Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hollyoaks Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (35,194 Views)
Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Oct 10 2013, 07:49 PM
I'm still playing catch up on September but this doesn't shock me. I figured we'd be losing Kane and Ash either here or in the blast.

Biggest problem with Hollyoaks these days is they don't have characters anymore, only models with no stories waiting for their contracts to expire so they can crack America. Callum's had nothing to do for over a year. He wasn't even slightly affected by Maddie's death.
Kirkwood's favourtism is so clear in how he writes that characters with amazing potential like the Kanes are only used for plot purposes when it suits him. In fact, he really has shit a lot on the Kanes since he started which is quite sad for me because Smithwick was building them up quite well. And Martha/Carli Norris always perks up any scene she is in.

Heck, even with characters he does like the pacing of stories is still so awkward, like the recent Darren/Sandy reveal.

And if he is really stupid enough to kill of Dodger, I will be so fucking livid.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Realistically Danny Mac's contract has to be expiring soon. No one seems to stay on Hollyoaks.

I don't find that Dodger really adds anything to the show anyway. He's another one who drifts around the village as a plot point in others stories.
Edited by Drew, Oct 10 2013, 09:45 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I don't understand the negativity around Emma Smithwick because I was really enjoying her tenure, especially compared to Kirkwood 2.0.

The 6th formers were a great set of characters, the uni group were the weak link (I don't get how everyone else felt the reverse). Callum and Maddie were starting something that could gave run for a few years with the chemistry they had -- the press said the Bus Crash story was a joint plot but I have to wonder just who's idea it was to kill off Maddie. She was absolutely needed for the end of Esther's bullying story.

Now the show's overrun with underworld figures that are practically identical and it's getting pretty zzzz.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Oct 10 2013, 09:42 PM
Realistically Danny Mac's contract has to be expiring soon. No one seems to stay on Hollyoaks.

I don't find that Dodger really adds anything to the show anyway. He's another one who drifts around the village as a plot point in others stories.
I disagree. Him and Texas were the major reason Hollyoaks was the best soap of 2012. It's only since Kirkwood that things seem to have a start and stop feel to them. I agree with you about Smithwick. The only truly bad thing was making the cast so huge for no reason. Honestly, if the characters Kirkwood was left with were used correctly, the Roscoe and Lomax clans wouldn't really have been necessary.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Oct 10 2013, 09:55 PM
Now the show's overrun with underworld figures that are practically identical and it's getting pretty zzzz.
I think Trevor is fantastic and the actor is sexy as hell. Making him have a boss was unnecessary. If he wanted to bring Claire back, he should have made her Patrick's sister. That would have been amazing.

And Jim McGinn as a regular character? HATE, HATE, HATE! Carmel's chemistry with Barney was the best she's ever had with anyone and the story was much better than the cliche ugly gross slob gets the beauty queen crap.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DAYS needs to watch this and take notes...

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Is this perhaps the most boring series of Later ever?

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Great couple of months for the mainshow, that I burned through in a week lol.

The blast and everything leading up to it were exceptional. I'm baffled by some of the deaths though. Claire for the sheer shock of it, and Ash. Will's primary relationship for the last two years has been Ash, they only got together officially after Texas, but it was obvious there was some pining there for a long time. I don't know where Killer Will goes now that he doesn't have that happy ending to fight (too hard) for, and I don't have the interest to wait for it to play out over another year.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Where is everybody?

Anyway .... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a525281/hollyoaks-james-atherton-confirms-will-savage-exit.html

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

That was the worst funeral ever.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Great episode Tuesday. Martha easily being the best part, I hope they find a way to keep her around after the Will climax. She could easily be the funnier Shirley Carter of Dee Valley.
Edited by Drew, Nov 6 2013, 11:56 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Welp, nevermind :lol:

edit: that will serve me from commenting before the post credit scene.
Edited by Drew, Nov 6 2013, 12:21 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 6 2013, 12:20 PM
Welp, nevermind :lol:

edit: that will serve me from commenting before the post credit scene.
Is this Wednesday or Thursday's episode you're talking about? You make it sound like she's dead but at the end of today's episode she was shot but still alive and running for help at the very end.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

That's what I last saw. I posted the "nevermind" because they alluded Will shooting her dead, then saw the post credit scene.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 6 2013, 06:37 PM
That's what I last saw. I posted the "nevermind" because they alluded Will shooting her dead, then saw the post credit scene.
I enjoy the show for the most part but Kirkwood playing obvious favourites should not have been taken out on the Kanes. They were the best family since the McQueens. I think he'll probably just put Martha with Dirk and then they'll leave town and that'll be that.

With The Box now gone, how do you watch the show now? I watch it through the channel4 player and save downloading for all the movies I watch.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Nov 6 2013, 06:44 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

episodes show up on one of the private trackers I've been a member of for years.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I think they're going to go the Dirk and Cindy route, which is disgusting. I wouldn't want him with Martha either.

The actress apparently was on twitter mentioning she was going into business with her sister, so fans on the DS board weren't expecting her to be around much longer.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 6 2013, 07:09 PM
I think they're going to go the Dirk and Cindy route, which is disgusting. I wouldn't want him with Martha either.

The actress apparently was on twitter mentioning she was going into business with her sister, so fans on the DS board weren't expecting her to be around much longer.
It is disgusting indeed. I wonder if she'll lie and say he's the baby's father? I'm kind of hoping she does just to better guarantee they won't last for too long. Waring is constantly shat on by this show. She should be so much more involved with Darren and Tom.

I also think Dodger and Maxine have absolutely no chemistry whatsoever.

Are you as happy as I am that wet mop Ruby is leaving next year? As is Theresa, but I've always loved her.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Glad Ruby is leaving for sure. Same with Theresa really. I don't think they know what to do with her anymore, and the slutty ditz is getting a little old. That said, I've never disliked her really.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 6 2013, 07:50 PM
Same with Theresa really. I don't think they know what to do with her anymore, and the slutty ditz is getting a little old. That said, I've never disliked her really.
Kirkwood definitely doesn't. Sinead has basically taken her place on the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply