Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Coronation Street Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:55 AM (11,109 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Anyway, I shall return to this thread once I see the ep. But I will say I hope Rita's final moments arent being smothered in candies!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Amello
Dec 7 2010, 07:23 PM
Forgot to add, I loved the Gary moment where he feels like he's back at war. Also, that doctor guy is fit. More of him please.
I agree on both counts! I don't want Fiz to die! I wouldn't mind Stape rolling a seven and you're right about David and that chin fuzz!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

It looks like Sunita is gone! The show really should have featured her a little more if they brought her back just to kill her! I feel like Ashley is a goner and at least he's had a minor storyline!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Grandpa Hughes
Dec 7 2010, 10:16 PM
It looks like Sunita is gone! The show really should have featured her a little more if they brought her back just to kill her! I feel like Ashley is a goner and at least he's had a minor storyline!
We basically already know who dies, but it's interesting to see who you think will.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Aaaaaand there goes Ashley! Woohoo!

I do hope Sunita bites it. I've always hated that cow.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Dec 9 2010, 12:08 AM
Aaaaaand there goes Ashley! Woohoo!

I do hope Sunita bites it. I've always hated that cow.
There are rumours that Rita will be the surprise 4th death.

:shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I really hope they dont off a character that's battled with weight issues by crushing her with candy. That slow mo reaching for a box of pot of gold, or whatever, would be a terrible last image.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

At any rate, looks like someone's finally topped the Brookside Helicopter crash.

CarlD2

There's been a lot of laughs in the UK over the tram crash. I didn't think it was that bad.

Mostly I wish these disasters would do what Santa Barbara did with their earthquake and carnation killer stories and fire people who can't act. The guy who plays Ashley is a good actor, so is Charlotte, and there are others who...aren't. Ben Price is Ronn Moss on a bad day and ruins this whole "love square" thing the show seems so proud of. I wonder if he was any better on Footballers' Wives.

I also wonder who came up with the idea of having Becky wander around endlessly searching for her nephew. I really think baby/child stories are the death of most female soap characters.
Edited by CarlD2, Dec 9 2010, 02:12 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Honestly, I have no problem with it. It has a bigger impact killing proper characters, than wasting events like these to kill off newbies or people that suck. Those are the definitition of bad stunts that only set out to achieve that.

Ashley Peacock was a great character once upon a time, I loved him and Maxine. Claire and her boring ass was really the ruination of that character.

CarlD2

I see what you mean, but on Corrie, many of the proper characters, in terms of longevity, are played by weak actors. Maria, Kirk, Sean (although Anthony Cotton was not bad this week), Michelle, the new Nick -- I think writing them out would probably help the show. It's not so much the idea of pruning I mind as it is who they chose to prune. If you kill off some of these people you could propel story, more than killing off Ashley, especially since they aren't keeping Claire around.

I also think this type of thing would be useful to get rid of the bad characters they have brought on recently -- Lloyd's stripper and her ex, Becky's sister, Owen, the very very poor, half-asleep man's Charlie Stubbs, etc.
Edited by CarlD2, Dec 9 2010, 05:54 AM.

CarlD2

The final results of Corriepedia's 50 Greatest Character poll are in, including a list of all 200. It's interesting just how low most of the Platts ranked -- either these particular voters weren't fond of them or the decade of overexposure took a toll.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1360286&page=16

My love for the show is most in its first 20-25 or so years so I was most interested in how some of those characters did, especially if they were never given the legend status of Elsie and Ena. My favorites were Irma Ogden, Jerry Booth, and Harry and Concepta Hewitt, and Jack Walker, and Ray Langton and Dennis Tanner (right beside each other in the poll) so I'm glad they weren't all the way at the bottom, even if they deserved higher placements. Jack being so close to Liam Connor kind of made me laugh...surprising.

All in all these aren't bad results considering that so much was skewed by Sophie/Sian.
Edited by CarlD2, Dec 9 2010, 08:55 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Dec 9 2010, 08:53 AM
The final results of Corriepedia's 50 Greatest Character poll are in, including a list of all 200. It's interesting just how low most of the Platts ranked -- either these particular voters weren't fond of them or the decade of overexposure took a toll.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1360286&page=16

My love for the show is most in its first 20-25 or so years so I was most interested in how some of those characters did, especially if they were never given the legend status of Elsie and Ena. My favorites were Irma Ogden, Jerry Booth, and Harry and Concepta Hewitt, and Jack Walker, and Ray Langton and Dennis Tanner (right beside each other in the poll) so I'm glad they weren't all the way at the bottom, even if they deserved higher placements. Jack being so close to Liam Connor kind of made me laugh...surprising.

All in all these aren't bad results considering that so much was skewed by Sophie/Sian.
It's actually OBSCENE that Jack Walker would be so close in rank to Liam Connor! There isn't even a close comparison! I have to check these out! I saw the scene where Jack tries to help Elsie and Dennis from the collectors because he's ashamed of the other guys! He was a legend and so much a part of things for so many years!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Watching this week and it's great. That Fizz chick though is annoying and such a bad actress. I want to feed her to sharks.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I thought it was good as well, and alot less mistakes than the EE crew. Goodbye Molly. Goodbye Peter?

Honestly ... I thought more were supposed to die than this.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

And no celeb walk ons?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

What I dont understand is how Kirk has lasted all these years.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

No one watching this?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Dec 10 2010, 09:56 PM
No one watching this?
The best part, for me, was when Leanne went on about how Simon WAS her son, even if not biologically. So goddamn refreshing.
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Amello
Dec 10 2010, 09:58 PM
Drew
Dec 10 2010, 09:56 PM
No one watching this?
The best part, for me, was when Leanne went on about how Simon WAS her son, even if not biologically. So goddamn refreshing.
That WAS good and I liked seeing her clobber Carla too! I was okay with the Stape "murder" until Charlotte's parents showed up and then I wanted to kill him myself! But I liked how the mother said "Our baby girl" and then Fiz said the same thing as they watched Hope in the incubator!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply