Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 9/27- 10/1
Topic Started: Sep 27 2010, 10:32 AM (15,566 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Days of our Lives
Weekly Discussion
Week of September 27th

Picture

Posted Image

Classic Scene

Discuss :smile:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Thanks to Casey for finding the pic and the clip.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

^^Nice clip....I've watched that over and over on youtube....it doesn't get more romantic than that.....oh what Days use to be.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Yep the glory 'Days' all throughout the 1980s :)

supermanfan85
Member Avatar

Can't say ive seen that scene. probably cause I wasn't born yet :D wow long time...

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

LuvingLumi
Sep 27 2010, 11:35 AM
^^Nice clip....I've watched that over and over on youtube....it doesn't get more romantic than that.....oh what Days use to be.
It sure doesn't, Bope have amazing chemistry in spite of everything that has happened to them, but I know they are not everyone cup of tea. :D

Alligato
Member Avatar

KA is so much prettier with a little meat on her bones...and this was such a romantic story...and even the music wasn't that cheesy.
It is amazing to actually see two people in love being happy and not dreaming about someone else or pretending to love someone else or competing with someone else. What happened to that kind of thing?

I miss Marlena.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

Alligato
Sep 27 2010, 12:45 PM
KA is so much prettier with a little meat on her bones...and this was such a romantic story...and even the music wasn't that cheesy.
It is amazing to actually see two people in love being happy and not dreaming about someone else or pretending to love someone else or competing with someone else. What happened to that kind of thing?

I miss Marlena.
I know and those were the good ole days.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I miss Marlena terribly. She needs to come back.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Alligato
Sep 27 2010, 12:45 PM
KA is so much prettier with a little meat on her bones
In fairness, she was also 26 years younger then.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Juat an idea that my grandmother just told me.

By the flashbacks of Sami shooting E.J. she was wearing long sleeves and you could not tell if she was wearing a watch or not. But when the hands were show lifting the gun to shoot E.J. that wrist had a watch on it.

Has anyone noticed if Sami was wearing a watch that night or not the person that lifted the gun to shoot E.J. was wearing a watch. Maybe even a man's watch? The wrist did not appear to be wearing long sleeves.

My grandma thinks that maybe someone could have shot E.J. before Sami got there and perhaps she shot him again or she shot at him. Maybe there will be an unexpected twist. The watch will be the key. Could this be the big twist that Corday spoke of?

Could E.J. possibly be guilting Sami into thinking she shot him to get the children or possibly her back? Or even pulling a page out of Stefano's book using blackmail like Stefano did with Kate?

What do you guys think is my grandmother over thinking this or could this be a possibility that Sami thinks she shot E.J. but didn't do it after all?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

^^I suspect certain things were put into the scenes in the event they needed to change the outcome of the shooter later on, the watch being one of them. As of now Sami shot Ej, if ratings climb Sami will be Ej's shooter, no problem with that...but if they don't climb then I see them giving Sami and out and changing the current outcome.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Kayla made today's show. End of story LOL.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 27 2010, 01:33 PM
Kayla made today's show. End of story LOL.
I agree, that's the only way I got through the eppy and I watched it online rather than on tv.

maverick
Member Avatar

TFP!

Absolute CLASSIC scene! Every time I see one of the clips from the New Orleans story..no work gets done for the day. The good ole days! DAYS need to re-introduce the (atleast some) formula that made the show so popular back in the 80's. I know they can do it, KC did work on the show back then. LOL

maverick
Member Avatar

Paxton
Sep 27 2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:

KA is so much prettier with a little meat on her bones
In fairness, she was also 26 years younger then.
It's just ironic in a sense.

KA got alot of flack back in the 80s for being a little on the "heavy" side and ever since she came back in the 90s to current, she is getting the same flack for being too skinny.

TINA222
Member Avatar

I watched back and never once went wow she is fat. it makes me sad to look at her now. She looks sickly and if she had 20 pounds on her she would be stunning. Normal looking.

maverick
Member Avatar

^^She does look better than she did 2 years ago.
I don't know the exact time frame, I think it was early late 83/ 84 where the producers were considering recasting the role b/c of it. This is Hollywood after all.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 27 2010, 01:25 PM
^^I suspect certain things were put into the scenes in the event they needed to change the outcome of the shooter later on, the watch being one of them. As of now Sami shot Ej, if ratings climb Sami will be Ej's shooter, no problem with that...but if they don't climb then I see them giving Sami and out and changing the current outcome.
From what I have read, many of those scenes were filmed two weeks apart, which could account for some of the differences we see, like Sami's hair being down when she is with Rafe, up at the shooting, and then down when she throws the gun in the river. I also noticed that when Sami left Rafe to go to the mansion, his hair was longer, when she returned to bed with him, it was obvious he had had a haircut. Since they often film out of order, I am not surprised to see this type of thing.

OliveAnn

Today's episode is one of the worst in a while. The inconsistency with Rafe's character needs to stop. For months they write him as so dumb that it's hard to believe he's actually in the FBI, then today they have him be so smart that he's the only one to see through EJ. Make up your minds wirters; either he is smart or he isn't.

I liked Pookie, but that flashback was unnecessary. Pookie wasn't THAT important of a character. The dialogue in the scene was funny, but the scene itself had no real importance. They should have chosen another scene if they wanted a reaction from us.

The dialogue between Stephanie and Kayla sounded like someone copied a conversation between Sami and Marlena from 1993 and inserted the names Kayla and Stephanie instead. The results: Kayla very tactlessly practically insulting her daughter. Would the real Kayla EVER do that?

In the end, all I can say is kudos to MBE, SH and AZ (especially AZ!) for giving emotional performances in spite of bad writing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply