Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmerdale Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (10,116 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Dec 16 2010, 01:58 AM
Paddy is so fucking annoying.
What? Okay, obviously you mean Marlon.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Well he is too. Paddy is just way too clingy for my liking.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Dec 16 2010, 10:56 AM
You hateful cow. :)

Anyway, terrible, terrible news. The fat sea hag has signed on for another year. :puke:
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Amello
Dec 16 2010, 11:09 AM
darraholic
Dec 16 2010, 10:56 AM
You hateful cow. :)

Anyway, terrible, terrible news. The fat sea hag has signed on for another year. :puke:
So we get another year of Hazel? Greeeeaat! :shame:

darraholic
Member Avatar

I had a dream Amello joined the cast of Emmerdale. He was in a steamy love affair with Hazel. Heather from EE then came on and was a third wheel.

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Dec 17 2010, 02:45 PM
I had a dream Amello joined the cast of Emmerdale. He was in a steamy love affair with Hazel. Heather from EE then came on and was a third wheel.
My name must have been Horatio! :lol:

Now if that changed to David from Emmerdale and Jack from Eastenders, that's one dream I would want to have again and again and again.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

I was hopin Cheryl from HO would show up as well :(

darraholic
Member Avatar

Amello or someone, what is the backstory on this Layla and her sister storyline?

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Dec 22 2010, 11:20 AM
Amello or someone, what is the backstory on this Layla and her sister storyline?
Alicia cannot have children. When Leyla had a child young, their mother forced Leyla to give the child to Alicia and leave town. That child is Jacob.
Quote Post Goto Top

CarlD2

The child is also Alicia's husband's, from one night with Leyla.

While it's good casting to have Justin and David so similiar (both a bit wimpy, but both cute, and similar facial features and bodies), since that must be Leyla's type, I don't like this story at all. Alicia is a nightmare. She reminds me of way too many people I have known -- she is vicious and nasty, yet always sees herself as the victim.

I do think the woman who plays Leyla did a good job in the scene where Justin spilled their secret.

I was wondering who the girl is who went in the van with Zak? I don't know her. Her accent is grating.

Do you think the show will ever become less depressing? It's not just the stories, it's the whole atmosphere.
Edited by CarlD2, Dec 22 2010, 08:02 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EllEll09

CarlD2
Dec 22 2010, 07:57 PM
I was wondering who the girl is who went in the van with Zak? I don't know her. Her accent is grating.

I think you might mean Amy, she's a fairly new arrival, a runaway from an orphanage whose been taken in by Val & Eric lately & works for them at the B&B.
Edited by EllEll09, Dec 25 2010, 08:42 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 17 2010, 02:52 PM
I was hopin Cheryl from HO would show up as well :(
Add Mary from Coronation Street and it's a dream come true for Mikey! :drunk:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

CarlD2
The child is also Alicia's husband's, from one night with Leyla.

While it's good casting to have Justin and David so similiar (both a bit wimpy, but both cute, and similar facial features and bodies), since that must be Leyla's type, I don't like this story at all. Alicia is a nightmare. She reminds me of way too many people I have known -- she is vicious and nasty, yet always sees herself as the victim.

I do think the woman who plays Leyla did a good job in the scene where Justin spilled their secret.

Do you think the show will ever become less depressing? It's not just the stories, it's the whole atmosphere.
I was thinking it's just me but a friend and I were talking yesterday about how boring and depressing it is! I couldn't wait for the next episode a few months back and now I've got about a week's worth of downloads waiting! Something needs to change!

CarlD2

EllEll09
Dec 25 2010, 08:42 AM
CarlD2

I think you might mean Amy, she's a fairly new arrival, a runaway from an orphanage whose been taken in by Val & Eric lately & works for them at the B&B.
Thanks. I don't know her. Not much of an actress. I guess she's the one they call "Orangina" on Digital Spy.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

Danny Miller Interview on Paul O'Grady's Christmas

Deleted User
Deleted User

Lucy Pargeter was brilliant last night. The MVP scene was easily Paddy telling her that even though she broke his heart, she was still a good person and deserved to be happy. It was lame though how Eve got off so easy. Not even a slap? The hell? That's one problem Emmerdale has sometimes, it's too tame.

Seeing Eric treated as a character is very refreshing. Chris Chittell transitions his emotions so easily. I can't wait for more of this story.

One thing I am surprised about though is that both Sam and Diane were in episode but had absolutely no lines. Worse, Diane was just in the background. Weird.

The Macey add ons don't work for me. Mia is alright, but the father is annoying all get out.

Edna as a character also flourished tonight, both in that scene with Eve where she tells her she'll stand by her even though she doesn't condone what she has done and then right after tells Chas she hopes all the best for her.

If they make Andy the stalker, the nonsensical raping of Sugden family will continue. Although, if Andy could still be a viable leading man (and I think he is) after planning to kill his brother, killing his mother (accidentally) and beating his wife, then maybe this really wouldn't ruin him at all. LoL
Quote Post Goto Top

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

Of the whole Christmas episode I only liked the last scene just because of song "Fairytale of New York".

Everything was so boring :shrug:

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

I forgot to say ... it was very interesting to see Carl in the sweatpants :D

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Michael Baldwin
Dec 27 2010, 10:35 AM
I caught that too! I did a double take! I guess "Little Carl" wanted to make a cameo but the sweats were against him! REALLY against him! :drunk:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Grandpa Hughes
Dec 27 2010, 10:59 AM
Michael Baldwin
Dec 27 2010, 10:35 AM
I caught that too! I did a double take! I guess "Little Carl" wanted to make a cameo but the sweats were against him! REALLY against him! :drunk:
Sweatpants work on hot men and Tom Lister is exactly that. Emmerdale has the best hunks of all the soaps, IMO.

Carl, Andy, Ryan, Aaron, David, John, Justin, Adam. Anyone else? The male cast is love.

Now, with the Eric plot and this Katie plot, I'm back to watching Emmerdale, I think. Plus, I am interested to see if the new producer (whoever that will turn out to be) will make any changes. And then there's a hint of Zak and Lisa getting a story, but if it turns into another damn affair plot, I will recoil.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply