Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Charmed
Topic Started: Oct 5 2010, 07:08 PM (1,421 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

I love Charmed: Love Piper & Leo and Pure :)

lene
Member Avatar

Ahh, this was my obsession growing up... :laugh:

Loved S1-6. Chris saved S6. Didn't like S7 and especially S8. Kaley is a great actress, but Billie was horrible. And overexposed.
And the show became much "lighter" over the years. I liked it better when it was darker and more drama (Phoebe burning, loved one dying..etc) ;)

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

lene
Jun 10 2011, 11:00 AM

Loved S1-6. Chris saved S6. Didn't like S7 and especially S8. Kaley is a great actress, but Billie was horrible. And overexposed.
And the show became much "lighter" over the years. I liked it better when it was darker and more drama (Phoebe burning, loved one dying..etc) ;)
Personally, I think seasons 1-4 were the best. The show took a hit loosing Shannon Doherty in the fourth season, but at least they had strong storylines and introduced Paige well. It was also an extremely dark season, which I much preferred over the fifth season format. I still liked the show after 1-4, but it greatly diminished in quality. Season eight was horrendous though. Worst season by far, and the whole Billie/Christie storyline was stupid. Just show's that the networks shouldn't interfere much. LOL. Who was your favorite character?

lene
Member Avatar

Casey
Jun 10 2011, 02:35 PM
lene

Personally, I think seasons 1-4 were the best. The show took a hit loosing Shannon Doherty in the fourth season, but at least they had strong storylines and introduced Paige well. It was also an extremely dark season, which I much preferred over the fifth season format. I still liked the show after 1-4, but it greatly diminished in quality. Season eight was horrendous though. Worst season by far, and the whole Billie/Christie storyline was stupid. Just show's that the networks shouldn't interfere much. LOL. Who was your favorite character?
I only included S5 because there were some awesome episodes that season. But yeah, overall... it wasn't great. The nymphs, and leprechauns was ridiculous. Definitely better when it was darker and scarier.
Billie and Christie were terrible. I can't believe THEY were the girls' "Final EPIC battle" :rolleyes: So disappointing.
My favorite character was Piper. Most of the time anyways. Who was yours?

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Casey
Jun 10 2011, 02:35 PM
lene

Agreed. I enjoyed the series as a whole, but those first four seasons are the best.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

I watch this show till sd left the show.

MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

Loved Charmed ;) I liked Piper and Phoebe, big time Alyssa Milano fan :) and of course loved Shannen since her 90210 days. :)
Edited by MaterialGurl, May 17 2012, 11:43 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

My one big fault with Charmed was the fact that we never actually saw Prue die on camera. They really should have had alternate endings taped just in case Doherty did decide to leave the series for good. "All Hell Breaks Lose" is one of my favorite episodes, but I HATED the way the season four opener immediately skipped past everything with two simple lines covering it all.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I actually think the show was at its best from seasons 3-6. I found 1 and 2 pretty dry, especially when all they did was sit around that ugly restaurant.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

I love Charmed! Have all 8 seasons on dvd, and my favorite seasons are 1-4. I thought the way Paige was introduced was excellent. I like season 5, but like another poster said- Chris saved season 6 for me too. Liked season 7 & absolutely detest season 8. Only reason I have it is because of the series finale.

I love episodes where Grams, their mother & father come for a visit.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

How could I have possibly missed this thread??? Charmed is the ONLY TV show that I watched from the first episode until the final without missing any episodes (during the original run). I have all DVDs on disk including the VHS for the Unaired Pilot as well as the TV Guide covers celebrating the 100th episode.

I watch the Charmed reruns but I tend to skip over Season 7 and 8. Phoebe was ridiculous during these 2 seasons with her constant finding love saga (Yawn). Prue was my favorite until Season 4 then it became Piper, HMC was fantastic.

I remember seeing a lot of people confused when Charmed Again aired, they thought they missed an episode between AHBL and CA because of how Shannen's departure was handled, which I say Poorly.
Edited by Edge1978, Jan 9 2013, 03:50 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Edge1978
Jan 9 2013, 03:49 PM
I remember seeing a lot of people confused when Charmed Again aired, they thought they missed an episode between AHBL and CA because of how Shannen's departure was handled, which I say Poorly.
Exactly! As I mentioned above, I believe it's one of the series biggest flaws. Shannen should have either pre-filmed a death scene in anticipation for not returning or the producers should have gotten her back to film one before the production of season four - even if there was bad blood. Alyssa Milano wouldn't have even been needed as Phoebe was "trapped in the underworld" after the Source reversed time (another plot that made NO sense given that she was there in the first episode of the next season. How did she get back?) It was completely ridiculous to kill off one of the three main stars via conversation. We should have seen Piper's reaction, etc.

With that being said, season four actually ended up being my favorite season. Lol.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I loved Charmed. I agree that the earlier seasons were better. It did start to get out there in the last two seasons. Piper was my favorite and I liked her with Leo. I am a big HMC fan. She is the reason I started watching Pretty Little Liars.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Casey
Jan 9 2013, 04:30 PM
Edge1978
Exactly! As I mentioned above, I believe it's one of the series biggest flaws. Shannen should have either pre-filmed a death scene in anticipation for not returning or the producers should have gotten her back to film one before the production of season four - even if there was bad blood. Alyssa Milano wouldn't have even been needed as Phoebe was "trapped in the underworld" after the Source reversed time (another plot that made NO sense given that she was there in the first episode of the next season. How did she get back?) It was completely ridiculous to kill off one of the three main stars via conversation. We should have seen Piper's reaction, etc.

With that being said, season four actually ended up being my favorite season. Lol.
i think every thing about prue was handle her death and everything else
i find it every annoying in last episode we did not just saw the regulars we saw white and chris as adults and babies and the their dead mother and grandma proving they no problem bring dead people and yet no prue
and i agree with everyone the first seasons was the best

btw from what i heard Shannen did not came back to last episode not because people on show had problem with but tori had problem with it and vetoit
anyone know if that was true

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Edge1978
How could I have possibly missed this thread??? Charmed is the ONLY TV show that I watched from the first episode until the final without missing any episodes (during the original run). I have all DVDs on disk including the VHS for the Unaired Pilot as well as the TV Guide covers celebrating the 100th episode.

I watch the Charmed reruns but I tend to skip over Season 7 and 8. Phoebe was ridiculous during these 2 seasons with her constant finding love saga (Yawn). Prue was my favorite until Season 4 then it became Piper, HMC was fantastic.

you right she had jason dean and Leslie St. Claire and there was Drake dč Mon and than there was Dex Lawson only in end they brought cupid because Phoebe need to believe love againit became funny because it was so ridiculous
i thought Phoebe will end up with cole because he was the most constant guy she had unlike paige that did not have one

Jen
Member Avatar

I remember this show - I started to watch it in December 2005 after my friend had talked about it for a while and when I did, it was like I couldn´t stop watching. I became a big fan of Alyssa Milano and Holly Marie Combs

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Make it happen, CBS!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply