Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:At A Glance:Rafe
Topic Started: Oct 7 2010, 01:00 PM (8,071 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW: Were you like, Finally? when you read in the script that Sami would be confessing to Rafe?
GG: Any time you’re playing a character who’s supposed to be smart, and then you’re chasing your tail, of course you want to find out the truth! I was hoping that Rafe was going to sort of know all along and be throwing out decoys and red herrings to everyone in Salem, but that was not the case. I was happy when he found out, and that it didn’t go on for too long. The setup was good. Rafe thought Sami was in bed with him [during shooting], so there was a legitimate reason for him to think she couldn’t have done it. He had something concrete in that regard.

SOW: So he wasn’t just being naive or a fool for love?
GG: Exactly. And who knew Rafe was such a sound sleeper? That was the biggest revelation of the whole case.

SOW: What are your thoughts about Rafe quitting the FBI, so he won’t have a conflict of interest and Sami can come clean?
GG: It’s pretty huge, and it’s certainly a selfless act. Rafe’s dedicated his life to this. Now he’s like, ok, forget it. Obviously Rafe doesn’t want to be in this situation but he feels like it’s the best possible way to deal with this. Rafe’s impetus was to protect his family, whether it was Sami [or Will who shot EJ].

SOW: When Sami comes clean, is there understanding?
GG: Yes. She’s the one who’s been tormented and tormented by EJ. If anyone was going to snap, it would be her; especially based on what she told him – that EJ was going to take her kids and run. Who wouldn’t snap?

SOW: So Rafe suggest that he Sami and Will make a pact to keep what happened a secret between them, right?
GG: Rafe’s left his job. Now he’s pledging to protect this girl no matter what. He has to get some guidelines. Knowing Sami and her ability to spread the word, he’s got to try to keep things under wraps. SO Rafe hammers the point to Sami and Will that no one can ever know the truth. Whether or not that works out, we’ll see.

SOW: Were there any funny moments taping these pact scenes?
GG: Well, they were funny in that when you tell Sami “Don’t do this” she usually goes and does the opposite things. She doesn’t know when to shut up. SO if Rafe really wanted her to keep quiet, he probably should have told her to do the exact opposite!

http://www.rogue-ejami.com/2010/10/07/sow-at-a-glance-summary-rafe/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Oct 7 2010, 01:00 PM
SOW: What are your thoughts about Rafe quitting the FBI, so he won’t have a conflict of interest and Sami can come clean?
GG: It’s pretty huge, and it’s certainly a selfless (and stupid…sorry we couldn’t resist) act.
May I assume, given the source, that this is an editorial comment and not in the actual interview?

Helpless Romantic

Great interviw thanks for posting! :)
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 7 2010, 01:21 PM.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

Thanks for sharing Angie. So, a major cover up is going to be started by Rafe, so justice doesn't apply to Sami, just what I thought about the Rafe character. <yawn>. Next time, if I hear him talk about certain people needing to pay for their crimes, I am going to scream shut the fuck up Rafe.

Vicky4Mimi

SOW: When Sami comes clean, is there understanding?
GG: Yes. She’s the one who’s been tormented and tormented by EJ. If anyone was going to snap, it would be her; especially based on what she told him – that EJ was going to take her kids and run. Who wouldn’t snap?

Rafe gets it. I love this. We don't even know if Rafe knows about Ej raping Sami--but he knows enough to know that Ej deserves to be shot--and left for dead.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Dakota
Oct 7 2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for sharing Angie. So, a major cover up is going to be started by Rafe, so justice doesn't apply to Sami, just what I thought about the Rafe character. <yawn>. Next time, if I hear him talk about certain people needing to pay for their crimes, I am going to scream shut the fuck up Rafe.
why should EJ get justice? He never worries about it. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

HASdays
Oct 7 2010, 01:55 PM
Dakota
why should EJ get justice? He never worries about it. :)
He never gets whats coming to him and isn't worried because of his Dimera entitlement of only I can do bad but how dare anyone else cross me type of thing. ;)

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Dakota
That is so true why should everyone but Sami has to pay for their crimes. What makes her so special that she gets to have this huge cover up that gets his own sister killed. If Ari's death does have something to do with his how will be feel about protecting Sami then. True E.J. does need to pay for what he did, but so does Sami just like Hope is doing now and Arianna and Nicole did when they were in jail. Now her son is involved and he may have to do time if it comes out he is an accessory after the fact and Rafe himself is willing to give up everything including his job and maybe his freedom to protect Sami.

His favorite line is "DiMera has to pay", but so should his precious finance no matter what E.J. did you just can't shooting someone in the head like that.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Virgo Twins
Oct 7 2010, 02:02 PM
Dakota
That is so true why should everyone but Sami has to pay for their crimes. What makes her so special that she gets to have this huge cover up that gets his own sister killed. If Ari's death does have something to do with his how will be feel about protecting Sami then. True E.J. does need to pay for what he did, but so does Sami just like Hope is doing now and Arianna and Nicole did when they were in jail. Now her son is involved and he may have to do time if it comes out he is an accessory after the fact and Rafe himself is willing to give up everything including his job and maybe his freedom to protect Sami.

His favorite line is "DiMera has to pay", but so should his precious finance no matter what E.J. did you just can't shooting someone in the head like that.
Nicole to Brady: you put a live human being in a coffin
Brady: no, I put Vivian in there.

Same rules for EJ. Justice doesn't apply to him, so justice shouldn't apply to anyone who attacks him.
Quote Post Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

Virgo Twins
Dakota

Exactly, you get my point while others obviously didn't. It is just more EJ hate as far as I can see, which I think it is very deserving. However, what I get is that the same rules don't apply to Sami. I could care less about Sami, EJ, and Rafe, but it shouldn't be just the evil Dimera that has to pay too. The same shit applies to Sami Brady too and even the saintly Rafe Hernandez. However, his halo is becoming more tarnished by the day, might as well give him a pitch fork and horns to go along with the Dimeras (except Tony and Leixi, and the young children) and Sami Brady.
Edited by Dakota, Oct 7 2010, 02:17 PM.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

HASdays
Oct 7 2010, 02:04 PM
Virgo Twins
Dakota

Nicole to Brady: you put a live human being in a coffin
Brady: no, I put Vivian in there.

Same rules for EJ. Justice doesn't apply to him, so justice shouldn't apply to anyone who attacks him.
So, when did you become judge and juror in regards to EJ and how justice doesn't apply to him, but it does to Sami. :D

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Paxton
Oct 7 2010, 01:11 PM
It’s pretty huge, and it’s certainly a selfless (and stupid…sorry we couldn’t resist) act.
HAH! Even SOW agrees. Why does he feel the need to quit the F.B.I before Sami tells him..?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

What was it Rafe said to EJ a few months back? "The truth always comes out"?

That's right, asshole...here's hoping it's sooner rather than later. :flipoff:

six
Member Avatar

Dakota
QFT. He's a strange 'hero.' I'll bet no one will mind this cover up, either.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

SocRMum1
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8430364&t=8378922
What was it Rafe said to EJ a few months back? "The truth always comes out"?

Safe in a jail cell sounds good too, maybe they can have their wedding there. :lol:

six
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8430365&t=8378922
Dakota

What is QFT? The rest I agree with, but he is no hero in my book, but a turd now.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

QFT = :qft:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

SocRMum1
Oct 7 2010, 02:15 PM
Sami in handcuffs will be the best thing they've done in years. I'll be a Days cheerleader at the set as Sami is dragged off to meet her fate.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

SocRMum1
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8430368&t=8378922
QFT = :qft:

Thank you , I need to brush up on my internet vocabulary.

CaseyLovesDays
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8430369&t=8378922
SocRMum1
Oct 7 2010, 02:15 PM
Sami in handcuffs will be the best thing they've done in years. I'll be a Days cheerleader at the set as Sami is dragged off to meet her fate.

Me too, it is about time.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Dakota
Oct 7 2010, 02:22 PM

Me too, it is about time.
Sadly, she'll get off for temporary insanity, and if that happens I'll be pissed. What would you call Hope's condition then, and she's sitting in a cell?

six
Member Avatar

Dakota
Oct 7 2010, 02:19 PM
SocRMum1, htt [quote=six
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8430365&t=8378922
Dakota

What is QFT? The rest I agree with, but he is no hero in my book, but a turd now.

He's never been a hero in my book, either, but they keep trying to get us to buy the idea that he is.

And yea, I'm quoting you, because you're right. ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply