Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmerdale Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (11,968 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The reason I started watching this show in the first place is leaving. :( His first episode was MY first episode. Weird. Though, I can't blame him since the show really wasted him.
Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Who's leaving?? David?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Manny
Feb 8 2011, 09:30 AM
Who's leaving?? David?
I only started watching in 2009. :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Amello
Feb 8 2011, 09:35 AM
Manny
Who's leaving?? David?
Ahhh shit! Sutton?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Grandpa Hughes
Feb 8 2011, 09:47 AM
Amello
Manny
Who's leaving?? David?
Ahhh shit! Sutton?
Yes. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Amello
Feb 8 2011, 10:03 AM
Grandpa Hughes
Amello
Manny
Who's leaving?? David?
Ahhh shit! Sutton?
It may have helped to give him a friggin' storyline after resting him once he got out of prison!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Grandpa Hughes
Feb 8 2011, 10:06 AM
Amello
Feb 8 2011, 10:03 AM
Grandpa Hughes
Amello

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Ahhh shit! Sutton?
It may have helped to give him a friggin' storyline after resting him once he got out of prison!
That's the main problem with Emmerdale. So many people are just wandering around doing absolutely nothing.
Quote Post Goto Top

CarlD2

The show never gives David anything to do. I think they only see him as a comedy character and then as a supporting figure. Wolfsenden is better at comedy than drama but there's a lot of stuff you can still do with David. Unfortunately on today's Emmerdale the more boring you are the more stories you get, and they try to hide the rot with lousy and wooden new characters.

I think they wasted James Sutton from the start. The Wylde story went off the rails very quickly, and it was only the work from Amanda Donohoe and Lyndon Ogbourne which helped carry it along. They never actually bothered to write for Ryan. It's a shame that some blame him, because it's not like wooden or bad acting is a deterrent to have major stories on this show (ask Holly). I think they just hired him to get some attention from Hollyoaks fans, as Emmerdale needed fresh blood at the time.

I doubt he will be back at Hollyoaks, so I hope he can move on to bigger roles. I actually think he would fit in Corrie better than Chris Fountain, who is going to be playing a character who is way too young and who has none of the Corrie characteristics.
Edited by CarlD2, Feb 8 2011, 01:25 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm about 2 weeks behind. Is the show still boring? Should I just skip the last two weeks?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

A lot of it is repetitious where we see the same scenes over and over and no forward movement!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Okay, I'll just start from Monday's eppy then.

darraholic
Member Avatar

The only storyline that has my interest is Lisa's rape.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

darraholic
Feb 8 2011, 08:14 PM
I have to say, I never saw that coming! I never picked up a creepy "vibe" from Derek until shortly before the rape! He can seem like comic relief on minute and then those creepy eyes start flashing! I just want Zak or Cain or Sam or even one of the girls to beat the hell out of the sick creep! And Jane Cox has been outstanding!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Honestly, I've been really enjoying the show again. Sure, I hate a lot of things, most I've posted but, with the appearance of Flynn, even the Aaron/Jackson story is interesting to me now. Aaron literally running away from Jackson tonight was TIGHT! I LOVED IT! LoL
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Feb 8 2011, 08:31 PM
darraholic
I have to say, I never saw that coming! I never picked up a creepy "vibe" from Derek until shortly before the rape! He can seem like comic relief on minute and then those creepy eyes start flashing! I just want Zak or Cain or Sam or even one of the girls to beat the hell out of the sick creep! And Jane Cox has been outstanding!
Jane Cox is probably my favorite actress on Emmerdale.

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Feb 9 2011, 01:25 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Feb 8 2011, 08:31 PM
darraholic
Jane Cox is probably my favorite actress on Emmerdale.
:o She's great but she's no Emma Atkins. This version of Charity is so watered down from what she used to be. Queen of Home Farm, lesbian love with psychotic veterinarian Zoe Tate. :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

I enjoy her as well.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Just in case you don't know, Emmerdale is not on tonight. That's why last night was double the length.
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I'm still two days behind but I enjoyed Friday's episode! I thought Zak was going to learn the truth about creepy Derek! I really felt bad for Jackson! He's torturing himself! Aaron is inexperienced enough that his confusion over Flynn and Jackson is believable! I hated when the show turned Brenda into an airhead but now she's this drunken harridan who just won't quit!

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

After a rather boring period, Emmerdale has finally become interesting again.

Does Flynn stay longer in the series?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply