Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Coronation Street Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:55 AM (12,030 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

The fun of old is definitely gone.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

And now that Liz has left the cobbles, I'm out!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Ah I miss Blanche.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

So I'm rather disapointed that this ever depressing regime has wrecked Jamie and Violet.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

And they totally botched the Todd return. There were so many better reasons for Todd hating to come back to Weatherfield than "my boyfriend's posh." The main one being the complete mess he made of so many peoples lives when he lived there, that he felt shame / guilt in showing his face again (especially in the Rovers).

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Did they seriously just have John pull a Michael Myers?! Bloody hell.

CarlD2

Drew
Apr 25 2011, 05:43 PM
And they totally botched the Todd return. There were so many better reasons for Todd hating to come back to Weatherfield than "my boyfriend's posh." The main one being the complete mess he made of so many peoples lives when he lived there, that he felt shame / guilt in showing his face again (especially in the Rovers).
Todd's return was one of the biggest pieces of crap I've ever seen on a soap. They casually destroyed the close relationship Todd had with his mother all his life. He never would have been ashamed of his mother. Her behavior was bizarre (and another example of the show no longer getting Eileen - they haven't in years) and it was beyond depressing that the ONLY reason he made up with her is because his rich boyfriend ordered him to.

They clearly have no plans to bring Todd back and were using this to explain why.

Sean's story was almost as bad, ignoring his many flaws which drove Violet and Marcus away, and turning Violet into a homophobe in order to give failed attempts at making Sean sympathetic.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I haven't made it that far yet! I'm in April! There are some things I'm enjoying and a few that I could do without! I like that they stopped writing Tracy as Cruella Devlle! She's still a bad girl but I've always liked her! Kylie has few redeeming qualities beyond driving Becky and Gail nuts but I'm enjoying her too! And it's good to have Tommy Duckworth around! 'Justin' looks better on Corrie!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I'm loving Roy's mother, the miserable battle-axe! She reminds me a little of Ena Sharples! But my mom loved the actress on WAITING FOR GOD so it cheers me to see that familiar, dour face!!

brandi

hi im brandi from canada im new here loveed coronation street for years we are up to becky and steve buying max from kaylie would like to kick her butt!!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

brandi
Aug 21 2011, 01:46 PM
hi im brandi from canada im new here loveed coronation street for years we are up to becky and steve buying max from kaylie would like to kick her butt!!
You're soon going to want to do worse!! I'm up to June right now and closing in on July! I'm enjoying the show even if I'd love them to "tweak" a couple of things!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I'm surprised to find myself really enjoying the show! Some characters have outlived their usefulness( Becky, Kevin, Sean) and are grating but I really love the relationship between Roy and his mother! Sylvia is a great character! I love that they brought Dennis Tanner back! And I really didn't see the twist with James coming!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Awwww! Another great one is gone! Betty Driver passed away! She made it to 91 but I'll miss the oldest bar maid in London! RIP!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Nooooo!

Queen B
Member Avatar

Even though we all know Tracy is a devious bitch , i'm feeling awful for her right now.

Seems like everyone on the street is 'team Tracy' now. WoW.. I'v missed a lot !

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Just came across this. Is this an actual thing?

Posted Image

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Probably. They periodically make straight-to-dvd movies featuring past and present characters. I remember downloading but not ever watching one where they sent Cilla to Africa.

I miss Cilla ...
Edited by Drew, Jan 31 2012, 08:33 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I tuned back in to see the return of Terry Duckworth and caught Betty's farewell! The show did a good job and I liked Stellas' silent tribute!

CarlD2

I would have liked it more if they'd remembered her sister, and not pointlessly rewritten history (which basically meant she caused her best friend Bet to be run out of town in shame instead of giving her the pub), and not focused on vile wastes of airtime like Kylie and Tina. The whole thing was an afterthought, with a few bits thrown together at the end to hide it - similar to the poor exit Liz had. I don't think Phil Collinson cares about the show or its history. I think his only interest with Betty's passing was to make sure Stella and Sean got even more airtime.
Edited by CarlD2, Apr 23 2012, 05:18 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm not entirely sure what to think about Corrie, yet. It's kinda... dull (to be honest). Marcus is a little hottie. Sean, however, is a DRAMA QUEEN (emphasis on "queen"). Marcus can do better. Sean is annoying. Gary is a hawt little ginger. So the primary storyline right now is a building war between taxi cab companies? mmmkay I do like Eileen, though. The actress reminds me a LOT of Jean Smart.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply