Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Coronation Street Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:55 AM (9,504 Views)
Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Haha, poor you for this being your first week. Steve is the epitome of a played out character. Oh, and Sean has always been a terrible, terrible pain in the ass.

Things are much better on the Street when the Carla/Peter/Leanne story is front and center. The Kirsty/Tyrone story is one of the better ones as well. (You won't have met them just yet as they're away on holiday)
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jul 4 2012, 08:00 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

MONDAY, JULY 2, 2012

WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2012

THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012

FRIDAY, JULY 6, 2012

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CarlD2

Just watch old episodes. Phil Collinson has ruined Corrie. It's become a bitter, nasty, fake show, full of stunt stories that go nowhere. He can't even write for his pets - Stella is wooden and still sticks out like a sore thumb. Sean is worse than ever, yet somehow always the victim. He destroyed Leanne (a great character) to push Carla, yet he took away Carla's wit and personality, making her into what she is now - a tired drag queen who sits around a hovel, waiting for her emotionally dead boozehound of a boyfriend to stop berating her. The show is garbage.
Edited by CarlD2, Jul 8 2012, 03:23 PM.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I just read that Phil Collinson is leaving Corrie later this year and he plans on going out with a bang...Rumour is that he is going to blow up the Rovers and apparently not everyone will survive.

Difficult Diva
Member Avatar

Shick
Aug 19 2012, 06:00 PM
I just read that Phil Collinson is leaving Corrie later this year and he plans on going out with a bang...Rumour is that he is going to blow up the Rovers and apparently not everyone will survive.
What is it with EP and their need to blow stuff up as their final hurrah on these Brit soaps?!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Difficult Diva
Aug 20 2012, 05:36 AM
Shick
Aug 19 2012, 06:00 PM
What is it with EP and their need to blow stuff up as their final hurrah on these Brit soaps?!
It IS getting a bit tedious. Of course the Rovers will be completely rebuilt to look exactly as it has for eons. And Corrie just had half of the street blow up a couple of years ago. I don't want to see that again. They've all been possessed by Irwin Allen!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I've always liked Irwin Allen. :embarrassed:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Matt
Aug 20 2012, 07:21 AM
I've always liked Irwin Allen. :embarrassed:
I have too but not every other month on my soaps.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I can't help it. I'm a sucker when a show blows something up as long as they rebuild it (if it's a significant landmark) afterwards.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Lets get it right, this is Britain. They've been possessed by Gerry Anderson.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

"Coronation Street is GO!"

Shick
Member Avatar

So I am thinking of catching up on Corrie, I haven't watched in months. Are Kevin and Sally reunited YET? lol

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Did anyone really give a fuck about Sunita sleeping with Carl. Or anybody for that matter?

Shick
Member Avatar

Drew
Sep 3 2012, 07:46 PM
Did anyone really give a fuck about Sunita sleeping with Carl. Or anybody for that matter?
Heard about that....gross.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Shick
Sep 3 2012, 07:52 PM
Drew
I didn't care about the affair (nor much of the aftermath, really), but seeing Stella pretty much drag Sunita down the street by her hair screaming & shouting while EVERYONE either opened their windows or came outside to see what was going on (with full gossipy commentary) was nearly worth the price of admission.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Matt
Sep 3 2012, 08:31 PM
Shick
Sep 3 2012, 07:52 PM
Drew
I didn't care about the affair (nor much of the aftermath, really), but seeing Stella pretty much drag Sunita down the street by her hair screaming & shouting while EVERYONE either opened their windows or came outside to see what was going on (with full gossipy commentary) was nearly worth the price of admission.
Corrie always does that well.

Gail vs Todd is always a favourite of mine.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kirsty needs to hurry the fuck up and drop that damn baby so Tina can drag her psycho bitch ass out into the middle of the street and beat her with a tire iron.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

And this. Skip to 7:15

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I miss Teresa. She was almost as bad as Cilla whom I also miss.

Queen B
Member Avatar

What is Tracy up to these days? Haven't tuned in to Corrie in like a year and a half, but the only characters I ever really followed on the show was Becky and Tracy

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply