Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 9/27- 10/1
Topic Started: Sep 27 2010, 10:32 AM (15,409 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

RoseVioletDaisy
Oct 2 2010, 03:19 AM
CaseyLovesDays
Oct 1 2010, 11:03 PM
Alligato
Oct 1 2010, 10:58 PM
I am watching Days in HD and the best looking on the show is Maggie...how is that? JKJ looks the worst.
So is Days going to be filmed in HD now? Because I keep hearing it is going to be Days on HD and I am currently watching it in HD...so wth!?
For some reason the HD switch is confusing to me. I just bought a brand new HD TV and Days looks darker, cheaper, and clearer. However I'm not sure if I'm going to see a change in picture when they switch over because I already have an HD TV..
When they start actually broadcasting in HD you should see a big difference, especially if they upgrade their sets and lighting. Even though you're watching Days on an HDTV, the episodes that are airing right now are still in standard definition, 640x480 pixels. When they switch to HD, they'll be broadcasting video shot in 1920x1080 pixels. That means that the picture will be much clearer, crisper, and more detailed than it is now, but only for those watching it on an HDTV.

If you noticed that Days looked different once you started watching it on an HDTV, that's because the way HDTVs process images is different than traditional TVs. Things do tend to look darker on most HDTVs. On alot of HDTVs standard def programming can look a bit hazy, like a blown-up photograph, since a standard def video is much smaller in size than an HD video. Also, some HDTVs stretch square standard def programs to fit the HDTVs widescreen, distorting the proportions of the picture.
Thank you so much! I truly had no idea what the difference was.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Taelyn

Kenny
Oct 2 2010, 09:28 AM
I haven't been around much to gauge fan reaction, but now that Carly has been back for almost a year and she's being used as more of a supporting player, would you say that fans have finally warmed up to her or is she still a character that most people don't like?
I find her 'Tolerable' in her role.. that being a role away from Bo considering they are rarely ever on together.
And I cant accept her with Bo, Like was mentioned If Hope were not on the sjow it might be different, but right ow Carly is a Home wrecker.. And she picked a really bad home home to wreck, and a terrible coiple to mess with.

Now I can accept Carly in Salem, Frankly it will be hard for her to leave now considering she is Mel's mom.
But that means she needs a NEW relationship ... ASAP.

Bo and Hope have plenty to work through and it will be hard enough without an available and pouty Carly around. Instead Carly should fall in love elsewhere, and make it clear that she knows Bo and Hope are meant to be , and wants the best for them... Then, maybe by next year (if its still on) The viewers will believe that Carly is not a threat.
She is a great actress, and a big asset.. She is just wasted in this storyline.

Taelyn

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 2 2010, 09:45 AM
Taelyn
Oct 2 2010, 08:30 AM
CaseyLovesDays
Oct 1 2010, 07:39 PM
I think there clearing out space in Maggie's house for Jennifer.
Im hoping she moves into Grandma Alices Home.
I wish that would happen, but I remember reading in an interview that the cast would feel uncomfortable using the set without Frances. Too many memories. :'(
Possibly, But I think if ANY cast member could pull it off it would be Jennifer, especially if they bring back lots of flashbacks.. It could be part of her inheritence or something.
Edited by Taelyn, Oct 2 2010, 10:16 AM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Taelyn
Oct 2 2010, 10:16 AM
CaseyLovesDays
Oct 2 2010, 09:45 AM
Taelyn
Oct 2 2010, 08:30 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I wish that would happen, but I remember reading in an interview that the cast would feel uncomfortable using the set without Frances. Too many memories. :'(
Possibly, But I think if ANY cast member could pull it off it would be Jennifer, especially if they bring back lots of flashbacks.. It could be part of her inheritence or something.
True but like I said, I think it would just be too painful for the cast, especially for Missy, Kristian, and Suzanne.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kenny
I haven't been around much to gauge fan reaction, but now that Carly has been back for almost a year and she's being used as more of a supporting player, would you say that fans have finally warmed up to her or is she still a character that most people don't like?
Carly is beautiful and tragic and there is so much potential between her and Bo and her and Daniel and hospital drama, etc., but she is stuck opposite deerintheheadlights Chloe and rabiddogteeth Melanie that I just can't watch her. Why?!?! And knowing that Melanie is about to find out that Carly kept Chloe's secret and lied to her and dear old dad, we are about to be exposed to so many "how could you do this to ME ME ME" by Melanie and it will chap my ass! Another character being berated by Melanie.

I am hopng that with the return of BFF Jennifer, Carly will be pulled out of that vortex of suck and put in with other drama worth of her.

And I know that Vivian story is being played as a farce, but I am into it. It's entertaining...which I can't say about half the shit on right now.

Btw, RoseVioletDaisy - thanks for the HD info. I had no clue.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ladyofthelake
Oct 2 2010, 09:06 AM
Dear Ken Corday and Gary Tomlin:
I am so sorry to tell you this, but I'm really tired of the endless Ejami/Safe/Lucas/yada debates. I'm really tired of anything circulating around that jobless, piss-poor-excuse-for-a-mother, gaspy, glittery hoo-ha Sami. Please focus on someone who is worthy of discussion and debate, like Pookie or Henderson. I'll settle for Magic Magstor or anything involving Nicole.
Please and thank you.
Sincerely,
Lady
PS. As long as you leave us Rafe. or send him to HASdays. That could work too.
Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

HASdays
Oct 2 2010, 06:06 PM
ladyofthelake
I am so sorry to tell you this, but I'm really tired of the endless Ejami/Safe/Lucas/yada debates. I'm really tired of anything circulating around that jobless, piss-poor-excuse-for-a-mother, gaspy, glittery hoo-ha Sami. Please focus on someone who is worthy of discussion and debate, like Pookie or Henderson. I'll settle for Magic Magstor or anything involving Nicole.
Please and thank you.
Sincerely,
Lady
One of the highlights for this week for me was hearing EJ finally admitting that he manipulated Sami. Loved it when Stefano said to him, "she ( Sami) manipulated you", and EJ's reply was, "no, fatha, I manipulated her". Finally, and right from the horse's mouth to boot.
Edited by magicsteacher, Oct 2 2010, 06:29 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

magicsteacher
Oct 2 2010, 06:28 PM
HASdays
ladyofthelake
Please and thank you.
Sincerely,
Lady
One of the highlights for this week for me was hearing EJ finally admitting that he manipulated Sami. Loved it when Stefano said to him, "she ( Sami) manipulated you", and EJ's reply was, "no, fatha, I manipulated her". Finally, and right from the horse's mouth to boot.
but he loved Samanthar.

Can we make requests for slow mo shots of EJ's head exploding if he tries that "bleeping monitor" trick again?
Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

HASdays
Oct 2 2010, 06:35 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 2 2010, 06:28 PM
HASdays

but he loved Samanthar.

Can we make requests for slow mo shots of EJ's head exploding if he tries that "bleeping monitor" trick again?
I'm all for it. Talk about manipulating??

cici03

LovingDays
Sep 27 2010, 09:26 PM
MBE was on fire today as SH 2. Wow SH can really act as for Molly not :P

You are so right about that.

cici03

maverick
Sep 28 2010, 06:29 PM
Miss Rhi
Sep 28 2010, 12:43 PM
Phelanie made me think of a felony today and it creeped me out. It felt like Phillip was having an illicit affair with a high schooler.... :x

JS acting from bed is more entertaining so far then Molly Burnett's whining and crying like a little girl.
And what is with the legs she is showing wrapped around the sheets? That is not sexy at all, then again she looks 12. MB definitely got put in the wrong age bracket, she should be in the will/chad age bracket.

I think Phil has had chemistry with alot of his female pairings, this is not one of them.

You hit the nail right on the head -- that leg thing was rediculous -- she looked so stupid. She looked 10.

cici03

Alligato
Sep 28 2010, 11:12 PM
The best part of today's show was JOhnny's last line. That kid could give Ciara a few notes on how to make it all natural. Too cute! I can't stand the way AS/Sami pets her kids like dogs when she talks to them.

I thought that EJ was going to definitely get a personality change after the gunshot...didn't KC say something about brain damage or something? But seems like my man is back to his old pissed off self. And I swear this all reminds me of the last EJami wedding where Sami went into his hospital room to get him to fight and kiss him to make him believe it while she runs off to get cozy with Lucas, er, Rafe. Exact same thing. Except back then, I believed Sami. This time, she is fidgeting, looking around, can't even tell the man she loves him.
I think I am so going to hate this if it drags out longer than a week.
GG was okay today. AS's hair was appalling. Does she actually work in Hollywood where appearances matter? Because that hair was grey/green and fried! Every other woman looked decent with the exception of NBC's golden girl. WTF?

And I am with you, Lysie. WTF was Dan/Kayla about? Apparantly, they worked together before, but I thought MBE left before SC got to Days. I totally didn't get a thing about why they would be interacting at all, and why Kayla thought anything about him was her business. Weird.

Kayla and Daniel had quite a few scenes together. They definitely worked together. Daniel was the one that took care of Bo when they got back from Ireland and Shaun Brady died. Daniel and Kayla were friends and it was Daniel that put her on bedrest when she was pregnant with Joe and Steve was with Ava and Hope in that Vitalli mansion.

Oh yeah, Daniel and Kayla knew each other very well.

cici03

esp13
Sep 28 2010, 11:17 PM
How quickly people forget. Kayla and Daniel were friends and colleagues before Kayla left town. They worked together to save Bo and while they weren't super close, they were friends. I didn't think the interaction was all that strange, honestly.

I agree -- I didn`t find it strange at all.

cici03

JamesScott_19
Oct 1 2010, 07:33 PM
Does anyone miss Steve like I do? I know he is on another show, but he was my favorite :(

I do and he was my favourite too.

cici03

JamesScott_19
Oct 1 2010, 10:42 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Oct 1 2010, 10:36 PM
JamesScott_19
Oct 1 2010, 10:29 PM
When is Philip going to stop taking Melanie for ice cream and find a real woman?
When his affair with Chloe comes out.
Do you think that him and chloe would reunite? I`m not sure about them I kinda miss Philip and Stephanie.

Me too.

cici03

JamesScott_19
Oct 2 2010, 07:38 AM
Mayholidays
Oct 1 2010, 10:44 PM
JamesScott_19
Oct 1 2010, 10:42 PM

Never speak such evil again :jedi: :toetap: ..HATE Stephanie :lol:
I hate Stephanie too, but I kinda have a soft side to her and Philip, they were once my favorite couple :P

I don`t hate Stephanie and I loved Philip & Stephanie together. Hope they get back together soon.

cici03

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 2 2010, 09:43 AM
Kenny
The sad thing about Carly is that I used to love her in the 90's, but I really despise her now. Granted she's much better out of Bo's orbit, and in my opinion Carbo can't work if Hope's still around. It truly only worked when Hope was "dead", and Bo had a broken heart. I am a huge Crystal Chappel fan. I loved her on Guiding Light, Venice, 90's Days, etc. However, what there doing right now just isn't working and people are looking at her as a home wrecker and a murderer. I did enjoy the first two weeks of her return, but after that it truly did fall flat and I got bored with it.

The same thing goes for Vivian. They boxed her into a corner with Carly, and her plotting to kill Melanie. Then right before she tried to kill her, she chickened out. They've made her nothing more than a town joke. They had so many opportunities to work with on her. They could've had her and Kate got at it in some huge business storyline. They could've had her plotting with Stefano to take out someone, or find something, etc. Wasted talent.

Can`t stand her.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i watched Mon-Thursday and it was boring as hell the s/l/s r getting tedious.

Penney
Member Avatar

cici03
Oct 2 2010, 08:38 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Oct 2 2010, 09:43 AM
Kenny
The sad thing about Carly is that I used to love her in the 90's, but I really despise her now. Granted she's much better out of Bo's orbit, and in my opinion Carbo can't work if Hope's still around. It truly only worked when Hope was "dead", and Bo had a broken heart. I am a huge Crystal Chappel fan. I loved her on Guiding Light, Venice, 90's Days, etc. However, what there doing right now just isn't working and people are looking at her as a home wrecker and a murderer. I did enjoy the first two weeks of her return, but after that it truly did fall flat and I got bored with it.

The same thing goes for Vivian. They boxed her into a corner with Carly, and her plotting to kill Melanie. Then right before she tried to kill her, she chickened out. They've made her nothing more than a town joke. They had so many opportunities to work with on her. They could've had her and Kate got at it in some huge business storyline. They could've had her plotting with Stefano to take out someone, or find something, etc. Wasted talent.

Can`t stand her.
I love the character of Carly but hate the way she has been written this time around. She is completely different and almost unrecognizable compared to how she was in the 90s.

Mayholidays

Kenny
Love Carly ...but I always did ...I do wish they would write her a little less ..nice though :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply