Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmerdale Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (9,352 Views)
Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

I do not remember when I cried so much when I watched a soap opera. I think the last time was when Cassie (Y&R) died.

I would like to know from where Danny Miller draws all these emotions. He is so good in all those scenes in the hospital.

Marc Silcock is good too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I've resorted to skipping to this Aaron/Jackson crap. It's so convoluted and boring. Totally brings the whole show down.

Man, I wish Zack and Lisa could get a story, along with a heap of other characters on this show. We need someone who 1) knows how to entertainingly write for couples without going the cliche cheating route in every story and 2) gives good story to more than just the same handful of characters 3) uses the past for future story and 4) doesn't create an abundance of useless newbies.
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Amello
Oct 20 2010, 05:42 PM
I've resorted to skipping to this Aaron/Jackson crap. It's so convoluted and boring. Totally brings the whole show down.

Man, I wish Zack and Lisa could get a story, along with a heap of other characters on this show. We need someone who 1) knows how to entertainingly write for couples without going the cliche cheating route in every story and 2) gives good story to more than just the same handful of characters 3) uses the past for future story and 4) doesn't create an abundance of useless newbies.
I agree with some of that! I have to admit, I'm still impressed with the acting of Danny Miller and Marc Silcock! But there are WAY too many redundant, sluggish stories such as Ryan in prison, Holly does heroin, Alicia turns on a dime every episode and slams the sister who GAVE her the son she has! It's been ages since so many of the characters have had more than cameos! And while I can see SOME newer or younger characters, do we really need Amy? I thought at first that she would be part of Declan's family to set things up for the Wylde's departure and another crew on the cursed Home Farm Estate!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Grandpa Hughes
Oct 20 2010, 06:06 PM
Amello

I agree with some of that! I have to admit, I'm still impressed with the acting of Danny Miller and Marc Silcock! But there are WAY too many redundant, sluggish stories such as Ryan in prison, Holly does heroin, Alicia turns on a dime every episode and slams the sister who GAVE her the son she has! It's been ages since so many of the characters have had more than cameos! And while I can see SOME newer or younger characters, do we really need Amy? I thought at first that she would be part of Declan's family to set things up for the Wylde's departure and another crew on the cursed Home Farm Estate!
The only reason I tolerate Amy is because it gives the vastly underrated and underused Isobel Hodgins something to do. She's easily the best child actress in soap right now.
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Amello
Oct 20 2010, 07:20 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Amello

The only reason I tolerate Amy is because it gives the vastly underrated and underused Isobel Hodgins something to do. She's easily the best child actress in soap right now.
And she should have a better storyline than propping up new characters like Amy or newISH Hannah!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Grandpa Hughes
Oct 20 2010, 07:25 PM
Amello
Oct 20 2010, 07:20 PM
Grandpa Hughes

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
And she should have a better storyline than propping up new characters like Amy or newISH Hannah!
She they should be building her up to be one of the central heroine's of this show. She should be heavily involved with Diane's, Andy's and AARON's stories at all times. It's ridiculous that she isn't.
Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

I have downloaded some episodes of Emmerdale and EastEnders and I'm planning on watching them tomorrow. :D

Manny
Member Avatar

Onto Emmerdale... OMG! I LOOOOOVED scenes with Andy and Katie, where he accused her of being the source of all his issues! Amazing acting, awesome use of history, great drama. I love those two so much! Great stuff there. And Sarah saw it all!

Aside from that, not much is happening. Lizzie/Bob stuff is kinda okay, but boringish. Aaron's stuff with that damn car is annoying. And Mello is right... Aaron and Jackson DO NOT look like a couple at all. They haven't had a romantic scene since their "Just say yes" kiss.

It's weird that Charity is Sarah's grandmother. Charity is so young.

Manny
Member Avatar

Yay! Andy and Katie KISSED!!!! Woohoo! Once again, their scenes are the best of the episode! Awesome stuff! Love it! And then there was that short part with the actress playing Katie, who said that people on the street always ask when Katie and Andy will be back together. I'M NOT ALONE! :lol: So good!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Manny
Oct 24 2010, 08:13 AM
It's weird that Charity is Sarah's grandmother. Charity is so young.
Well, she did have Debbie at 13.
Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh, I know. But it's still weird. LOL

Manny
Member Avatar

Okay, so have we EVER seen that dog before now?? Clyde, I mean... Danny Miller is doing an amazing job with this, but seriously.. I don't remember ever seeing the damn dog before.

And even during this moment, with Aaron crying and obviously needing some comforting, they don't give him and Jackson a nice romantic scene. Lame. :P

And Katie rejected Andy and told him their one night stand should remain just that. :( That sucks.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yes, we have seen Clyde plenty of times. In fact, Clyde was a hell of a lot better than Jackson or Hazel could ever wish to be. I HATE THEM SO MUCH and blame them for such a merciless killing. That dog was awesome.
Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

I don't know. I've never seen him in my time watching. So I didn't care for his death.

Speaking of hating... I hate Alicia. She is SO ANNOYING!

Manny
Member Avatar

I'm kinda glad Jackson dumped Aaron. Aaron can really be obnoxious sometimes.

But I adore the friendship between Rhona, Paddy and Marlon. They are so fun to watch together. I do think they'll go and turn them into a love triangle though.
Edited by Manny, Oct 24 2010, 09:42 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Manny
Oct 24 2010, 09:40 AM
I'm kinda glad Jackson dumped Aaron. Aaron can really be obnoxious sometimes.

But I adore the friendship between Rhona, Paddy and Marlon. They are so fun to watch together. I do think they'll go and turn them into a love triangle though.
Ha!!!

Spoiler: click to toggle

I can't believe anyone can even care about Aaron anymore. Jackson has completely ruined his character. I FF anything having to do with those losers now. So fucking forced.

I'm the exact opposite of you. I love Alicia, it's Leyla who's getting on my fucking nerves. Bitch needs to know her damn place. Considering where you are though, yeah, she was OTT, but they tone her down a little bit once she moves in.
Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Well we'll see what I think about Alicia when I reach your episodes :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Manny
Oct 24 2010, 01:58 PM
Well we'll see what I think about Alicia when I reach your episodes :)
You really will. Leyla becomes such a retard.
Quote Post Goto Top

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

Did you see the four endings?

The first version (guilty) looks the best.

Then, the second version (not guilty) is OK but "Natasha objects" (third version) and "Freedom" (fourth version) I don't like.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply