Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Brothers & Sisters: Season 5 Discussion; The Final Season?
Topic Started: Sep 26 2010, 10:43 PM (2,689 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

Manny
Oct 16 2010, 02:40 AM
mesagirl
Oct 13 2010, 09:34 AM
The show has gotten a bit boring for me too. I miss Rob Lowe.

I'm confused about the money too. First epi Sarah was selling the land for 55 million. But why do most of them seem so broke? They spoke about not selling it, but I don't recall them coming to a decision. I like the new guy, but I feel it's way too soon for Kitty to have a love interest. She buries Robert, and a week later she's flirting with another guy? Not very realistic.
Hasn't there been a one year jump into the future after Robert's death? So Kitty has waited a year before dating someone else..
Yes, a year did pass but Kitty kept Robert on life support for that full year. She did not pull the plug until the first episode of this season and that is when Robert died. However, there could be an argument for the fact that Robert really has been gone a year since he was non responsive and in a coma for that year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Hmmm.. I didn't get it that way. I thought that the first episode was the continuation of where we left of in season 4. And after Kitty pulled the plug, that's when 1 year had passed.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Manny
Oct 16 2010, 06:33 PM
Hmmm.. I didn't get it that way. I thought that the first episode was the continuation of where we left of in season 4. And after Kitty pulled the plug, that's when 1 year had passed.
I took it that way because Justin went back in the Army. He left right after the accident and was gone for a year. When he returned in the first episode it was a year later. Otherwise, he would have been overseas for like a week or something.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Tonight's show wasn't so bad. I hope this is the last we see of Rebecca for awhile though. Emily VanCamp's face looked weird to me though.

michelle
Member Avatar

I loved last nights show, but I have loved every season. Maybe I am just a sucker for sap.

The Justin/Rebecca reunion was kind of heartbreaking for me, and I'm somone who never much cared for her character or their relationship. I loved how it ended though. I cried with Justin when Rebecca left and Nora told him to let it all out. I mean I really cried with him. You could feel how much he wanted her to stay. And kudos to Rebecca for leaving Justin the sweet pic and the coffee/cocoa/cinnamon remedy for not sleeping, that was a nice touch. I also liked that she took that last pic of her mom and dad before heading out, despite how crazy rude Holly was to her. They gave her a great send off, leaving it open if they ever wanted to bring her back.

Why does Holly seem to remember everyone but her own daughter? I don't know.

Love Kitty and her construction/carpenter man. She needs a REAL regular-type down to earth guy to help her get over Robert's death. He's been "gone" a year now. Time to move on and live again.

Sara's story was dumb and had a predictable ending.

Saul, Kevin and Scotty's closeness is really nice. I loved that Saul's friend, payed by the excellent Stephen Collins, and he reunited. I'm glad Saul was honest about his disease and hopefully in a future episode, they can revisit. Saul needs love too!

Manny
Member Avatar

I loved the last episode. It really made me smile for so many reasons. I just love this season so much.

EDIT: Okay, I wrote this before sawing the end. Scotty cheated on Kevin? :(
Edited by Manny, Oct 27 2010, 11:16 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

OMG! The scene where Kevin tells Scotty he's not angry, he's just in pain was SO SAD! Matthew Rhys did an AMAZING job!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Manny
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8441907&t=8372962
OMG! The scene where Kevin tells Scotty he's not angry, he's just in pain was SO SAD! Matthew Rhys did an AMAZING job!

I agree, possibly even Emmy worthy. MR does emotional scenes better than just about any male actor I have seen.

Manny
Member Avatar

Kirk
Nov 1 2010, 07:25 PM
Manny
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8441907&t=8372962

I agree, possibly even Emmy worthy. MR does emotional scenes better than just about any male actor I have seen.
I completely agree! His emotions seem so real. Love him.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Brothers and Sisters is actually pretty good this season.

The Kevin/Scotty storyline is very well written

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I enjoyed last night's episode. It was nice to have a break from Kitty and I'm enjoying Robert not being around anymore.

I've missed a couple episodes here and there so I have to ask... Did the carpenter guy end up being the guy Kitty broke up with in her apartment awhile back?

Mason

I've gotten so behind on this show. I need to catch up since it sounds like it's actually semi-decent this season...

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I didn't watch the first few episodes either Mason because I didn't want to be disappointed, but I have to say the show is on a creative upswing as of late.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/beau-bridges-joins-brothers-sisters/

Quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Brothers & Sisters is reuniting Sally Field with her Norma Rae leading man Beau Bridges for a major romantic story arc to kick off early next year. Bridges, who co-starred as the title character's husband Sonny in the 1979 pic, will play a love interest for Field's Walker matriarch Nora in at least five episodes. The news comes as the ABC drama is enjoying a wave of momentum in its fifth season. After showing surprising ratings muscle this fall, the network increased the show's episode order from 18 to 22 (a.k.a. a full season).

Manny
Member Avatar

I am liking this last BroSis episode!

I agree, Rick, that Kevin/Scotty storyline was great! I loved Matthew Rhys! He was SO AMAZING! And that scene where they have their confrontation was so heartbreaking.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

LOL at Kevin telling Scotty to come up to his room so he can pin his tail on his donkey, lol.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

That was the funniest line tonight.

And is it just me, or does Patricia Wettig just get more beautiful with age?

Alin89
Member Avatar

did anyone watch this week's eppy

Manny
Member Avatar

I did. I really like Kevin and Scotty's storyline this season.

Manny
Member Avatar

The only thing I liked in yesterday's episode was Kevin and Scotty's storyline.. AGAIN!

I wish they would just write Holly off. She serves no purpose anymore. Was this her last episode? Is this Patricia Wettig's final episode? I had no idea she was let go..

Justin's storyline is boring. Sarah has no story. Kitty is yawn...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply