Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Best & Worst -- 1999
Topic Started: Oct 1 2010, 04:07 PM (555 Views)
Logan2010

Soap Opera Network

BEST TRIANGLE
AJ/Carly/Jason, GENERAL HOSPITAL

WORST TRIANGLE
Becca/Scott/Greenlee, ALL MY CHILDREN

BEST FANTASIES
Annie Richards, SUNSET BEACH

WORST GIMMICK
Princess Diana, PASSIONS

BEST MURDER MYSTERY
Who Shot Grant?, ANOTHER WORLD

WORST MURDER MYSTERY
Alec Wallace's Murder, AS THE WORLD TURNS

MOST CONFUSING PLOT
Princess Gina, DAYS OF OUR LIVES

MOST SHOCKING PLOT TWIST
Sonny Sleeps With Carly, GENERAL HOSPITAL

BEST REUNION
The Abbotts, YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

BEST RESCUE
Another World Characters Find Life In Oakdale

BEST TEARJERKER
Lucky Spencer's "Death", GENERAL HOSPITAL

WORST TEARJERKER
Grace Davidson's Death, ONE LIFE TO LIVE

MOST ENTERTAINING CHARACTER
Asa Buchanan, ONE LIFE TO LIVE

MOST RUINED CHARACTER
Lucy Coe, PORT CHARLES

BEST RECAST
A Martinez as Roy DiLucca, GENERAL HOSPITAL

BIGGEST WASTE OF TALENT
Anyone Hired Before 1995, GUIDING LIGHT

BEST FRIENDS
Joey and Pacey, DAWSON'S CREEK

MOST REJUVENATED FAMILY
The Baldwins, PORT CHARLES

BEST PARTNERS IN CRIME
Tabitha and Timmy, PASSIONS

BEST FAMILY FEUD
The Forresters, BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

BEST NEW MALE CHARACTER
Prince Richard Winslow, GUIDING LIGHT

BEST NEW FEMALE CHARACTER
Vanessa Bennett, ALL MY CHILDREN

DUMBEST MALE AXING
Michael Nader, ALL MY CHILDREN

DUMBEST FEMALE AXING
Louise Sorel, DAYS OF OUR LIVES

BEST TEEN
Billy Abbott, YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

WORST TEEN
Kay Bennett, PASSIONS

BEST PSYCHO
Derek Evans, SUNSET BEACH

WORST PSYCHO
Brian Harris, ONE LIFE TO LIVE

BEST HERO
Jake McKinnon, ANOTHER WORLD/AS THE WORLD TURNS

BEST HEROINE
Vicky Hudson, AS THE WORLD TURNS

BEST REVENGE
Adam Is Locked Away, ALL MY CHILDREN

WORST REVENGE
Ricardo Goes After Antonio and Gabi, SUNSET BEACH

BEST SECRET
Colby's Paternity, ALL MY CHILDREN

BEST COMEUPPANCE
Carly Loses Everything, AS THE WORLD TURNS

BEST QUADRANGLE
Sami/Austin/Carrie/Mike, DAYS OF OUR LIVES

WORST QUADRANGLE
Ned/Alexis/Jax/Chloe, GENERAL HOSPITAL

BEST VIXEN
Amber Moore, BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

BEST FLASHBACKS
Old Roy, GENERAL HOSPITAL

MOST REALISTIC COUPLE
Kevin Collins and Eve Lambert, PORT CHARLES

BEST GUEST APPEARANCES
Doug and Julie Williams, DAYS OF OUR LIVES

BEST TREND
Bringing Back Old Favorites

WORST TREND
Whitewashing

BEST SOCIAL ISSUE
Abby's Cochlear Implant, GUIDING LIGHT

WORST SOCIAL ISSUE
Taylor's TB, BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

BEST CLIFFHANGER
Felicity's Decision, FELICITY

MOST DISAPPOINTING EXIT
The Finale, ANOTHER WORLD

MOST DARING SHOW
PASSIONS

BEST TEEN STORY
Jessica Buchanan's Baby, ONE LIFE TO LIVE

BEST STORY
Switched At Birth, AS THE WORLD TURNS

WORST STORY
Psychic Espionage, PORT CHARLES

MOST IMPROVED SHOW
BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

MOST DISAPPOINTING SHOW
GUIDING LIGHT

BEST PRIMETIME SHOW
FELICITY

BEST DAYTIME SHOW
YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

misch
Member Avatar

I'm still confused by the Princess Gina story. And for the love of god, who the hell is Greta's father? :huh?:

Manny
Member Avatar

Kay Bennett, worst teen? Hardly... Especially with a brilliant Taylor Anne Mountz in a role.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bremol
Member Avatar

misch
Nov 9 2010, 09:44 PM
I'm still confused by the Princess Gina story. And for the love of god, who the hell is Greta's father? :huh?:
I quit watching DOOL because of that storyline. Complete and utter crap. Not even the actress knew who the heck she was supposed to be (according to an interview she did) how the hell were the viewers supposed to know? And since the rest of the show wasn't all that great...I just gave up.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Bremol
Nov 16 2010, 07:19 PM
misch
I quit watching DOOL because of that storyline. Complete and utter crap. Not even the actress knew who the heck she was supposed to be (according to an interview she did) how the hell were the viewers supposed to know? And since the rest of the show wasn't all that great...I just gave up.
:lol: That's what got me watching DOOL on my own was the Princess Gina storyline. I totally loved it. Before that I only watched during the summer when my babysitter put it on.

And I agree, Kay could hardly have been the worst teen. Taylor Anne Mountz was great. The rest of the Kay's were questionable, but she was awesome.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Bremol
Nov 16 2010, 07:19 PM
misch
Anyone who paid attention to the story knew who she was supposed to be.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

That whole Princess DI SL really turned me off, especially with the accident still fresh in our minds.

But I loved TAM in the role of Kay.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Edge1978
Nov 23 2010, 01:15 PM
That whole Princess DI SL really turned me off, especially with the accident still fresh in our minds.

But I loved TAM in the role of Kay.
I remember my mom and grandma hating those whole Sheridan/Di promos and thinking Passions was a joke. My grandma ended up watching the show which I found funny since she hated the whole supernatural stuff on DAYS in the 90's.

Checkers
Member Avatar

WOW. This list brings back alot of memories. I think I was watching all of the soaps at that time.

The Princess Gina s/l didn't bother me maybe it had to do with the fact that I was in elementary school and didn't care. Though I hated it lasted so long.

The Princess Diana s/l was very strange to me but I loved Passions right away. :lol: I liked the fact that the soap had so many on location scenes in the early days.

Kay was definitely not the worst teenager. Charity was by far the most annoying and worst. I always loved and rooted for Kay. Billy Abbott was definitely the best teenager. Actually Dawson Leery might have been the worst teenager. Pacey and Joey were so much love.

That Felicity cliffhanger was great. Sonny/Carly sleeping together did shock me.

Edited by Checkers, Dec 6 2010, 05:15 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Checkers
Dec 6 2010, 05:13 AM
Kay was definitely not the worst teenager. Charity was by far the most annoying and worst. I always loved and rooted for Kay. Billy Abbott was definitely the best teenager. Actually Dawson Leery might have been the worst teenager. Pacey and Joey were so much love.

Agreed on everything! :D

Kay was so awesome and Charity was SO LAME! I never like Molly Stanton as the goody Charity. She was much more fun when she played Zombie Charity. Billy Abbott as played by David Tom as AMAZING! Loved him! And Dawson Leary was horribly boring and annoying. Pacey and Joey were so much love! :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Manny
Dec 6 2010, 06:23 AM
Checkers
Dec 6 2010, 05:13 AM

Agreed on everything! :D

Kay was so awesome and Charity was SO LAME! I never like Molly Stanton as the goody Charity. She was much more fun when she played Zombie Charity. Billy Abbott as played by David Tom as AMAZING! Loved him! And Dawson Leary was horribly boring and annoying. Pacey and Joey were so much love! :D
I only liked Charity when she was evil. Miguel/Charity were painful. Dawson Leary was boring and whiny. Those Dawson tears always crack me up.

David Tom was amazing!

Checkers
Member Avatar

Quote:

MOST SHOCKING PLOT TWIST
Sonny Sleeps With Carly, GENERAL HOSPITAL

I was so pissed and shocked when this happened. I was yelling at the TV.

Posted Image

In hindsight I wish it never would have happened. :shame:

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

i hated days gina story...cant believe its comin back again!!!why tptp???

CoronaDays
Member Avatar

1999 brings back a lot of memories for me.

The Princess Gina storyline was definitely confusing then in 1999 and 13 years later it still is confusing. I'm not sure why they brought the character back. Glad it's over...hopefully we won't see a return of PG and The Pawn. Hopefully they'll bring back Greta and solve the mystery of her paternity.

Agree with SOD on best quadrangle. To date, Sami/Austin/Carrie/Mike storyline is still my favourite soap quadrangle. I miss the Days was Sami was scheming to get Austin and Carrie was torn between Austin and Mike. Today, I find Sami really boring and Carrie seems to made her mind up about Rafe. I miss the old Days...

I'd have to disagree with SOD on the Worst Quadrangle. I thought the Ned/Alexis/Jax/Chloe storyline was hilarious and brought out the comedic side in Wally Kurth, Nancy Lee Grahn, Ingo Rademacher and Tava Smiley - but that's just me.

I remember hating Kay on Passions but I wouldn't say she was the worst teen in 1999. Wonder what they said about her? I loved Miguel and Charity - they were so cute together! I

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

The Princess Gina SL~ (DAYS)
It was amazing and I'll never forget it. I spanned from november 1998-early 2000. I loved seeing KA being front & center in a SL with Peter Reckell. Her transformation was also amazing going back & forth with Hope flashbacks & newly created Gina flashbacks. The editing was flawless when you saw it!

Dumbest axing ~ Louise Sorel (DAYS)
Absolutely true! I despised it so much. Ivan winning the lottery and whisking his Madame away around the world. I did love that they left together, but I missed them SO much aftewards!

Best Guest Appearances ~ Doug & Julie (DAYS)
They're amazing! They bring so much rich history with them when they're visiting Salem. Their scenes with Hope are always a pleasure to watch!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply