Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 9/27- 10/1
Topic Started: Sep 27 2010, 10:32 AM (14,847 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Sep 27 2010, 02:45 PM
The dialogue between Stephanie and Kayla sounded like someone copied a conversation between Sami and Marlena from 1993 and inserted the names Kayla and Stephanie instead. The results: Kayla very tactlessly practically insulting her daughter. Would the real Kayla EVER do that?
IMO, absolutely. Kayla's never been one to hold back from telling someone she loved they were out of line. I certainly don't think she'd hold back telling her grown daughter that she was way out of line. Heck, she's done it before back in 2007. If that was the only conversation they were ever going to have, I might be worried, but I don't think it's going to end on that confrontational note.

In any case, I thought that was very much the real Kayla and that it was a great emotional scene between Kayla and Stephanie. If Stephanie didn't know that her mother was absolutely right, she wouldn't have gotten so upset.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I actually loved Kayla pointing out every truth Stephanie needs to hear. I like Stephanie and what she's been lacking is the person who knows her the best and along with her father loves her the most to point out all that's wrong with her line of thinking. I didn't think Kayla was insulting or at all out of line in what she said, but then IMO Marlena had every reason to be the same way with Sami so even if it was cut and paste it was a cut and paste that made sense. I didn't get to see the entire show but I can state without reservation that the Kayla/Stephanie stuff and the Nicole scenes were by far the best part of the show. I no longer give even a fraction of a flying fuck about what happens with EJ, Sami and Rafe. If EJ ever gets a storyline outside of Sami, let me know, but until then, I don't give a shit.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

First of all, regarding Pookie, wasn't he poisoned by Victor back in 2008? I thought we stopped seeing him shortly after Nicole started getting involved with EJ that fall. I remmber Nicole being so upset and accusing Victor of being responsible for Pookie getting sick, which I thought ultimately killed the dog, no?

As for the scene, I agree that it wasn't needed. I understand what they were saying and why they wrote the scene in this episode though. They wanted to showcase how Nicole doesn't have anyone left, so she's going to be around the only person that's ever truly loved her, as she said before leaving Daniel and Chloe's. They had to set up the whole pet cemetery angle, which is going to bring Brady and Nicole back into each other's orbits. However, I think it would have been a lot better and more realistic for them to have Nicole at least try to turn to Brandon first and then go to the pet cemetery to be with Pookie. It's known Nicole doesn't have a good relationship with Fay and Taylor. But Brandon has always been there for her and there has been no mention of a falling out between the two. Like I said back when Nicole went to Fay when she kidnapped Sydney, they should at least mention Nicole trying to go to Brandon, just because of their history. That's how they are. My only complaint with those scenes, which I surprisingly enjoyed.

OliveAnn

Having thought about Stephanie/Kayla scenes a bit more, I will admit to being wrong. I guess the choice of words Kayla used bothered me.
Edited by OliveAnn, Sep 27 2010, 03:07 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 27 2010, 03:06 PM
First of all, regarding Pookie, wasn't he poisoned by Victor back in 2008? I thought we stopped seeing him shortly after Nicole started getting involved with EJ that fall. I remmber Nicole being so upset and accusing Victor of being responsible for Pookie getting sick, which I thought ultimately killed the dog, no?

As for the scene, I agree that it wasn't needed. I understand what they were saying and why they wrote the scene in this episode though. They wanted to showcase how Nicole doesn't have anyone left, so she's going to be around the only person that's ever truly loved her, as she said before leaving Daniel and Chloe's. They had to set up the whole pet cemetery angle, which is going to bring Brady and Nicole back into each other's orbits. However, I think it would have been a lot better and more realistic for them to have Nicole at least try to turn to Brandon first and then go to the pet cemetery to be with Pookie. It's known Nicole doesn't have a good relationship with Fay and Taylor. But Brandon has always been there for her and there has been no mention of a falling out between the two. Like I said back when Nicole went to Fay when she kidnapped Sydney, they should at least mention Nicole trying to go to Brandon, just because of their history. That's how they are. My only complaint with those scenes, which I surprisingly enjoyed.
I agree. That was the only issue I had too. I hate that Brandon seems to have been forgotten. It's the same issue I have with so many Carly/Vivian scenes as it seems Nicholas is just as forgotten.

As for Pookie, Nicole thought Victor poisoned him but it was never proven. I vaguely remember a scene with Nicole and EJ where she mentioned it was food poisoning but she acted like he was fine. When Nicole mentioned that Pookie died when she was in prison, I was wondering which prison stay she meant. To me, it makes more sense for it to have been her brief late October/early November 2008 prison stint since Pookie was sick shortly before that but I also seem to remember a scene a few months later in early 2009 where Stefano complained about Pookie being in the house so who knows.

I thought AZ rocked though. Her and NB rocked their scenes together on Friday and today too.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

First of all, regarding Pookie, wasn't he poisoned by Victor back in 2008?

That poisoning or alleged poisoning didn't kill Pookie. I can't remember if Victor admitted it was him or not or if we even knew who did it or if she really was poisoned and not just sick. I do remember being pissed off because Victor and Chelsea both were making fun of Nicole at being upset about her dog and EJ was the only person who was understanding about it. However, even though I don't remember the poisoning details I'm quite sure that Pookie wasn't supposed to have died then. They eventually stopped mentioning her but I don't believe we were ever supposed to think she was dead in 2008.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 27 2010, 01:07 PM
I miss Marlena terribly. She needs to come back.
Miss her too maybe she is the only one who can stop Sami from doing ignorant stuff, but if she was back then they would just put her in a long and drawn out storyline too like this Ejami stuff that has being going on forever. Just when it looks promising by adding Ari to the mix they kill her off.

I hope they do something with Ejami really soon maybe it would not be so boring and tired if they did something more than this dumb I hurt you now you hurt me thing.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I always thought Pookie was female.... :unsure:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Miss Rhi
Sep 27 2010, 06:45 PM
I always thought Pookie was female.... :unsure:
She is.

LovingDays

God i hate rafeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee his fcking annoying i cant stand him

blueskies
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Sep 27 2010, 02:45 PM
Today's episode is one of the worst in a while. The inconsistency with Rafe's character needs to stop. For months they write him as so dumb that it's hard to believe he's actually in the FBI, then today they have him be so smart that he's the only one to see through EJ. Make up your minds wirters; either he is smart or he isn't.

I liked Pookie, but that flashback was unnecessary. Pookie wasn't THAT important of a character. The dialogue in the scene was funny, but the scene itself had no real importance. They should have chosen another scene if they wanted a reaction from us.

The dialogue between Stephanie and Kayla sounded like someone copied a conversation between Sami and Marlena from 1993 and inserted the names Kayla and Stephanie instead. The results: Kayla very tactlessly practically insulting her daughter. Would the real Kayla EVER do that?

In the end, all I can say is kudos to MBE, SH and AZ (especially AZ!) for giving emotional performances in spite of bad writing.
Bite your tongue! lol, Pookie was awesome. And I've been needing closure on that for a while now. :hug:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I find it weird that Nancy hasn't come to visit Chloe yet. Is Patrika Darbo open for a guest appearance when the baby is born?

blueskies
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 27 2010, 06:58 PM
I find it weird that Nancy hasn't come to visit Chloe yet. Is Patrika Darbo open for a guest appearance when the baby is born?
Funny you mention that, actually Amy and Jabie from Daystalk spoke with Patrika Darbo like last weekend, and asked her that same question, and she said she'd love to come back to Days. But they haven't asked her. Sad, b/c I loved Nancy and Craig. At first, I admit I was like, "wait, why is he with her?" But I was in my superficial 12-yr-old phase. It passed quickly and I totally loved them. I would absolutely love to have Craig and Nancy both back on the show. They can be their slightly evil selves at the hospital again, lol. Trying to one-up the Hortons. :cheer: And Chloe TOTALLY needs her mother. I mean, look what's become of her in Nancy's absence!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

blueskies
Sep 27 2010, 07:17 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Sep 27 2010, 06:58 PM
Funny you mention that, actually Amy and Jabie from Daystalk spoke with Patrika Darbo like last weekend, and asked her that same question, and she said she'd love to come back to Days. But they haven't asked her. Sad, b/c I loved Nancy and Craig. At first, I admit I was like, "wait, why is he with her?" But I was in my superficial 12-yr-old phase. It passed quickly and I totally loved them. I would absolutely love to have Craig and Nancy both back on the show. They can be their slightly evil selves at the hospital again, lol. Trying to one-up the Hortons. :cheer: And Chloe TOTALLY needs her mother. I mean, look what's become of her in Nancy's absence!
It would make sense to bring her in as a recurring player for Chloe, because she's being used as a very big frontburner character, yet she has no family ties to Salem.

annie
Member Avatar

got to visit with Patrika some months ago and she would be most open to appearing on the show but hasn't been approached at least not yet. She does musicals with Eric Martsoffs and she is a true doll. She is so funny and very cute. wish they would bring them back.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

FINALLY A NEW PERSON, though I hated Marlena with a passion :P

It is about that Ej wakes up, welcome back :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

lysie
Member Avatar

I wish Chloe and Carly's name weren't so similar.

I also wish that Carly owned neutrally colored clothes.

lysie
Member Avatar

LOL. Did anyone else think of James Scott when Nicole said "inevitable"?

lysie
Member Avatar

I mean, Chloe knows how to twist a knife.

Oh, hey look. Vivian is still in the sarcophagus. I will lead the parade for Brady.

lysie
Member Avatar

EJ, ask Arianna WTH she is doing there?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply