Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (49,568 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Derek being the guy would be beyond creepy. Eww if Kat would degrade herself that much.

How long is Charlie Brooks gone for? It is going to suck without her.

Watching this Janine storyline makes me miss Pat so much. Pat would have been great in this storyline.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

One reason I thought of Derek is the scene where Kat was tending to her lovers' wounded hand. Derek seemed to be the only one who got a punch in even if it was supposed to have happened at the game. Everything else seemed to be wrestling around in the pub. Max is up to something with that trip to a house where he dropped an envelope in and that wasn't the place where Kat's been meeting her hook up.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Grandpa Hughes
Sep 23 2012, 12:34 PM
One reason I thought of Derek is the scene where Kat was tending to her lovers' wounded hand. Derek seemed to be the only one who got a punch in even if it was supposed to have happened at the game. Everything else seemed to be wrestling around in the pub. Max is up to something with that trip to a house where he dropped an envelope in and that wasn't the place where Kat's been meeting her hook up.
I think Max is trying to track down Cora's supposedly dead secret daughter.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 23 2012, 12:24 PM
Derek being the guy would be beyond creepy. Eww if Kat would degrade herself that much.

How long is Charlie Brooks gone for? It is going to suck without her.

Watching this Janine storyline makes me miss Pat so much. Pat would have been great in this storyline.
Charlie Brooks will be gone for six months. Of course, Letitia Dean's last exit was supposed to be a break as well and that lasted YEARS!
Edited by Bright Eyes, Sep 23 2012, 03:07 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm sure she will come back. They seem invested in Janine and I haven't seen or heard anything where Charlie Brooks is ready to move on or anything. I do think it's ridiculous that they let stars out for so many months but I do like the somewhat "rotation" factor that it gives the canvas and it helps to rest big characters, which I feel the US soaps largely overdose us on beyond belief.

And I feel like Derek is Kat's lover because the affair IS creepy. I just feel like Derek is the type to try and "buy" Kat and he sees her as less than him. It is sad if Kat is degrading herself for Derek. I hope not but the evidence, in my mind, points directly at Derek. Though I suppose it could still be Michael. I don't see it being Max or Jack and isn't Ray already eliminated? I would have liked that. Ray would have been interesting, IMO. However, I like Kim and Kat's friendship so I'm glad that's not being ruined.

Since I can't keep up with the comings and goings isn't Jo Joyner taking a break or did she just have one? And are they really bringing on Cora's other daughter. I'd imagine that would be what sends Tanya out of town for a while?

And how long has June Brown been gone already? I've only watched since August. Is a typical leave usually always six months (under normal leave circumstances)?
Edited by KMan101, Sep 24 2012, 09:51 AM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Being spoiler free really makes a difference. I had no clue Sharon's secret was that she was an addict! Trying to picture Sharon off her head makes me uncomfortable and sad.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

They kept it pretty well under wraps even with spoilers. It makes me think of the tragedy of Angie.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Just watched Janine's last episode. Between the Kat/Alfie and Janine/Michael scenes I was so amazed by the acting and writing. That is soap opera.
Edited by darraholic, Sep 27 2012, 10:52 PM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I hate this six month break stuff with Janine. They need another troublemaker in that age bracket.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

LMAO at Janine being a straight up bitch even when she's gone. The look on Michael's face when he realized their account has been frozen and the business was being boarded up.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

It's always nice to see Michael suffer.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I really don't like Joey at all. I'm glad that Derek outsmarted him.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Sep 30 2012, 11:38 AM
I really don't like Joey at all. I'm glad that Derek outsmarted him.
Same here. They should just Ryan-ize him already and have him half-naked all the time. Though, I'm not entirely sure if I hate Derek more or less. It changes depending on the day.

And can we all take a minute to be thankful that Kat and Alfie are out of the Vic? PRAISE (insert God or God-like deity here)
Edited by Bright Eyes, Sep 30 2012, 11:47 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

If I'd not watched the first year and a half of the Slaters I'd totally hate Kat. They've really botched her character.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

:lol: Jean's "Git Outta My Pub!"

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Finally...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/275789/EastEnders-Derek-Branning-s-grizzly-end/

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Y&RWorldTurner
Oct 7 2012, 01:40 PM
:hail: :hail: :cheer: :cheer: YESSSSSSSSSSS

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm so relieved to hear that

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Could be an unpopular opinion, but I really like Alice. She's quiet, but sweet. Felt terrible for her when she got mugged the other day.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I do too. I really like her. I actually like all of the teens for the most part but at the same time, I could take all of them or leave them. I do like Alice though. And Abi. I have a love hate relationship with Lucy. I think the Ian/Lucy scenes are always awesome and play to both very well. I think they all have different things they bring to the table, though I'm not sure what to make of Abi. She and Alice seem similar, though like I said, I'm a newer viewer and only know that Abi seems nice and was interested in Jay. I'm a couple weeks behind (damn job! and life! lol, J/K) but aware of the important things. Gotta catch up. I can get YouTube on my TV (through my DirecTV receiver, though my blu-ray player has a youtube app) so yay. Quality's pretty good, too.

BTW, if any of you have that capability, totally take advantage of it! I've been watching Sunset Beach and Passions (I'd watch other soaps but these both have nearly their full runs on YouTube) that way, too.
Edited by KMan101, Oct 11 2012, 06:42 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply