Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hollyoaks Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (35,423 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

If Sinead leaves, can she please take her vile brother and nasty mother with her? I think I actually loathe Finn & Diane more than I've ever disliked Sinead. I can at least tolerate Sinead now. Those other two? Not so much.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Matt
May 20 2014, 11:51 PM
If Sinead leaves, can she please take her vile brother and nasty mother with her? I think I actually loathe Finn & Diane more than I've ever disliked Sinead. I can at least tolerate Sinead now. Those other two? Not so much.
I yearn for someone to tell off Diane for the horrible mother and all around human being that she really is. A vajayjay.

I don't mind Finn yet because I have faith he won't stay much passed this story.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Is it wrong that I still don't hate Holly for her lie? As long as it doesn't last too long, I'll refrain from putting her on my shit list. Either way, I hope we get Sienna on her ass. It was great to see her back to being so possessive of Dodger again, too. Keep a bit of that crazy girl!

I got spoiled by accident regarding Cindy's next story and I fear what exactly happens that triggers her
Spoiler: click to toggle
It doesn't seem like too much of a stretch either considering she did throw herself down the stairs to kill Holly once upon a time.

And Nikki Sanderson deserves some sort of award. She's so good at being gut punched in every damn episode.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Alright, Finn just needs to die now!! Enough of this fuckin creep already! And he can take his hag stepmother along with him!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I didn't think bipolar disorder was something you just develop?? Your brain chemistry either is that way or isn't I thought.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
May 29 2014, 10:39 PM
Alright, Finn just needs to die now!! Enough of this fuckin creep already! And he can take his hag stepmother along with him!
Just hold on, it seems like we're on way to getting there. At least Sinead can be likable again going for broke against him.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
May 30 2014, 04:13 PM
Grandpa Hughes
May 29 2014, 10:39 PM
Just hold on, it seems like we're on way to getting there. At least Sinead can be likable again going for broke against him.
I hope we're close. I like that Sinead sees him for what he is.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I think I'm done with Hollyoaks. I'm so far behind and nothing I'm reading spoiler-wise on DS is making me want to tune back in.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Seeing Sinead with George and Esther the past couple days made me remember how likable she used to be. And the twist with her and Ste sleeping together, presumably, and the horror on Ste's face when he realized was hilarious and amazing. I also hope today was the beginning of a new story for Esther. Though I fear she's only being padded up now to be killed off in another one of Kirkwood's stunts. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I wish they'd return to their original focus of students and social issues. I can't believe its come so far that the dorm set's been struck. Do they even use the SU Bar anymore?

A daytime version of In The City is the last thing they should be doing.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Aug 15 2014, 07:21 AM
I wish they'd return to their original focus of students and social issues. I can't believe its come so far that the dorm set's been struck. Do they even use the SU Bar anymore?

A daytime version of In The City is the last thing they should be doing.
Totally agree. Hollyoaks was best being the soap about your friends being the family you choose. That they've gotten rid of the SU Bar and the dorms is ridiculous. Sinead, Esther, George and Blessing should all be living there now. There's too many family units. The fact that they are bringing on even more McQueens is stupid as hell. That family does not need to keep expanding.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Jennifer Metcalfe (QUEEN MERCEDES) has also quit the show, along with Gemma Merna (Carmel).

Carmel's time was basically up, but Mercedes going will be a huge, huge loss to this show. And the news that they are bringing on THREE new carbon copy McQueens sounds absolutely horrible.

Either way, all the original McQueen sisters will be gone. An end of an era! :(
Edited by Bright Eyes, Aug 26 2014, 08:11 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Today was such a great episode. I've never seen the scene where Darren can't hug/touch Nancy because she has yet to be examined in a rape story before, even if it was only attempted rape. Putting Phoebe in the episode was a good move, because even though it wasn't mentioned you could see it in her face that it brought the horrible memory of her own rape back. The scene where Nancy had to admit she had slept with someone that wasn't her husband the day before in case Rick's DNA showed up was very well written as well. And though Finn is a completely vile character, the actor is fantastic. If this show completely centered around Ashley Taylor Dawson's Darren and Jessica Fox's Nancy, I would still watch everyday. The two best actors on the show and the two most underrated actors in soap.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew, do you remember the details of when Phoebe was raped? I know the guy showed up as Doctor Browing's boss at one point, but I've read conflicting things.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I don't. I figured it was a hobo.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Meanwhile .....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Sep 4 2014, 07:51 PM
Meanwhile .....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Is this about today's episode? If so, I haven't been able to watch it yet. Not at the usual place I look either.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Thank god Kirkwood isn't still fucking up EastEnders, that's all I got.
Edited by Drew, Sep 4 2014, 10:07 PM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Well that was a mess. The original link was to the story reporting Emmett/Brendan being cast as Detective Jim Corrigan in the Constantine TV series.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Sep 7 2014, 12:41 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Please let this be the end of Darren and Nancy. How else is he going to reunite with Cindy? :music:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply