Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 10/4-10/8
Topic Started: Oct 3 2010, 02:31 PM (15,312 Views)
cici03

jane1978
Oct 8 2010, 02:20 PM
OMG, that slap was perfect! Seen only Mo through Th so far but Iīm loving it. Best week in months, even better than Sami shooting EJ (too much filler between). This is really intensive and Molly, Shelley, MBE and everyone else involved is doing wonderfull job. Yes, Molly sometime overacts in emotional scenes, but thatīs hardly anything new and certainly no worse than certain so called experienced actor. She still has incredible screen presence, perfect timing and I just loved that inner hate which shooted through her eyes when she confronted Nathan and Chloe.

Shelley needs to stay in this mode forever, she was so wasted playing a heroine. When she scolded Adrienna and stomped away I was like whoa! And her scenes with MBE are perfect.

I really hope Daniel and Chloe will find a way to stay together even when itīs eventually revelaed the baby is Phillipīs. They are just so in love and Chloe is actually tolerable for me when she is with him. I think if the writers ever wanted reunite Phillip and Chloe they waited too long. We never saw there is any kind of feelings between them beside the ONS and their fear it will come out. This is cry far from the way they usually write baby swtiches and WTD stories (see Belle and Shawn), so I think the outcome will be different too.
I agree with everything you have said except the Molly stuff. She is a horrible actress. That didn`t start now it started when she got hired. That coniving little brat act wore out pretty much too. She needs lessons.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cici03

Virgo Twins
Oct 8 2010, 06:02 PM
I just remembered that I wanted to say Gus's twisted shrine to Vivian what was that all about??? :wtf: :what: :huh?:

I was sooooo sick of Chloe and Melanie and their whining today. Don't really get why Mel is gonna be so mad at Carly (though I am not a Carly fan) when she is going to keep this secret for Chloe too. I wonder why Mel always makes things about her and only her just like her arch enemy Stephanie Johnson.

Sorry, I don`t think I`ve ever seen Stephanie make anything about her. I don`t see a huge ego there. Unlike Melanie who has the biggest ego on the show. EVERYTHING IS ABOUT MELANIE.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

OK, that game is FUCKIN AWESOME! I think that's why DAYS sucks....all the intelligent people were thinking up the game format while Dena stayed over there and recycled the scripts!

I bet if they put someone playing this game for an hour, it would get better ratings!

(off to play.....Brady..you're mean!! LOL)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Am I the only one who noticed that the entire time Kate was trying to assure Chad she didn't want to jump his bones, NOT ONCE did she EVER give the reason being that she was old enough to be his grandmother. Her only excuse was that she was a happily married woman. That makes me think that if she and Steffie split, old biddy Kate might want to find out if that young piece of chicken is really finger licking good.

dooldooldool

Matt
Oct 9 2010, 01:26 AM
Am I the only one who noticed that the entire time Kate was trying to assure Chad she didn't want to jump his bones, NOT ONCE did she EVER give the reason being that she was old enough to be his grandmother. Her only excuse was that she was a happily married woman. That makes me think that if she and Steffie split, old biddy Kate might want to find out if that young piece of chicken is really finger licking good.
Not likely. At some point there will be another twist. Most likely, that Kate and "Dear Maddie" were estranged sisters. There's absolutely no reason why Kate is/was feeling so maternal toward Chad. Pure speculation, but it would explain why Kate spent 4-5 episodes mooning over Madeline's newspaper obituary. And musing aloud to herself that Chad is "part of her family". Chad is her nephew.

We know so very little about Kate's backstory. We've never met/heard anything of her past, aside from the Bill Affair, the Curtis Abuse, and High Priced Hooker. Where's her mother? Her father? Are they dead? No siblings? Makes perfect sense that high-flying Early 1980s hooker Kate was visited by her younger sister, who was introduced to Stefano, warned to stay away from him, fell back under the Stefano Spell in the late 1980s, and had Chad in 1990.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
Oct 8 2010, 11:13 PM
Paxton
Oct 8 2010, 11:12 PM
It won't load for me either; too bad, it sounds like fun.
Brady's arms make an appearance. :wub:
Damn. Between this and Farmville, I'll NEVER get my housework done!

jane1978

Just saw Friday and I think the Mel/Chloe scenes were REALLY GOOD. I didnīt see any screeching or overacting from Molly and I liked the way Chloe shooted back. I was surprised how smart Melanie was and quickly figured everything out. (father Matt absence, the postponed wedding). This writing team is really good at using and remembering little plot points from way back. Chloe is lucky Mel has no idea she actually tried to murder her mum too. Chloe just glossed over it and fortunatelly, Mel was too focused on the Daniel thing.

Loved when Chloe decided to use the little sister/brother card and Mel started to question the fatherhood. Very realistic moment. But Chloe giving Carly out when she saw how upset Mel already is? Not nice. I know she was desperate and everything, but Carly saved her butt so many times she should think twice before dragging her in it.

Anyway, I admit Molly went little overboard in her one scene with Nathan, but Friday was IMO perfectly acted, very intensive and emotional confrontation both Molly and Nadia can be really proud of. Not sure what made you think it was so terrible. I enjoyed it a lot.

Bradyclan

Just caught up with thursday show and I must say that MBE being back is refreshing . She also really help Stephanie's character as well as SH.
SH is improving everyday. I really feel for Steph.

As for the Mate scenes. Gosh they were horrible. Nathan never caught on even after more than year of being on the show. He's a dull character.

MB was overacting. She's really bad in dramatic situations.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Matt
my bet is that there is another twist that has Steffy and Katie making baby Chaddy a while back..doesn't make sense I know...but neither do many things in Salem
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Bradyclan
Oct 9 2010, 10:42 AM
Just caught up with thursday show and I must say that MBE being back is refreshing . She also really help Stephanie's character as well as SH.
SH is improving everyday. I really feel for Steph.

As for the Mate scenes. Gosh they were horrible. Nathan never caught on even after more than year of being on the show. He's a dull character.

MB was overacting. She's really bad in dramatic situations.
Yes, MBE is a dose of sanity on this show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

LuvingLumi
Oct 9 2010, 01:21 PM
Matt
my bet is that there is another twist that has Steffy and Katie making baby Chaddy a while back..doesn't make sense I know...but neither do many things in Salem
I wasn't meaning to imply any sort of parentage twist, only that Kate's primary reason not to be interested in Chad is that SHE'S TOO FUCKING OLD FOR HIM! The woman has a GRANDSON who went to school with Chad! The fact that argument/reason didn't even enter into Kate's vocabulary implies to me that young Chad would be fair game for her if she weren't "happily married".

Deleted User
Deleted User

Matt
Oct 9 2010, 02:49 PM
LuvingLumi
Matt
I wasn't meaning to imply any sort of parentage twist, only that Kate's primary reason not to be interested in Chad is that SHE'S TOO FUCKING OLD FOR HIM! The woman has a GRANDSON who went to school with Chad! The fact that argument/reason didn't even enter into Kate's vocabulary implies to me that young Chad would be fair game for her if she weren't "happily married".
And young Chad would be the one in her debt. I still think the Koz is a hot woman. Much better than the Pippy Longstocking reject he's doing now.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Matt
LuvingLumi
Matt
would be ok if it were a much older man and a non-jail-bait woman?
Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 8 2010, 08:50 PM
I wish Chloe had said, "You're right, I cheated, okay? And it was YOUR husband that I fucked. Happy?"
Oh Paxton, how you always manage to make me laugh through the most boring storylines. :hail: I would give up all my future retirement earnings just to hear Chloe actually say this to Melanie.

Sariah
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 9 2010, 05:20 AM
lysie
Paxton
Oct 8 2010, 11:12 PM
It won't load for me either; too bad, it sounds like fun.
Brady's arms make an appearance. :wub:
Bah. Housework is overrated. I say play games. :D

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I don't like Kate's haircut.

Deleted User
Deleted User

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 9 2010, 09:21 PM
I don't like Kate's haircut.
LK's hair looked really nice at that Emmy event. Whoever does hair on DOOL has to have been snagged from Supercuts down the street. ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

Melanie needs to stop being such a crybaby. Bring back the 'bad' girl she was. Go back to Titan instead of being a nurse. It fit her sooo much better.

lysie
Member Avatar

HASdays
Oct 9 2010, 05:52 PM
Matt
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
would be ok if it were a much older man and a non-jail-bait woman?
Is Matt even saying that it's a big deal? I mean, it's not a big deal because it's not happening. The fact is that the first reason Kate should have for not being interested in him is that he's too young. It's strange that she's given him other reasons and hasn't even mentioned that she's old enough to be his grandmother.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sariah
Oct 9 2010, 08:37 PM
ladyofthelake
Oct 9 2010, 05:20 AM
lysie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Bah. Housework is overrated. I say play games. :D

or chat it up with imaginary people on the internet! talking about even more imaginary people!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply