when Julie Osburn left Cass was paired with Nicole, another couple that was great and should have gotten more of a chance. But noooooo, we had to get a Luna Moody (OLTL) knockoff and what's worse, C&K's love was decimated so that we could believe that Frankie was Cass' true love? Whatever!

IMO, AW went down the tubes when they broke up Jake and Paulina and paired her with the boringest cop ever, Joe.
I totally agree with you. I loved Cass and Kathleen. The writers seemed to shove Frankie down our throats which failed in my eyes because of the long build up of C & K's relationship. lol I used to have friendly disagreement with my Grandmother about which woman was beter for Cass....so I stuck around long enough for Julie to come back and leave again. After she left I'd watch here and there, but I never fully accepted Cass with any woman besides Kathleen. That could be due to the huge chemistry between SS and JO. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Video Vault · Next Topic »
Add Reply