Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tue Ratings: 'Parenthood' plummets, NOF off to a good start; 'Glee,' 'Raising Hope' up week 2
Topic Started: Sep 29 2010, 01:49 PM (844 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Viewers
NCIS 18.8 million (-600,000)
Dancing With the Stars 17.2 million
NCIS: Los Angeles 16.8 million (+.2.2 million)
Glee 13.2 million (+800,000)
The Good Wife 13.0 million (n/a)
No Ordinary Family 10.5 million (n/a)
Detroit 1-8-7 9.1 million (-200,000)
Raising Hope 7.7 million (+500,000)
The Biggest Loser 7.1 million (-100,000)
Parenthood 4.8 million (-1.2 million)
Running Wilde 4.7 million (-1.0 million)
One Tree Hill 1.8 million (-100,000)
Life Unexpected 1.6 million (+200,000)

Adults 18-49
Glee 5.8/16 (+.2)
NCIS 4.0/11 (same)
NCIS: Los Angeles 3.7/10 (+.5)
Dancing With the Stars 3.7/10 (+.7)
Raising Hope 3.2/9 (+.1)
No Ordinary Family 3.1/9 (n/a)
The Biggest Loser 2.6/8 (-.3)
The Good Wife 2.5/7 (n/a)
Detroit 1-8-7 2.2/6 (-.1)
Running Wilde 2.1/5 (-.4)
Parenthood 2.0/6 (-.5)
One Tree Hill 0.9/3 (same)
Life Unexpected 0.5/1 (-.2)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Parenthood is one of the best shows on network TV. I'm very disappointed it's performing so poorly this season.

Days4Life

This is very bad news...Parenthood is one of my favorite shows on TV right now. I'm so tired of all the legal shows/police procedurals.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Parenthood should be moved to a different day. Happy to see NCIS still doing so well. I love this show.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I'm afraid Parenthood will get shipped to Friday's once NBC cancels Outlaw.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I wonder how long Detroit 1-8-7 will stick around.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I watched NOF and it was actually pretty good, I plan to watch next week too :)

King
Member Avatar

Parenthood is one of my favorite shows on TV.

I watched Glee cuz I love Britney. I thought it was awful. And I hated their song choices. I know I'm like the only person on the planet who doesn't wet their pants over Glee...whatever. LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think Parenthood would benefit tremendously from a time slot switch. It's a show that families can watch together so why not put it at an earlier time? Perhaps move it to the 8PM slot and have TBL move to the 9PM slot.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'd watch Parenthood live more regularly if it was on at a different time or night. I watched The Good Wife and am happy it's season premiere did so well.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm not sure they could switch it's night. Sunday, Monday and Thursday are highly competitive. Friday and Saturday nights kill shows. Wednesday is a possibility, especially if NBC cancels something on that night, but Parenthood doesn't really work on a night with the Law & Order shows. It works much better on Tuesday night with TBL and, honestly, Tuesdays seem more like a night for family TV anyway. I also can't see Parenthood doing well on Wednesday when ABC would be up against them with that comedy block.

Tuesday at 8 would be best, at least until Idol returns. See if it can get an audience in that slot and hope it can hold it's own once Idol returns.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 30 2010, 04:42 PM.

King
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 30 2010, 04:27 PM
I think Parenthood would benefit tremendously from a time slot switch. It's a show that families can watch together so why not put it at an earlier time? Perhaps move it to the 8PM slot and have TBL move to the 9PM slot.
That's not a bad idea, honestly.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Sad that Parenthood dropped so much. I LOVE that show. Glad to see I'm not alone.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply