Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hollyoaks Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (35,190 Views)
Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 13 2013, 10:39 PM
Matt
Mar 13 2013, 01:47 PM
I'm so adoring Nate & Cheryl. I'm so glad that she's finding some kind of happiness near the end of her run.
My thing with Nate is he's got this evil old man sounding voice. Like Hannibal Lectre is seducing Cheryl.
I'll refrain (regrettably) from making the obvious joke.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Is Hollyoaks pretty good again? I'm tempted to give it a try again once classes end in a month. I'll have four months to kill.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

darraholic
Mar 14 2013, 08:54 PM
Is Hollyoaks pretty good again? I'm tempted to give it a try again once classes end in a month. I'll have four months to kill.
Of the UK soaps, Hollyoaks was far and away the best soap of 2012! The show's been fantastic for months and months now. Brendan's huge exit is next week!

You NEED to watch the episode where Esther attempts suicide. It was perfect.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Mar 14 2013, 09:24 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I'm about ready for Kevin to stop the crocodile tears now. Man up, bro!

Ellie looked like a stoned cold bitch at the end of today's episode. She looked liked she wanted to sink that damn boat.

I wonder if my man Darren will be the one to kill Seamus?

Next week is going to be amazing.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I'm thinking it has to be Cheryl.
Edited by Drew, Mar 15 2013, 04:28 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Today's episode was Hollyoaks: Mortal Kombat edition. I loved it.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Mar 19 2013, 12:23 PM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I don't believe that's the end of it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 19 2013, 04:50 PM
I don't believe that's the end of it.
It sure as hell wasn't. Today's episode was so wonderfully soapy. I can't even put into words how much I'll miss Brendan and Emmett Scanlan in those tight shirts and pants which accentuate his muscles, thighs and beautiful butt. At least I know I can always count on my Darren to bring the sexy.

And then the Savage drama has got hooked for tomorrow's episode. Is it weird that the character whose reaction I'm most interested in seeing in Sienna's? I just have really taken a huge shine towards her and can't wait to see much more of her in action.

I just love how this show has been on fire for months and months. It's no wonder I'm perfectly content with just watching this and Shorty, all the other soaps just can't compare right now.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Holy fuck! I was truly blown away by that ending (no pun intended.) . I knew it was coming but I didn't expect it then in that way. I wasn't expecting the brutality, both emotional and physical leading up to it. And the party cliffhanger was great too. I agree about Sienna. She's a compelling character and I would have liked Patrick sticking around for the big moment. I love that Myra was there.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I dunno ... I just don't get why she needed to shoot him, other than for dramatic effect. The spoilers described Brendon as being in mortal danger and the shot was fired and I just didn't feel that. Or get why she'd have taken the gun with her from the house.

Great episode otherwise. But the setup to get the two out of the village is ringing cliched for me.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 20 2013, 09:31 PM
I dunno ... I just don't get why she needed to shoot him, other than for dramatic effect. The spoilers described Brendon as being in mortal danger and the shot was fired and I just didn't feel that. Or get why she'd have taken the gun with her from the house.

Great episode otherwise. But the setup to get the two out of the village is ringing cliched for me.
To be honest, when a show is just absolutely thrilling and enticing, I let things like that go. The only thing I truly care about is being kept entertained, and this show delivers that greatly for me right now. Plus, the situation is certainly easily fanwankable.

For instance, after seeing the video, Cheryl needs to talk to Brendan immediately. She remembers the gun she found and quickly realizes he would know what to do with it. However, when she sees her father leering over Brendan, who she just learns molested her brother, she goes into a temporary haze, pulls out the gun, and shoots him dead. Done and done!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I took it as Cheryl being in shock after seeing the video. I think seeing and hearing what a monster her daddy was at the club caused her to snap. I thought that was more of her motivation than "rescuing " Brendan. I do think that was part of it of course. Her finding the gun when she did was contrived but I think she was feeling profoundly betrayed and disgusted by the man she absolutely adored.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 21 2013, 02:19 PM
I took it as Cheryl being in shock after seeing the video. I think seeing and hearing what a monster her daddy was at the club caused her to snap. I thought that was more of her motivation than "rescuing " Brendan. I do think that was part of it of course. Her finding the gun when she did was contrived but I think she was feeling profoundly betrayed and disgusted by the man she absolutely adored.
She explained herself in today's fantastic episode. It was a tearjerker for me. And mixed with the grand soapiness of the Savage reveal, this episode gave me life. It's going to be interesting to watch the back and forth of is Anna insane or his Patrick evil? Love it!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Great ending and great acting all around.

I still can't wait though for a Brendonless village!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 21 2013, 09:05 PM
Great ending and great acting all around.

I still can't wait though for a Brendonless village!
Brendon? This isn't Big Brother. It's Brendan like normal. Thanks for coming out though. :P

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Dear god, the ending of Thursday's Hollyoaks simply left a big hot mess.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 21 2013, 11:03 PM
You spoke too soon. Ste was a such a little bitch today. Man up, fool! But absolute awesomeness to my beloved (blank, so as not to ruin it for those that haven't see the episode yet) returning! I had no idea it was happening and was happy as hell to see said person. I hope we get some more of said person next week and hopefully for good, especially with lone family member recently being fired from another show. But I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing.

And the Savages have just been rocking out the drama perfectly for months and months now. Who else finds it hilarious and apt that the show made sure not to have Liberty around during these reveal scenes? LoL

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Bright Eyes
Mar 22 2013, 02:10 PM
Matt
You spoke too soon. Ste was a such a little bitch today. Man up, fool! But absolute awesomeness to my beloved (blank, so as not to ruin it for those that haven't see the episode yet) returning! I had no idea it was happening and was happy as hell to see said person. I hope we get some more of said person next week and hopefully for good, especially with lone family member recently being fired from another show. But I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 22 2013, 06:02 PM
Bright Eyes
Mar 22 2013, 02:10 PM
Matt
Spoiler: click to toggle
Of course, I am. I love her and so do you, deep, deep, deep, deep, DEEEEEEEEEEEEEP down! But don't worry, this is just another pop up appearance.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Mar 22 2013, 06:35 PM.

ZackMallory

i don't know if Hollyoaks is one of the most brilliant shows or one of the DUMBEST.... i mean this show struggles hard with the nerves of the viewer and the audience

so they make an lesbian couple..kill people off.... then they did an AWESOME story with Carmel and Calvin + Mercedes in the mix and later Calvin + Theresa and Theresa got pregnant and kills Calvin... the wedding/whodunnit-week was the best ever.. and Hollyoaks had an strong revamp and useless character were written off and strong characters were introduced like the castellos and the transgender story... Brendan etc.
what happens ? SILAS - THE SERIAL KILLER...One of THE BEST Storys in YEARS of Soap Opera History and whats going on after it finished ? it was getting lazy and boring again.

and in 3 years they had 3 - 4 cast changes and revamps which isn't even funny anymore and the last revamp was the worst. they killed off Maddie, the perfect b*ch. killed of Rhys... WTF ? RHYS ? WHY ? and now Jaqui is leaving and everytime when they want to get rid of an character the character has to die... i mean how many teens died from 2011 to 2013 in this show.... 6 - 8 ? thats getting ridiculous

the storys in the moment are so lame and the whole atmosphere... and now they kill off my favorite character (Don't spoil anything but it's a bummer for me because she is involved right now and that big time and now it's not jaqui)
sinead's pregnancy story is boring as hell and this other chick annoys me. this dark hair girl
the mcqueens are getting more and more boring and have always the same crap to play and it's not even funny anymore
ONLY Brendan saved the show for months but that ends now too. Warren was a good one too who realized how crap Hollyoaks is.
JP's return to the show was so useless now... yeah now it's getting on with JP and Doug and later Ste in the mix. i bet my a$$ off because that is what hollyoaks writter do..repeat storys and create the same plots... the writter are so LAZY. even i could write an better soap then they do.
Hollyoaks has his highs and downs and now it's a down low and everyone will realize it when brendan is gone for good.
Gemma Bissex returns as Clare... i don't think that she can replace Brendan as Villain.

i mean Hollyoaks has some awesome characters which are getting ruined after a time by the lazyness of the writter... this soap has potential but it doesn't get used... what a shame
Edited by ZackMallory, Mar 23 2013, 06:18 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply