Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hollyoaks Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (33,468 Views)
Difficult Diva
Member Avatar

I hope so too.
JP and Craig could have ended amicably.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I've spent most of the weekend playing catchup from Later to this past week. Now this is the Hollyoaks I remember.

The only thing sticking out is Rhys and Cindy. After all that nonsense over Gilly that he'd chuck Jacqui aside for quickies with Cindy is totally unbelievable.
Edited by Drew, Oct 14 2012, 05:15 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Is Kirkwood confirmed as replacing Smithwick?

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I think Kirkwood is only there in a Producer capacity, but not as the showrunner/HW. I'm once again attempting to watch this show, starting with Hollyoaks Later and the same week of the main show, but one episode of each and it is horrific. I'm going to watch the full week as things could improve once I see other characters, but the style of the show is all wrong, the music is bad and the younger characters still suck. I think Kirkwood is the only person who could get Hollyoaks back where it needs to be. Where are they finding all of these dreadful HWs?

Lucy Allan was the best of the lot because while she lacked vision, she didn't damage the show too much. She kept much of the structure the same as when Kirkland was there and didn't remove too many of his characters. I feel like a GOOD writer could've come in and simply added sharper storylines and we'd have a good show. Instead, every new writer is trying to put their stamp on the show and are gutting it. I haven't seen one clear, strong vision (like Kirkwood) or something that works.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Overall I really havent minded Smithwick. Her run reminds me more of the early 00 era we briefly got on BBC Kids.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Has anyone been watching the Minibus crash and deaths?

Spoiler: click to toggle

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I watched. I loved me some Rhys, for nostalgia mostly as the affair story was stupid as shit. But LOVED that Cindy took center stage. And I wonder if history will repeat itself for her and she'll be a single mother all over again.

I agree about Maddie. We needed to see her get her comeuppance. That little tiny scene of Tilly disowning her was just a glimpse, but you can't say the cunt didn't deserve to die.

They should have taken out Barney, too He wasn't even there, but he's a waste of space and too ugly for Hollyoaks. LoL

And I'm with you on basic bitch Ruby. Please leave soon. And while they are at it, I hope Will and Liberty aren't around much longer either.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Maddie totally did have it coming :lol:

And how she so coldly left Neil to die is exactly why she needed to be around longer. She was a soap superbitch cut down in a (very funny) flash just as she was getting really started. It's a cheat.

Plus they were telling a story that very much needs to be told right now with her and Esther and the way they've sent her out has basically made the bully win. Everyone will blame Esther for the deaths because she said to with her dying breath, no one will be able to call the dead girl for what she really was. The completely wrong message to be sending right now to their younger audience when we have teens uploading suicide videos to youtube for the entire world to see.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

It really is too bad ... a Clare Devine in training.

What do you think of the new Holly? I already hate her, not that the previous one was anything special, but if it means more story for Cindy I'm all for it. With Kirkwood back on the show, I hope Harry, Tony's son, is brought on soon enough.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Nov 16 2012, 12:58 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

This pic will never not be funny.

Posted Image

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

On a shallow note, the Bowman family is hot as fuck.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

She just looks too old for Holly. It wouldn't be as noticable if not for Tom

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't get why Bart and Esther keep going on about how no one can know what they did when everyone knows what they did?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 19 2012, 06:01 PM
I don't get why Bart and Esther keep going on about how no one can know what they did when everyone knows what they did?
I think only the people on the bus know about Esther and Bart. Like if Jacqui knew = :shithitfan:

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Mama Kane reminds me of Jessie Wallace.

I think they should chem test Callum / Leanne in an opposite's attract sort of thing.

Can Liberty and Will please go away? Awful.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I used to hate Martha Kane, but heaven help me the bitch has grown on me. Lacey & Ash are still basic, though.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Will is such a pissant.

It's really too bad Ally couldn't have been better written because he was fantastically hot.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Will needs to die, a million times over. :bleep:

I find it hilarious that whenever Liberty is in an episode she gets only one or two lines. :chee:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't have the words to describe how awesome Rachel Shenton is.

Difficult Diva
Member Avatar

Woohoo....John Paul is back.
Ste's an idiot.
Brendan is just totally misunderstood.
Doug has left.
George is still M.I.A.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply