Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmerdale Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (11,970 Views)
Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Rachel is Ali's sister. That whole story was brilliant, which started with Rachel and Jai having a one night stand, during the time Jai was married to Charity. There were so many twists and turns, including Rishi saying he was the father at one point and Charity sleeping with Ross to get back at Jai.

Charity is responsible for running Rachel out of town, devastating her family and Sam, as they were together. That's why Sam hates her now, and left her for dead when he found her locked up with no food and water after she was kidnapped by Jai. This was after the amazing COTTAGE week, where Declan, who was Charity's husband at the time, tried to kill her, which resulted in Robbie's death.

You missed so much good stuff, Manny.

Leyla has been altered a bit, but I think her return has been pretty great. I hate to hear that you don't like Alicia, because her and David are a brilliant couple. However, since you've been watching she has been on the back burner, but her and David are apparently getting a big story in the new year, so I hope you come around to her. I didn't care for her for a while, until she came back from prison (the actress was on maternity leave) for punching Val (all is forgiven).

Leyla's first episode was being a shock return at their (second and real) wedding, until they locked her in the closet to get on with the ceremony! I'm just happy they have kept the great relationship between her and Doug since he returned. It was one of my favourite relationships when I first started watching.

Also of note, Priya is anorexic. She is recovered now, but in another great story, while she was pregnant with Amba, she succumbed to her anorexia again (part of her back story), almost killing the baby. Priya and David were together at one point, and that whole triangle was messy and fabulous as David was only married to Alicia, who was in prison, so he could keep custody of Jake. But then, of course, Alicia fell in love with David for real. After they divorced, the triangle climaxed in a great surprise when, during the serial killer story, Cameron escaped prison and held a number of people hostage with a rifle (as you do in Emmerdale!) at The Woolpack where poor Alicia ended up getting shot.

That threatening scene between Lawrence and Robert was so well done by Hawley. Aaron and Robert should be crossing paths within the next week or so of episodes from where you are.

As for Lawrence's back story. He is part of Edna's past/back story. Her husband had an affair with him and when she found out she had Lawrence arrested for being gay. This was decades ago, obviously. A sequence of events led Sandy to get Aaron and Paddy to help track him down so that Edna could forgive herself for her mistake, which she regretted exponentially. As it had been decades, Lawrence did forgive her, but she is still uncomfortable around him. It was soon after that Robert returned and Lawrence was revealed to be his soon to be father in law.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Thank you so much, 'Mello! It helps a lot when you tell me the history! :D

And it seems I missed a bunch of great stuff. I wanted to watch this whole year, but I just couldn't find episodes online to watch without downloading :(

But I hope the stories continue to be awesome in the coming months as well.. I will try to catch up as soon as possible, so that we can all comment together on current events.

As for Alicia... she arrived to the village back when I first started to watch.. but I stopped watching shortly after her arrival.. she was pretty annoying back then and I guess those feelings are still there for me.. Maybe if I see more of her, I might start to like her.. we will see with time!

I love Lawrence's back story and connection to Edna! Wish I have watched it all. But the guy playing Lawrence is awesome and I hope he sticks around! And obviously I cannot wait to see Robert's story unfold.. :top: :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Rachel was a farmer or something and she and Sam were together and got engaged before Charity and Declan set them up for the fire at home farm. You already know that Ali is her sister it sounds like, I'm really enjoying the show again. It was genius to bring Robert back and have him be a conflicted gay or bisexual man. And tied to the White family. Lawrence is a great character too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply