Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hollyoaks Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (33,914 Views)
Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew, how are we going to get through this Cindy / Dirk shit? It's so revolting. It's bad enough Carmel is stuck with Jim. And then there's can't act Freddie ... he's so hammy. #teamJoe all the way!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't even understand why Dirk is still around.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I actually like Dirk.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

For the love of God, let this be the end of horrible Vincent.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I can't really bring myself to watch this Ireland/Vincent crap.

More Osborne/Roscoe/Lomax drama please.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 15 2013, 10:25 PM

It was great seeing Phoebe shop Vincent to the authorities ... brief moment though it was. I can't get past Vincent's horrible skin. How is that allowed on Hollyoaks of all things?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Bright Eyes
Nov 15 2013, 11:06 PM
Drew

It was great seeing Phoebe shop Vincent to the authorities ... brief moment though it was. I can't get past Vincent's horrible skin. How is that allowed on Hollyoaks of all things?
I've yet to figure out how BOTH Phoebe & George are in love with him. smdh

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 16 2013, 01:31 PM
Bright Eyes
Nov 15 2013, 11:06 PM
Drew

I've yet to figure out how BOTH Phoebe & George are in love with him. smdh
I'm fanwanking it to be about them not being able to be with each other so they're using him as a symbol of their love. LoL Anything makes more sense ...

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Freddie can't act. And I read on DS and a poster thinks that he's best looking Rosecoe brother? The fuck. People need to really check themselves for terrible taste. He's the last on that score, by a long shot.

On the other hand, the new Holly is already miles better than Wallis Day ever was.

I love the freinemy-ship of Mercedes and Cindy.

Lastly, how joyous that Cindy is free of Dirk. Thank the heavens she wasn't saddled with that. At least, I hope so anyway.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Nov 20 2013, 04:27 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Freddie looks a little rough, yes, but damn can he fill out a pair of black boxer briefs.

Cindy punched Mercedes in the face. I squeed.

Darren & Nancy are inching ever so closer back together. And Sienna's about to have a cow instead of that pillow stuffed under her blouse.

And I agree 100% about the new Holly. She's MILES ahead of the old Holly and at least LOOKS like she's supposed to be 16 and not 25.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

American soaps, take note. That's how you do a baby story.

Only gripe was with the final scene, Nancy would never cry on Frankie's shoulder. She would rip off her shoes and chase a bitch down!
Edited by Drew, Dec 13 2013, 09:42 PM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

They need to take note on how to do any kind of story. Now that they seem to truly want the genre to survive here (seem to) they would do well to look at the Brit soaps as a model insofar as storytelling. Obviously they can't approach the production values.

MzTee
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 13 2013, 09:41 PM
She would rip off her shoes and chase a bitch down!
hehe I would've loved to seen Nancy chase her down!!!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Ooo, Jason Turner is Roger Webb's new nemesis.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

This show is getting a bit too grim with the John Paul rape story. Having the little psycho Finn continue to terrorize his victim is just frustrating and disturbing. I can't remember a female rape storyline where the rapist gets to degrade and abuse the victim for weeks after the attack. My memory isn't firing on all cylinders these days so I could be forgetting cases of this happening on other soaps. This going on simultaneously with the Maxine abuse story is a little hard to take.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

My source stopped posting for the last couple weeks and I haven't missed it. Hollyoaks has definitely become too dark and crime overloaded.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

GOOD NEWS US VIEWERS (and people who don't like to bootleg). Hollyoaks is now on Hulu & Hulu+ on what looks to be a 3 week delay from the original UK airing.

http://www.hulu.com/hollyoaks

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

It looks like there's already 29 episodes of Hollyoaks posted on Hulu beginning at the 1st of the year. There's also a catchup video narrated by Ashley Taylor Dawson (Darren) to fill people in on who's who & what the prevailing storylines are.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 2 2014, 02:18 PM
GOOD NEWS US VIEWERS (and people who don't like to bootleg). Hollyoaks is now on Hulu & Hulu+ on what looks to be a 3 week delay from the original UK airing.

http://www.hulu.com/hollyoaks

I'd "heard" so much discussion about this soap that I decided to give it a try. I started w/ the last episode of 2013, and plan on watching 2 episodes on the days I watch. According to Hulu, I have 50+ episodes to get through. So far I'm liking what I see. Although, I must say the look and feel of it is more that of a primetime show, than daytime. Our US Soaps sure could learn a lot... I really wish I could utilize my iPad and connect/watch the show on my TV. But, I refuse to pay for Hulu+ when I can watch the show for free via my desktop. Unfortunately my desktop monitor doesn't have HDMI inputs. Grrr.
Edited by badaddiction, Apr 10 2014, 04:41 PM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Hulu can still be watched for free?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply