Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmerdale Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (11,867 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

Ok, next episode.. Nov 4..

So Marlon and Laurel are together?! Weird..

Aaron and Ross should hook up.. that would be hot..

Don't know who these next people are.. there is a whole bunch of them, talking about stuff I have no clue about..

Oh, Diane!! Nicola worried about being charged for kidnapping.. oh please, that woman will not sue... her kid was gone for a minute..

So this Ross is a bad boy? Nice.. Charity mentions Moira and Cain.. I saw that they are a couple now... most.random. couple. EVER!

Marlon and Laurel don't have sex? Because they are just a strange couple.. lol

Douglas and Diane? Weren't they sort of flirting even back when I was watching? Are they still doing it? It's been five years..

I bet Charity is going to trick Ross regarding the car.. Shirley's car..

Adam is in jail?

Who is this little girl? Lots of scenes with her..

Marlon is really skinny.. and really old looking..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Dec 6 2014, 05:42 PM
Ross is one of the best newer additions. Him and Donna were the best soap couple of the year!

The baby drama is basically done and was used as an impetus for Jimmy and Nicola to realize they wanted another kid.

Kirin is dating that blond, Vanessa. Vanessa is another great addition. She was introduced as a friend of Rhona's and when Rhona became addicted to pills, Vanessa realized she was in love with her. Rhona played mind games with her so that Vanessa would keep getting her pills. They even kissed. She thought she could be gay, but after a kiss with Pete (Ross' brother), who was briefly on the outs with Debbie at the time, she realized Rhona was just a special exception. On a night out with Leyla, Vanessa hooked up with Kirin, who she thought was 24. She was embarrassed by that fact alone, but when she found out he was only 17 and moving to the village she was mortified. However, Kirin continued to pursue her until she gave in.
Thanks for the backstory :top:

Yeah, Nicola and Jimmy are talking about the new baby now..

Looks like I missed a lot with Donna.. hopefully Ross continues to be featured prominently :D

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

You do not want to know about how Marlon and Laurel got together. One of the most character destroying stories ever. Ashley had a mental breakdown and started abusing his dad, Sandy. This lead to Marlon and Laurel to have an affair. It was as horrible as it sounds and Laurel and especially Marlon were smug piles of crap. That was from the previous series producer. The mental breakdown is why Ashley is no longer head Vicar. He was stripped of being one entirely for a long time. His budding relationship with the female vicar, Harriet (who used to be a cop), has been another great coupling.

Moira can be annoying, but the previous producer made Cain a cartoon villain and his pairing with her humanized him again.

The little girl is April. When Donna returned, it was quickly revealed that Donna was secretly pregnant with Marlon's baby (they used to be married) when she left town in 2009. Because of Marlon neglecting Laurel for April and her struggling to cope with Donna's death, Laurel has slowly become depressed and started turning to alcohol. Also, before Donna died, Donna shared a kiss with Marlon. And shortly before Laurel and Marlon's wedding, she kissed Ashley, who didn't kiss her back, which was so therapeutic after the way she treated him.

Adam is in jail because of his involvement around Donna's death. The actor is on paternity leave. Before he went to jail, his life spiraled out of control as he learned he was actually the son of his uncle, James (John's brother). This makes him the half brother of Pete, Ross and Finn. There was also a fantastic scene where Adam and Robbie, Megan's now dead son (watch his death scene and the climax to the Declan/Charity story) got high on ketamine. The drug scene was so well acted from both actors. I'd never seen anything like it on a soap.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Dec 6 2014, 06:03 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Yeah, the whole Ashley/Laurel/Marlon stuff sound ridiculous. Glad that I have skipped that!

Hmm, no, not April.. I did see her.. but I was confused about this blond little girl, who was around a bunch of people I don't know.. she was skyping with some other woman, while this woman was writing her what to say to try and get the skype woman to come back... if I got that correctly.. lol

Thanks, Mello! ;)

Edit: Really? I will look for that Adam/Robbie scene to check it out... :top:
Edited by Manny, Dec 6 2014, 06:06 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Oh, that little girl is the daughter of Dan and Ali. The woman on the computer was Ruby, Ali's partner. When their son Sean joined the army, Dan and Ali had grief sex together. The woman coaching the little girl, Amelia, is Kerry. Kerry and Dan were broken up when Dan and Ali slept together, so it didn't take long for Kerry to forgive Dan. Kerry is the mother of the ratchet Amy, who I mentioned despising in a previous post. However, once Amy left, Kerry got to be a fun character who almost never fails at cracking my shit up. She gets some great one liners.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Dec 6 2014, 06:10 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh wow, so many of them I don't know.. but ok.. I got it now.. :top:

Adam Thomas was really good in the ketamine scenes. And he looks really hot now. He's grown up! Back when I watched he looked like a boy.. looking forward to seeing him more :)

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

In a rare negative comment, I would skip the Shirley stuff. It was just used as a way for Charity to get back in the good books of the Dingles a bit. It was lame and it came off like the show was glossing over Charity getting a much needed and deserved comeuppance. However, current story may prove that her comeuppance is still on its way.

Doug left in 2011 to reunite with his ex-wife and only returned relatively recently. It was a cute return story, where Doug was a basically a YouTube star, that ended when he accidentally offended the entire Welsh community. Him and Diane are together now.

Manny
Member Avatar

Yeah, the whole stuff with Shirley's car was kinda lame, but I'm gonna watch it.. I'll try and watch a few episodes per day so that I can catch up with new episodes.

I'm happy for D&D.. they are a cute old couple :D

Have you been watching all these years? Or did you have a break as well?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Manny
Dec 6 2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah, the whole stuff with Shirley's car was kinda lame, but I'm gonna watch it.. I'll try and watch a few episodes per day so that I can catch up with new episodes.

I'm happy for D&D.. they are a cute old couple :D

Have you been watching all these years? Or did you have a break as well?
I don't even remember when I stopped watching regularly, to be honest, but it was during Stuart Blackburn's horrific tenure in 2011. I've kept a close eye on it since then though. I watched the serial killer story that started when Carl started blackmailing Chas because of her affair with Cameron (the serial killer), who was with Debbie. And then when Donna returned, I watched regularly again and haven't regretted it.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

The Only *really* weak part of the show right now is the attention to Belle.

Luckily Charity is seen less.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Yoryla
Dec 8 2014, 06:13 PM
The Only *really* weak part of the show right now is the attention to Belle.

Luckily Charity is seen less.
You don't like Charity?

Manny
Member Avatar

Ok, so I watched Nov 5 episode..

Seems like Laurel is gonna become an alcoholic.. she was stopped for DUI and now she poured herself a glass of wine, while looking hesitant, which only means she will drink more and more on soaps. I am looking forward to that!

Aaron and Ross had a fight, when Charity locked them in that garage.. but I don't really get why they don't like each other.. I am guessing it has to do with Donna's death.. but Danny Miller was great as usual...

So I finally saw Robert... he looks so much younger than Andy.. he looks like a teenager to me.. shouldn't he be the same age as Andy and Katie? Even Robert's girlfriend Chrissie looks like she's waaaay older than him..

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Ross hated Aaron because he stopped Adam from being the lookout the day Donna died. That episode where they fight is the turning point of a, thankfully, short rivalry.

I've never thought that while watching Robert myself. Honestly, I've just been too ecstatic that Robert Sugden is finally back where he belongs. Technically he is younger than Andy and Katie, being born onscreen in 1986. I think Andy and Katie are 29/30.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Dec 9 2014, 05:50 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

When I was investigating Robert/Katie/Andy history I found information saying that Robert and Andy are same age. But if Robert is younger than cool :-)

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Robert has been living the good life for a long time while Andy has been working hard at farming,went to prison etc. Stress ages a man and not a guy who shows up in a fifty thousand dollar sports car to watch his father's funeral from afar.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Dec 10 2014, 12:45 PM
Robert has been living the good life for a long time while Andy has been working hard at farming,went to prison etc. Stress ages a man and not a guy who shows up in a fifty thousand dollar sports car to watch his father's funeral from afar.
Jack Sugden's funeral episode is easily the best funeral any soap has ever done.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Really looking forward to the new year and it's storylines.

Aaron and Robert is just fantastic and wonderful, cannot wait to see more of them, I think this is going to be a big storyline with a lot of twists and huge payoffs, let's see. I like Chrissie a lot too and all the Whites in general aswell. Interesting family :)

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Aaron's "coming out " story remains the best and most emotional I have seen. Then things got a little boring. They sure are not boring now. That was so intense in the stairway. This actor playing Robert bears such a resemblance to Karl Davies that I keep forgetting it's a recast. The show has been great again.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

This Belle stuff is so heartbreaking. She looks and acts like my youngest neice. The poor baby used to want a pink laptop for Christmas and now she's become psychotic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply