Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Coronation Street Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:55 AM (11,268 Views)
Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Queen B
Sep 5 2012, 01:35 AM
What is Tracy up to these days? Haven't tuned in to Corrie in like a year and a half, but the only characters I ever really followed on the show was Becky and Tracy
Unfortunately, she's still obsessed over the ugly, annoying git that is Steve. He's back with Michelle and to get back at them Tracy is seducing Michelle's hot as heck son, Ryan - a drug addict.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Sep 5 2012, 08:47 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Sep 5 2012, 08:47 AM
Queen B
Sep 5 2012, 01:35 AM
What is Tracy up to these days? Haven't tuned in to Corrie in like a year and a half, but the only characters I ever really followed on the show was Becky and Tracy
Unfortunately, she's still obsessed over the ugly, annoying git that is Steve. He's back with Michelle and to get back at them Tracy is seducing Michelle's hot as heck son, Ryan - a drug addict.
Never understood what any of those ladies saw in Steve lol

I wish Karen would come back

Queen B
Member Avatar

Shick
Sep 3 2012, 07:43 PM
So I am thinking of catching up on Corrie, I haven't watched in months. Are Kevin and Sally reunited YET? lol
That's another couple I really liked. The last story I remember watching with them is when Kevin slept with that little orange haired girl. Nasty as fuck. Especially the sex scenes

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The Kevin and Molly affair was really well done in my opinion. It all culminated perfectly.

Shame all the show wants to do now is copy it over and over with every other character.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Drew
Sep 5 2012, 07:33 PM
The Kevin and Molly affair was really well done in my opinion. It all culminated perfectly.

Shame all the show wants to do now is copy it over and over with every other character.
Molly! Thats her name. I knew it was something like that lol

I thought it added great conflict to their marriage and it was awesome to watch. That young thing being in bed with Kevin though made me want to hurl

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Queen B
Sep 5 2012, 07:36 PM
Drew
Sep 5 2012, 07:33 PM

Molly! Thats her name. I knew it was something like that lol

I thought it added great conflict to their marriage and it was awesome to watch. That young thing being in bed with Kevin though made me want to hurl
Well, she's dead now so ... LoL

And to answer that earlier question, Kevin and Sally have NOT reunited yet.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Queen B
Sep 5 2012, 07:10 PM
Shick
Sep 3 2012, 07:43 PM
So I am thinking of catching up on Corrie, I haven't watched in months. Are Kevin and Sally reunited YET? lol
That's another couple I really liked. The last story I remember watching with them is when Kevin slept with that little orange haired girl. Nasty as fuck. Especially the sex scenes
Oh Molly that BITCH. I couldn't stand her and those scenes were nasty lol. I definitely didn't shed any tears when she died in that tram crash storyline... Kevin/Sally are soulmates IMO.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Rest in peace, Bill Tarmey.

Shick
Member Avatar

I'm likely alone in this opinion, but I hate Fiz and I hate that she's sleeping with Tyrone while he's married to Kirsty. Yes Kirsty is nuts, but I've thought for a year now that she needed professional help. Tyrone has known that she's not mentally stable, yet has just let it slide and not gotten her into some sort of treatment center for her anger issues.

Difficult Diva
Member Avatar

Shick
Jan 3 2013, 12:50 AM
I'm likely alone in this opinion, but I hate Fiz and I hate that she's sleeping with Tyrone while he's married to Kirsty. Yes Kirsty is nuts, but I've thought for a year now that she needed professional help. Tyrone has known that she's not mentally stable, yet has just let it slide and not gotten her into some sort of treatment center for her anger issues.
So, the abused victim HAS to find a way of getting the abuser help?
It's not like Kristy doesn't know that she's violent and crazy.
She actually uses it, as a way to KEEP Tyrone from leaving her and taking their child from her.

Yes, it's messy to have Fix becoming romantically involved with Tyrone right now, but it's not like Kirsty's the "victim" in this situation at all.

Shick
Member Avatar

Difficult Diva
Jan 3 2013, 05:57 AM
Shick
She actually uses it, as a way to KEEP Tyrone from leaving her and taking their child from her.

Yes, it's messy to have Fix becoming romantically involved with Tyrone right now, but it's not like Kirsty's the "victim" in this situation at all.
I just felt like this could have been a differently told story than the usual "have an affair when things go wrong". A year ago when she first hit him and explained her childhood (with the abusive father), he took her to the clinic to get some professional help. She left, he found out and was disappointed, but the writers never followed up on it. I just see Kirsty as someone who is not a one dimensional villain. I wish the writers would have gone down the route of getting her help, and YES have the abused victim get her help.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Tyrone & Kirsty aren't married. That's the big problem. That means he's not Ruby's legal father & she's holding that over his head because if he says anything to anyone about her abuse, she'll disappear with the baby & he can't do anything. The plan has been for him to marry her so that he can legally become the baby's father and then take her away from her.

Shick
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 4 2013, 12:46 AM
Tyrone & Kirsty aren't married. That's the big problem. That means he's not Ruby's legal father & she's holding that over his head because if he says anything to anyone about her abuse, she'll disappear with the baby & he can't do anything. The plan has been for him to marry her so that he can legally become the baby's father and then take her away from her.
Yeah she didn't put his name down on the birth certificate, but... can't he just get a DNA/Paternity test done? :shrug: It would prevent her from taking off with their child

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Shick
Jan 4 2013, 12:50 AM
Matt
Jan 4 2013, 12:46 AM
Yeah she didn't put his name down on the birth certificate, but... can't he just get a DNA/Paternity test done? :shrug: It would prevent her from taking off with their child
I think there are different legalities involved beyond a simple DNA test. lol I know that at one time in the US (and still in some places, I'm certain), a woman's husband was automatically legally her child's father if the child was born during their marriage even if it was proven the father was someone else because the legitimate father's rights to the child (the husband) automatically trumped the biological father's rights to the child.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Shick
Jan 3 2013, 09:36 AM
Difficult Diva
Shick

I just felt like this could have been a differently told story than the usual "have an affair when things go wrong". A year ago when she first hit him and explained her childhood (with the abusive father), he took her to the clinic to get some professional help. She left, he found out and was disappointed, but the writers never followed up on it. I just see Kirsty as someone who is not a one dimensional villain. I wish the writers would have gone down the route of getting her help, and YES have the abused victim get her help.
This is the one interesting aspect to the reverse domestic abuse storyline, the reactions of people.

Under no circumstances would someone tell a woman to stay with a man who beats him to change him. But because it's a woman doing the beating, the man should be her saviour. Facinating ...

Difficult Diva
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 4 2013, 03:24 AM
Shick
Difficult Diva
Shick

This is the one interesting aspect to the reverse domestic abuse storyline, the reactions of people.

Under no circumstances would someone tell a woman to stay with a man who beats him to change him. But because it's a woman doing the beating, the man should be her saviour. Facinating ...
Thank you for pointing that fascinating take on this situation, Drew.

Kristy just slammed Tyrone's hand in a door.
Yet, she just needs "anger management courses" and for him to seek out counseling for an abuser who doesn't want it herself?!

Between this storyline and the so-called EPIC tale of Stendan domestic violence, I think no more UK based soaps should try and write storylines on the topic, because the excuses I keep seeing from viewers have my head spinning.

Is it really ONLY seen as abuse, when it's a man beating up a woman?

Shick
Member Avatar

Difficult Diva
Jan 4 2013, 07:06 AM
Drew
Shick
Difficult Diva

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Thank you for pointing that fascinating take on this situation, Drew.

Kristy just slammed Tyrone's hand in a door.
Yet, she just needs "anger management courses" and for him to seek out counseling for an abuser who doesn't want it herself?!

Between this storyline and the so-called EPIC tale of Stendan domestic violence, I think no more UK based soaps should try and write storylines on the topic, because the excuses I keep seeing from viewers have my head spinning.

Is it really ONLY seen as abuse, when it's a man beating up a woman?
Do not twist my words, I mentioned getting her help after the FIRST incident a year ago. That first incident when she slapped him, he could have left her. But guess what, Corrie actually wrote it in that Ty was going to get Kirsty help. I know that it's progressed over the past year leading to the door slam and the pipe hitting, but it didn't have to come to that had he just left her or she had gotten some serious help.

Yes, people who abuse others can actually get help and can actually change. Shocking thought isn't it? :eyeroll:

Shick
Member Avatar

Drew
Shick
Difficult Diva
Shick

Well people on here cheer all the time when a woman hits a man after he cheats or does something terribly wrong. Take Y&R for example, Chelsea slapped Adam for kissing Sharon and people ate it up. Had it been Adam slapping Chelsea, would there be the same reaction? Clearly no. It's the way it is in the television world. And I didn't say that he should get her help NOW, I said a year ago before it got outrageously violent like it is now.

Difficult Diva
Member Avatar

So, because the writers "never followed up" on the reasons why Tyrone never again tried to get Kristy help with her "anger management problems" (something that, IMO should never have been left for him or any other victim of domestic abuse in the first place), then the issue of the abuse still taking place is also on his shoulders?

Let's not muddy the waters of associating one incident of violent behavior with REPEATED ACTS of violent domestic abuse, because you happen to see the abusive character as more than "one dimensional".

Again, Kristy IS NOT the victim in this situation and if SHE wanted help, she could have sought it out on her own. I just find it absurd that because the SHOW didn't take the time to "follow up" on the therapy that the violent abuser should have sought out, that it's perceived as the victim's fault for not "making" that abuser go for therapy.

Oh, I do realise that some domestic abusers can and do seek out therapy to change their behaviour. Here's the point that's important: They seek out the help. They don't wait or assume that their victim is going to take it upon themselves to get their abuser help. Yes, it is television, but shouldn't we be smarter to just say that "it's just television"?

Yet on this soap AND another UK based soap, the abusers in the current storylines never actually follow through on it OR they only seek out one or two sessions.

Hopefully, the writers for Kristy and Tyrone won't have religious figures, dying children and/or Try one's close friends/siblings saying that Kirsty's "changed" due to what they feel deep down inside.
Edited by Difficult Diva, Jan 5 2013, 08:59 AM.

Shick
Member Avatar

My first post was about the affair, and I stick by my point. Having Tyrone sleep with Fiz is not the answer and makes him a scummy character. How about we leave it at that, cause this is going nowhere. Nowhere did I say Kirsty is innocent or that it's okay that she's been hitting Tyrone. And I didn't muddy any waters, she should have gotten help after the FIRST incident (which is what I said prior), and if she wasn't willing then she shoud've been arrested and then she might have been forced to get help.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply