Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hollyoaks Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (34,797 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I hate Sinead. I hate all the O'Connors really. Diane is so bloody boring and this destiny shit is tired.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 6 2013, 10:18 PM
I hate Sinead. I hate all the O'Connors really. Diane is so bloody boring and this destiny shit is tired.
You leave Alex Fletcher alone. BROOKSIDE4EVA!

As for Sinead, I've never cared too much about her either. And not only do I feel she stole Theresa's spotlight, her friendship with Ste is a lame retread of the great Ste / Justin friendship that was all too brief because of Fountain leaving. I did laugh though when she confronted Ste about shady ass Danny at Doug funeral! Are we actually supposed to sympathize with Danny at all?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

my crack source when I don't want live online -- http://uksoapshare.blogspot.com/

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Sorry, no. Diane has no personality.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Let us rejoice! Martha SURVIVES!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Fuck Kirkwood!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a529689/hollyoaks-exit-for-carli-norris-as-martha-kane.html

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Such a dumbass decision. The Kanes were fantastic and he completely shit all over their amazing potential.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

There is a serious shortage of comedy characters in the village now, and Dennis doesn't count. They need something to balance out the murderers, male rapists, drug dealers, psycho bitches and crime lords.

No wonder the logo and end credits are permanently black now.

With all that said, she atleast got a decent ending. Not good by any means (where was George?!) and her two scenes were really throw away but atleast they gave the sense of her turning her life around in the aftermath of bringing Ash' killer to justice by refusing that champagne bottle from Dirk.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Has Tony had chemistry with anyone?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Has Tony had chemistry with anyone?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Dying to know so badly you had to ask it twice? :teehee:

Didn't like him with Mandy or Jacqui? His time with Cindy was a horrible idea and always wreaked of desperation on the writer's part to give them both a semblance of story. He may have hated the Kanes, but I love that Cindy is an actual character again. No writer since he left the first time and given her anything even remotely interesting to do.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Cindy and Darren were electric.

But back to Tony, I was sort of liking the idea of a reunion with Jacqui but in general he seems to suck with everyone. I didn't watch the Mandy era, I started in mid 2008 and by that time him and Jacqui were fighting. The Sharpe woman was crap. Cindy was crap. Diane is crap. Diane literally wreaks of "Hey, you two are the same age. Lets throw you together because you're the old fogies of Hollyoaks"

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I started watching regularly with the first Later, I think, but I've seen good handfuls of episodes from 05 / 06 / 07, like Grace's death, the Becca / Justin affair, the amazing climax to the Sam/Andy date rape story where I fell in love with Nicole Owen and am always hoping she'll return, hannah's anorexia, etc.

At least we agree on Darren / Cindy. I'm super surprised Kirkwood has kept them so separated from each other. I hate that Cindy / Holly aren't more involved with Tom and his living with the Osbornes. We all know they are each other's true loves. The small taste Smithwick gave us of them only set off my yearning for them.

Honestly, I don't see Diane and Tony lasting too long anyway. If Stephanie Davis decides to leave sooner rather than later I can easily seem them deciding to kill Diane off.

The funny thing about Mandy / Tony is that when they first got together, since Mandy was always an age group younger than Tony (as was Cindy), Sarah Jayne Dunn thought the pairing was weird initially. Also, Kirkwood's biggest failure has always been his writing of Mandy. She was the most popular heroine in the show's history, because of the molestation by her father story, and he wrote her so crappily. Marquess didn't help things at all either.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Nov 8 2013, 09:18 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Really? I thought you were watching it earlier than that. Someone was talking about it non stop which led me to start watching it the week after Max was run over by Niall.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 8 2013, 09:59 PM
Really? I thought you were watching it earlier than that. Someone was talking about it non stop which led me to start watching it the week after Max was run over by Niall.
I first heard about the show in 2007, I think, through Y&RWorldTurner, because of Clare. Maybe it was the Church explosion I started with then ... when was that? Because of all I've seen on YouTube and read about online, my memory is fucking horrible about when I actually started watching regularly is horrible.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think within a month of the first Later.

Speaking of the church, is that stone shell where the kids hang out and Esther tried to kill herself supposed to be the remains of the church?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Bright Eyes
Nov 8 2013, 09:12 PM

At least we agree on Darren / Cindy. I'm super surprised Kirkwood has kept them so separated from each other. I hate that Cindy / Holly aren't more involved with Tom and his living with the Osbornes. We all know they are each other's true loves. The small taste Smithwick gave us of them only set off my yearning for them.
Forgot about this.

I don't think they'd work now as a couple. Darren's matured beyond Cindy now. If he were still mesh tank top wearing Darren it would work.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 8 2013, 11:56 PM

Speaking of the church, is that stone shell where the kids hang out and Esther tried to kill herself supposed to be the remains of the church?
I'm not sure. I asked on SON where a couple more people talk about the show to see if they know.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 9 2013, 12:02 AM
Bright Eyes
Nov 8 2013, 09:12 PM

Forgot about this.

I don't think they'd work now as a couple. Darren's matured beyond Cindy now. If he were still mesh tank top wearing Darren it would work.
Spare me. After Nancy refuses to take him back and everything with Sienna comes to head, what do you wanna bet that Kirkwood has an epic scene of the REAL Darren emerging again putting on his mesh tank top and gold chains!!! I PRAY FOR THE DAY! :D

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Nov 9 2013, 12:12 AM
Drew
Nov 8 2013, 11:56 PM

I'm not sure. I asked on SON where a couple more people talk about the show to see if they know.
I asked on DS as well as basically the folly started appearing in 2011. Apparently it's the ruins of an actual really life building!

Here's the link to the forum - My Webpage

Here's the link to the site of the real building - My Webpage

So no, not the church Niall blew up!
Edited by Bright Eyes, Nov 9 2013, 01:29 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply