Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'My Generation' gets the ax!
Topic Started: Oct 1 2010, 10:25 PM (681 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

'My Generation' gets the ax at ABC
by Lynette Rice

An angsty new drama at ABC became the second casuality of the 2010-11 TV season today. ABC has confirmed that it put the kibosh on My Generation, an ensemble series about a group of youths who attended a suburban high school together. The drama attracted 5.17 million viewers when it premiered a week ago but dropped to 3.82 million on Thursday.

The network also stopped production on future episodes. For now, itís unclear how ABC will fill the timeslot.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I saw this coming from the moment I saw the 1st promo for the series.

King
Member Avatar

Ditto!

It reminded me of that show on Showtime a long time ago...Leap Years? Or whatever it was called.

I didn't watch this, but it looked bad. LOL.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Never even heard of it.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

So that's LONE STAR & MY GENERATION. IMO, I think it's a footrace between OUTLAW & THE WHOLE TRUTH for the next goner. Interestingly, I think CBS has done pretty well so far with it's new shows.

Mason
Member Avatar

CBS doesn't even have to put any effort into their new shows. They know that as long as it's a crime/procedural drama and it's on their network, people will watch it (why, I have no idea, but that seems to be the way it is).

King
Member Avatar

Oh god, Outlaw is terrible, I think. And based on the Whole Truth's ratings, I would say both of those are good predictions.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

King
Oct 1 2010, 10:58 PM
Oh god, Outlaw is terrible, I think. And based on the Whole Truth's ratings, I would say both of those are good predictions.
I actually like Whole Truth and really like the premise. It just needs a little oomph.

sungrey

I'll say this much, I thought CBS was taking a big risk by shuffling around its shows and adding new ones. So far everything appears to have worked.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

King
Oct 1 2010, 10:58 PM
Ever since Jimmy Smitts left NYPD Blue he's given me the creeps and every time I see a promo for his new show I feel like hurling.

I've wanted to tune into The Whole Truth but I don't want to get interested in a show that's more likely then not going to be canned soon.

King
Member Avatar

I didn't see the Whole Truth, but the cast looks good.

I love Jimmy Smits. I thought Cane was amazing. So mad at CBS for not renewing that!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

For me The Whole Truth is the BEST new show,if that gets canned I'll be very angry.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I tuned into The Whole Truth simply because of Maura Tierney and I liked it. I do see the writing on the wall though. I would say change it to another night but I doubt that would help. It's probably DOA, which means I have to hope Tierney finds work on another show. I feel horrible she had to bow out of Parenthood because at least that will be still around but her health comes first.

My Generation got promoted ALOT in the early part of summer. Everytime I went to the movies my theater was showing a promo for it. Then, all of a sudden, weeks went by with no promotion. Maybe they still aired promos on ABC but, outside of that, I saw nothing and that is not going to get a new show over with audiences.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

My Generation was horrible, I didn't like the filming style.

Undercovers could be cancelled too. That show is just bad all around, had high hopes for it.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Eric83
Oct 3 2010, 08:59 AM
My Generation was horrible, I didn't like the filming style.

Undercovers could be cancelled too. That show is just bad all around, had high hopes for it.
You don't like Undercovers?!?! I LOVE Undercovers! For me, it's like the love child of Alias and Hart to Hart! :wub:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I enjoy Undercovers too.

I do think one of the reasons it hasn't taken off though is because the main characters are already together. Very rarely do shows do well in that case. I think if the main characters were estranged or ex-lovers who slowly get brought back together or something it would've helped.

Cupcake06

I also liked what I saw of Undercovers. It helps that the guy is hottttttttttttttt, yes! ;)

I thought My Generation was ok, too. It managed to hold my interest...maybe that had to do with the fact that I graduated high school in 2001. It was cool hearing some of the music that was popular at the time...memories! But I knew it would be cancelled. Maybe not so soon, but I knew it would be when I first heard about it.

King
Member Avatar

I took Undercovers off the DVR without watching it. I dunno. Something about it didn't click with me just from what I read about it, and my Wednesday's are already packed.

Maybe I will DVD it someday!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply